Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Notre Dame Hockey 2013-2014 Go East young men

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
    Good observation kudos go to the fans (primarily the ones at the west end of the rink) who did a great job not only showing up, but also cheering the team on.
    I enjoyed that a lot too. Except that it meant I had to stand behind a student who was around 7 feet tall and probably should have been playing in the basketball game. Also, I love the band's enthusiasm, but man their cheers make me groan...

And where was he going on that 2nd UM goal? And the only time he tracked the puck tonight was as he watched it being fished out of the back of the net.
    He was awful on Saturday. Honestly I wanted him pulled after the second goal. I just have never seen him recover once it starts to go downhill like that. That was the worst of the night, but it was a clear indicator "Hey, my head isn't in it." Benny Hill theme song worthy.

Next weekend is the first ever Hockey East series at the Compton. Oh how I would love to see the crowd just as huge and into it for Merrimack as they were for Minnesota...
    Merrimack doesn't look as strong as a few years ago, but it's still Hockey East. With no football game to compete with, they should be able to get the students to show up en masse again.
    Boston University 2009 Champs
    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Have to say you flashy helmet guys looked pretty good this weekend. Fun games to watch although the feed was a little dizzying at times. Wondering if there's any word on Hinostroza?
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Wondering if there's any word on Hinostroza?
        Word is he's fast, small and a great scorer!

Originally posted by candycanes99
        Benny Hill theme song worthy.
        Good grief. How old are you?!

Originally posted by candycanes99
        With no football game to compete with, they should be able to get the students to show up en masse again.
        You give the students way too much credit. I hope they are deserving of your credit and not my pessimism...
        Last edited by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres.; 11-11-2013, 11:45 PM.
        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Good grief. How old are you?!

You give the students way too much credit. I hope they are deserving of your credit and not my pessimism...
          Only old enough to know the meme, not the actual show.

Students love free stuff. There are giveaways. I'm fairly confident.
          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

So we're been missing 4 guys who were going to be eating up minutes. Does anyone have ANY idea when any of them will be back? 20% of the guys who were expected to dress for every game are injured and all we know is basically what we see from checking the final box score to see who has played. Is it the local press being lazy, or is Jackson simply taking advantage of the relatively mild interest in his sport (compared with football or basketball) to hide injuries? I wonder if those who follow North Dakota or Minnesota spend as much time wondering just how long injuries to key players will be affecting their lineups.

Comment

I expect Hinostroza and DiPauli to miss a few more games. I'm guessing Voran and Johnson to be back fairly soon.

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Merrimack tries to grind games out so I expect a couple of one goal games as they block a ton of shots!

Welcome to Hockey East where you never get a weekend off!
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  Merrimack tries to grind games out so I expect a couple of one goal games as they block a ton of shots!

Welcome to Hockey East where you never get a weekend off!
                  Except against Merrimack!

I do expect one game to be close. But one should also be a blowout. After a series with Minnesota this has letdown potential, but it's the first home series in Hockey East so it should be sufficiently hyped-up enough.
                  Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

I expect Hinostroza and DiPauli to miss a few more games. I'm guessing Voran and Johnson to be back fairly soon.
                    What is wrong with DiPauli? I thought he played well last season. I see he has missed the last few games.
                    St. Lawrence University Graduate
                    2000 BS Phys Ed.
                    2001 Masters of Education
                    St. Lawrence United FC (72541)
                    Canada, IV.47
                    Home of the St. Lawrence United Baby Saints (28992)

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                      So we're been missing 4 guys who were going to be eating up minutes. Does anyone have ANY idea when any of them will be back? 20% of the guys who were expected to dress for every game are injured and all we know is basically what we see from checking the final box score to see who has played. Is it the local press being lazy, or is Jackson simply taking advantage of the relatively mild interest in his sport (compared with football or basketball) to hide injuries? I wonder if those who follow North Dakota or Minnesota spend as much time wondering just how long injuries to key players will be affecting their lineups.
                      On average Minnesota has so much depth injuries only effect the elite players on line one.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Dude, the Irish twitter guys tweeted about Hinostroza this week. Info in web stories and injuries were talked about on the radio. Coach Jackson discussed injuries in pre game and was talked about again during the game. Not sure how you missed all of these?

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post

Comment

Originally posted by moko View Post
                          What is wrong with DiPauli? I thought he played well last season. I see he has missed the last few games.
                          He's fine now. He played tonight after sitting out a few with an injury. I guessed wrong about Mike Voran and Eric Johnson. They and Vince Hinostroza will be out for at least 2 weeks.

And since I am so not politically correct, did anyone notice the ND (and possibly college hockey) history made tonight? ND dressed both black players (and why wouldn't Ali Thomas dress after his gritty play last weekend?) and Thomas scored his first collegiate goal. The game-winner. Has there been a D1 team that has dressed 2 black players in a game? When I run down the list of black players I've seen, it's always one per team: Scooter Vaughan, Anson Carter, Quinn Smith, Ted Laviolette to name a few.

I'm still impressed with Stephen Johns. In fact, he might be my smiley. heart. this season. Well, after Voran shaves.

Comment

John and Bernie Saunders?

Judges?

Comment

Judges?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadEnder65 View Post

Judges?
                                I actually forgot about them. Bernie played tons, but didn't John play in like one game? Was it while Bernie was also dressed?

Comment

Working...
                                X