X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2013-2014 - Rocking The Ritter One Last Time <<<<<

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
    There was a horrible call by the linesmen on a offsides when RIT was coming into the zone on what a 3-1 that killed a great scoring chance. This was right before Michigan came down the ice for their 5th goal.
    I thought there was a fourth Tiger on the opposite side of the ice who might have crossed early, but the replay was focused on the three you mentioned and didn't show the near side.

Ruby overcomitted on a couple of those first-period goals; that works fine in AHA play, but these Michigan forwards have moves he's not used to seeing. There's only so much you can do when the player you're following to the far post stops on a dime and reverses to put it in the near side. What changed in the second is that the defense started preventing those one-on-one chances and kept Ruby from having to play above his ability.

We totally should have had a penalty shot on that one play; that's the one call I think the refs really blew for no apparent reason.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
      We totally should have had a penalty shot on that one play; that's the one call I think the refs really blew for no apparent reason.

Powers &8^]
      I agree here. I thought that play and Michigan's 5th goal were key.

Seeing the team play like they did last night makes me feel a lot better than Thursday.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
        Seeing the team play like they did last night makes me feel a lot better than Thursday.
        Yeah, me too! If we can keep this level of play up consistently, it could be a fun season!
        RIT TIGERS
        Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
        Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
        Frozen Four 2010
        The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

I can't remember so many people being excited after a loss. Interesting. I thought the game was a bit of the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The good was the resiliency of the team to come back after being down by 4. That is something as a fan to be excited about and as a player to be proud of. If the players can keep that same mindset throughout the season it will serve them well.

The bad, was the defense. I think part of it was just playing against players who are simply bigger, stronger, faster, and more talented. A few times though, they had blown assignments that can't happen against a team of Michigan's caliber. Or the best teams in the AHA.

The ugly, was falling behind by 4 goals and having to claw their way back into the game. I can't help but wonder what how the game would have been different if the defense hadn't blown one or two less plays, or Ruby had made a great save or two. Even with the players that Michigan has, RIT can't fall behind by that many that quickly, or it will be a long season when RIT plays top competition.

The best news is that if RIT can improve the defensive play (tighten up some and not make bad mistakes), Ruby can continue his adequate play, the offense continue to play well, then I think the AHA should be wary of the Tigers. My concern is that RIT will be the team from the Colgate game more often that the team from the Michigan game.
          My Four Favorite teams:
          RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
          Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
            I can't remember so many people being excited after a loss.
            Yes, fans would rather be excited early in the season and are looking at the positives from the team so far... especially in contrast with the Colgate game.
            RIT TIGERS
            Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
            Frozen Four 2010
            The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

Two things to say,
              1. I went to the alumni reception and Wilson gave the most depressing speech ever from a coach. If he went into the locker room and said what he said there I think I'd quit the team.
              2. How did assigned seat work for you? Cause I had 5 empty seats next to me three rows back near the announcer's booth. The arena looked very empty to me even if it was a sellout game there were a lot of no shows. I wonder if Thursday put a damper on them. We were only slightly we couldn't sit with our friends that aren't season ticket holders since we did get with them at the alumni event, but if I had to do this every game I wouldn't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by dxk3355 View Post
                Two things to say,
                1. I went to the alumni reception and Wilson gave the most depressing speech ever from a coach. If he went into the locker room and said what he said there I think I'd quit the team.
                2. How did assigned seat work for you? Cause I had 5 empty seats next to me three rows back near the announcer's booth. The arena looked very empty to me even if it was a sellout game there were a lot of no shows. I wonder if Thursday put a damper on them. We were only slightly we couldn't sit with our friends that aren't season ticket holders since we did get with them at the alumni event, but if I had to do this every game I wouldn't like it.
                1. Can you elaborate on that?

2. I too noticed many empty seats, partial rows, and even little sections. People upset with the seats they were definitively stuck with?
                2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
                2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

There were quite a few empty seats for a sellout.
                  2010 Frozen Four participant

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Just back home after the 5+ hour ride home and I have to say that the second period made my annual trip up Rochester and to the BCA worth it. We sat behind the RIT players bench and thinking of the Colgate game I said to my son as we headed into the rink, "I hope the game is competitive". After one period though I wasn't confident that our boys could answer the bell, so to speak, for the 2nd period. After listening to the exhibition game and the Colgate game I was wondering if we had a sniper or spark on this current team that could ignite the rest of the gang. Watching Colavecchia slice through the Michigan defense and score that first RIT goal was a sight for sore eyes. It didn't hurt that 10 of the 11 goals were down at that end so we had a great view of most of the goals. While we all wanted a different outcome, that second period showed what this team can be if they are hitting on all cylinders. I like that the team is playing, at least on paper, superior non conference teams before heading into league play. They can point to last nights game and say they went toe to toe with a Michigan team that has 12 NHL draft picks, and for part of the second period looked a little flustered with all the penalties and the pressure that RIT was applying. No one in the AHA can compare to a Michigan and there is no reason that RIT can't beat every team in the AHA consistently if they put forth an effort that they exhibited in the second period last night.

I put a few pictures up from my vantage point from behind RIT's bench.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10669...14440743486945
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                      No one in the AHA can compare to a Michigan and there is no reason that RIT can't beat every team in the AHA consistently if they put forth an effort that they exhibited in the second period last night.
                      Agreed. The problem, of course, being that when RIT does step up their game to the point they can compete with Michigan, it tires them out. I think that had as much to do with the fifth Wolverine goal as anything else; the Tigers were absolutely and completely gassed. They had nothing left in the tank. They recharged a bit during the second intermission, but they just couldn't keep up the level of effort they had exhibited in the second, and that kept them from being able to get the equalizer.

So yes, the Tigers can skate with some of the best teams... the problem is that it requires twice the effort that the best teams exert, and that's not sustainable for 60 minutes of hockey.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                        I didn't see them video reviewing any of the goals, was this because it was neutral site?
                        I believe they reviewed every goal, as well as that one non-goal; it's just very quick.

Powers &8^]

Comment

I believe they reviewed every goal, as well as that one non-goal; it's just very quick.
                          I would've liked to see a review of the no-goal from the the other side, or even the overhead view. I was sitting on the side of the penalty boxes and from there it looked like it was a good goal.

Comment

the Tigers were absolutely and completely gassed.
                            Have to agree as well as RIT being gassed but I thought Michigan was gassed as well as they played a bit on their heels in the 2nd and if you remember there was a Michigan penalty at the end of the period for throwing the stick which showed up the in box score as an unsportsmanlike. That's why RIT came out on the powerplay at the start of the 3rd and almost tied it on that shot that looked like it in went in but apparently hit the post and lodged back under the Michigan goalie. If that would of went in, maybe RIT would of forgot about how tired they were. Lots of positives from this game both on the ice and in the locker room, let's see how those positives translate up in Potsdam.

Player introductions from last night:

http://youtu.be/yAd0KykE__s
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post
                              I would've liked to see a review of the no-goal from the the other side, or even the overhead view. I was sitting on the side of the penalty boxes and from there it looked like it was a good goal.
                              Yes, and the light came on. But what clinched it on replay for me was that no Tiger threw his hands in the air. No celebration = no goal. =)

Powers &8^]

Comment

I thought there was a fourth Tiger on the opposite side of the ice who might have crossed early, but the replay was focused on the three you mentioned and didn't show the near side.

Powers &8^]
                                On the broadcast they show a replay in which you can clearly see the other two RIT players are still further down the ice right before they focus on the three crossing the blue line.

Comment

Working...
                                X