X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2013-2014 - Rocking The Ritter One Last Time <<<<<

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    'Bentley was quicker'...'we were standing around'...Bentley winning the battles....let's hope they can figure this out before tomorrow night.

I think what stinks about this game was the fact that we were coming off of losing two at UCONN and we were all anticipating some fire in tonight's game. Put it in the rearview mirror and come out tomorrow as a different team.

Worst part of the game beside the score was the village idiot and his cousin from the same mother shooting his mouth off all game long.

Best come back line from the RIT fans to the Bentley fan's chant of "We want 10" was an RIT fan mimicking them with "What do we want, our own rink!" The JAR reminded me of the Polar Palace in Miami back in the 60's.

Bentley was fast tonight and passed really well. This might be Bentley's year but hopefully the Tigers are able turn it around tomorrow.
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
      We might get to see MacLean in net. That could be fun...maybe...
      I think we see Rotolo. From what I heard, Rotolo did not have much of a chance on at least 3 of the goals. Ruby was put in to try and shake things up. If Ruby had shut them down, we might have seen him in net.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
        I think we see Rotolo. From what I heard, Rotolo did not have much of a chance on at least 3 of the goals. Ruby was put in to try and shake things up. If Ruby had shut them down, we might have seen him in net.
        The D was lacking on most of the goals as what should have been clearing passes ended up on a Bentley stick. Two of the goals, 1 off Rotolo and 1 off Ruby were setup so well, I would think the best goalie in the nation would have been hard pressed to stop them.

If the team didn't respond well in the locker room after last nights game, I think you see MacLean otherwise it's Ruby in net. Giving up 12 goals in 3 games does not look promising for Rotolo.
        RIT Tigers

Comment

Nice win for the women's team last night... exciting game with a spectacular ending. Congrats to them on a job really well done! I wish I had watched it!
          RIT TIGERS
          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
          Frozen Four 2010
          The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
            If the team didn't respond well in the locker room after last nights game, I think you see MacLean otherwise it's Ruby in net. Giving up 12 goals in 3 games does not look promising for Rotolo.
            I don't think constantly switching goaltenders is a good idea. You need goaltenders going in with confidence and not looking over their shoulder after giving up goals. The Tigers came in with a set plan that Ruby was going to be the starter. Then he lost his job to Rotolo. If the goals Rotolo were giving up were soft that's one thing, but practically all the goals after the St. Lawrence game have been good goals.

The disturbing thing to me is that RIT is getting beat in the boards. That was a staple of the RIT teams that were winning AHA championships. I think that is missing and needs to return for RIT to return to greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
              Some interesting (depressing) scores tonight after 2 ...

RIT 1, Bentley 6
              RMU 6, UCONN 1
              AIC 5, Niagara 1

Nothing there to make an RIT fan optimistic.
              Well that really messes up my pick-em, except RIT-Bentley I picked Bentley to win

If anyone hasn't hit the panic button its probably time after the scores of RIT's last 2 games...
              RIT Tigers
              Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
              Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
              Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                Well that really messes up my pick-em, except RIT-Bentley I picked Bentley to win
                Sadly ... so did I.
                -M

Comment

I don't think constantly switching goaltenders is a good idea. You need goaltenders going in with confidence and not looking over their shoulder after giving up goals. The Tigers came in with a set plan that Ruby was going to be the starter. Then he lost his job to Rotolo. If the goals Rotolo were giving up were soft that's one thing, but practically all the goals after the St. Lawrence game have been good goals.

The disturbing thing to me is that RIT is getting beat in the boards. That was a staple of the RIT teams that were winning AHA championships. I think that is missing and needs to return for RIT to return to greatness.
                  We talked about that on the ride out of Watertown last night, they are definitely missing a McReynold's type of player out on the ice.

As far as switching out goalies, it doesn't help to leave them in when they are getting shellacked by the other team. Giving up 10 (Sat and Fri) before being pulled plays on your mind too. To be honest, I don't know who we'll see in net but hopefully they can go 60 without seeing Bentley in their zone as much as they were last night.

Shake Shack in Cambridge before the game, at least the night will be off to a good start.
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

sigh

Comment

At least the effort was better tonight. The lousy officiating didn't help, of course, but that's not an excuse.
                      RIT TIGERS
                      Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                      Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                      Frozen Four 2010
                      The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

Interesting that Ruby started tonight...definitely didn't expect that. Looks like he had a decent game too....I really hope this doesn't give Wilson the idea of platooning, though. That's not a good idea for any of the goalies.
                        RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RITFan67 View Post
                          At least the effort was better tonight. The lousy officiating didn't help, of course, but that's not an excuse.

Better effort and the teams seemed pretty even tonight but yeah, the officiating didn't help, especially on the penalty call leading up to the 3rd goal.
                          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                            Interesting that Ruby started tonight...definitely didn't expect that. Looks like he had a decent game too....I really hope this doesn't give Wilson the idea of platooning, though. That's not a good idea for any of the goalies.
                            It sounded like the first goal that he allowed was a bit soft. When your team is struggling as bad as the Tigers had been, you have to be very careful and can't allow weak goals.

What's odd is Rotolo lead the team out in warmups, but Ruby lead them out when it came time for the game. I missed part of the postgame and don't know if this was addressed. Anyone know what happened?

Comment

It sounded like the first goal that he allowed was a bit soft. When your team is struggling as bad as the Tigers had been, you have to be very careful and can't allow weak goals.

What's odd is Rotolo lead the team out in warmups, but Ruby lead them out when it came time for the game. I missed part of the postgame and don't know if this was addressed. Anyone know what happened?

First goal started up as a mix-up between Ruby and one of his defenders. Both went for a puck behind the Tiger net which slowed down getting it out. A Bentley player flew in and stole it and got it past Ruby before he reset in crease.

Ruby played a good game last night, stopped some tough shots and if not for the empty netter and that first goal, would have ended a 2-1 game.
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

Coach Wilson said the decision to start Ruby was made well before the game.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X