This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2013-2014 - Rocking The Ritter One Last Time <<<<<

They were also in the Marriuci Classic in Minnesota a few years ago where they beat the Gophers before falling to Boston College in the championship.

A thought with the new arena is that RIT could consider hosting their own tournament. It would be big enough to host one where the Ritter is not.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      A thought with the new arena is that RIT could consider hosting their own tournament. It would be big enough to host one where the Ritter is not.
      Do a double tournament with the women and men. Invite the same colleges to both.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        Do a double tournament with the women and men. Invite the same colleges to both.

Powers &8^]
        Is this all wishful thinking or has Coach Wilson and company spoke about such tournaments?
        R I T HOCKEY
        Frozen Four
        Elite Eight
        NCAA Tournament
        2010-2015-2016
        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Admittedly, it's all wishful thinking at this point. I do believe that the new arena will have the facilities to hold a tournament.

Comment

Looking at UConn's tournament, it will be interesting to see what Husky team the Tigers will face. On the one hand, they lost to Sacred Heart. On the other, they beat UMass. This will be a big series for both teams when you see that both teams are tied for 3rd in the conference.

Comment

Overall, the results of December don't bode well for the Tigers. A mediocre performance by RIT against Niagara, Air Force with two BIG wins snapping their losing streak, and Bently continuing their undefeated streak. The road to the NCAAs juts seems to be getting harder and harder.

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
              Looking at UConn's tournament, it will be interesting to see what Husky team the Tigers will face. On the one hand, they lost to Sacred Heart. On the other, they beat UMass. This will be a big series for both teams when you see that both teams are tied for 3rd in the conference.
              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                Overall, the results of December don't bode well for the Tigers. A mediocre performance by RIT against Niagara, Air Force with two BIG wins snapping their losing streak, and Bently continuing their undefeated streak. The road to the NCAAs juts seems to be getting harder and harder.
                4-0-1 is was asking a lot from this team and RIT got that. We should be happy RIT got those results. Let's see if they can surprise us again.
                R I T HOCKEY
                Frozen Four
                Elite Eight
                NCAA Tournament
                2010-2015-2016
                RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

I didn't have time to check if this is who I think it is but I noticed Matthew Serratore of Penticton (BCHL) is heading to Air Force next season. I think this is Tom Serratore (Bemidji State) kid???
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

The road to the NCAAs was always going to be tough. Anyone who thought otherwise was only fooling themselves. Most teams have played 9 or 10 games and the worst team has 6 points. Anyone can beat anyone. The winner of the conference tournament will earn it. There are going to be "upsets" in the regular season and the tournament. Sure Bentley and Air Force are hot now, but will they be hot come the end of February? I think it's safe to say nobody saw Canisius coming last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                      The road to the NCAAs was always going to be tough. Anyone who thought otherwise was only fooling themselves. Most teams have played 9 or 10 games and the worst team has 6 points. Anyone can beat anyone. The winner of the conference tournament will earn it. There are going to be "upsets" in the regular season and the tournament. Sure Bentley and Air Force are hot now, but will they be hot come the end of February? I think it's safe to say nobody saw Canisius coming last year.
                      Excellent post. A lot of parity in the AHA this season. Should be an entertaining second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                        I didn't have time to check if this is who I think it is but I noticed Matthew Serratore of Penticton (BCHL) is heading to Air Force next season. I think this is Tom Serratore (Bemidji State) kid???
                        Yes. Tom's son; Frank's nephew.

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                          You're so bloody pessimistic. Only you could take a 5-0-1 streak and say it doesn't bode well, while pointing out the single game they didn't win. ignoring the fact it was played in bad conditions and, by the third period, RIT was down 2 players.

RIT would have been hard pressed to end the year in any better shape than it did. That's the truth.
                          RIT

Comment

I'd much rather be pessimistic and pleasantly surprised than the opposite.

RIT is heading in the right direction. Stringing the wins together has put them back on course. I wouldn't over value the wins though; they were against weak opponents. RIT hasn't taken points away from the strong teams in this conference yet. While I hope we swoop into top 2 and remain there the rest of the season, I'm not convinced it's likely.

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                            You're so bloody pessimistic. Only you could take a 5-0-1 streak and say it doesn't bode well, while pointing out the single game they didn't win. ignoring the fact it was played in bad conditions and, by the third period, RIT was down 2 players.

RIT would have been hard pressed to end the year in any better shape than it did. That's the truth.
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

A sweep this weekend (by no means easy, or even expected) and things will be looking very bright for the Tigers, but there are still a lot of games to be played.
                              -M

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                                Frank's son plays for Minnesota. There are three AHA head coaches who have kids playing D-I: Serratore, Army coach Brian Riley (son plays for Mercyhurst - out with a hand injury) and Wilson's son at Yale.

Comment

Working...
                                X