X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2013-2014 - Rocking The Ritter One Last Time <<<<<

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
    I only got to watch the first period before going to a company holiday party. Unfortunately, I really did not enjoy the pace of what I watched. Not sure if it got better later in the game, but it was painful to watch the non-existence of breakouts due to weather.
    Game got significantly better after the first, and by the third period it was literally just a normal hockey game outside. The snow stopped and as a result the ice was clear.
    RIT

Comment

I expect Thompson to get a minimum of 3 games for that his considering it was his second offense. As for Skirving, that they have a couple weeks before their next game can only help him heal up.

I like that Rotolo has been able go hold it together when he has let in the first goal. That is impressive considering he is just a freshman. If he can continue to improve, I can't wait to see what he will be like in his junior and senior seasons.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
        Well, we won. If we can go 5-0 these couple weeks. I may admit I might be wrong about coach Wilson. But I am still a firm believer as a coach you must perform.
        Is 4-0-1 good enough?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Normally I would have thought we could use Niagara as a litmus test to see how much the Tigers really improved. Have the Tigers really turned it around, or was it that they played weaker teams that they are more skilled than. But with the weather making play tough for both sides, I don't think we got that. By the time the best ice of the game was available, RIT was down 2 players.

UConn and Bentley on the road will provide good tests on where the Tigers are now. The Tigers are tied with the Huskies, and behind the Falcons. They need to minimally get 4 points to keep a good spot in the standings, but getting more will make it that much easier to get the all important first round bye.
          Last edited by komey1; 12-15-2013, 08:55 PM.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

I wish this game would have been a better indicator as well. Unfortunately, the outdoor game was an anaomoly in itself.

Bently is going to be one heck of a weekend. They are real hot now and I'm probably more afraid of them than any of the Western teams.

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
            Normally I would have thought we could use Niagara as a litmus test to see how much the Tigers really improved. Have the Tigers really turned it around, or was it that they played weaker teams that they are more skilled than. But with the weather making play tough for both sides, I don't think we got that. By the time the best ice of the game was available, RIT was down 2 players.

UConn and Bentley on the road will provide good tests on where the Tigers are now. The Tigers are tied with the Huskies, and behind the Falcons. They need to minimally get 4 points to keep a good spot in the standings, but getting more will make it that much easier to get the all important first round bye.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Add a recruit:

Mark Golberg - http://cumberland.stats.pointstreak....ayerid=4700435 - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=117913 - https://twitter.com/Grads_Hockey/sta...94914538369024 -- looks like 15-16 season

Comment

Bently and Mercyhurst receiving votes in the poll.... how times have changed.
                RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post

I remember thinking in the third period how this game has gone from feeling like an interesting exhibition to a game that meant two big points in the standings. The only thing I really did not like was that the opponent was in conference, but given the date may not have had a chance.

We will defiantly get a better idea on this team chances for a league title early in the second half. I think the Tigers need to at least split with UCONN and Bentley and then sweep Army. That stretch of home games they need the fest on some victories. The defensive end has been much better, if they can keep it up they have a shot and should at least host a quarterfinal series. But the standings prove, it's not going to be easy...
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                    The only thing I really did not like was that the opponent was in conference, but given the date may not have had a chance.
                    Agreed. There were more non-conference games (9) than conference games (7) on Sat. night with lots of teams sitting home. Niagara can come to the Ritter almost any night of the week, so there really is no excuse for this not being a non-conference game. It could have even been a non-conference game against Niagara with the conference game played on Fri. night inside.

Oh well, at least it wasn't a loss.
                    -M

Comment

The logic was probably that Niagara or Canisius could have added to attendance. I agree with your idea though, should have been a NC game regardless of who it actually was.

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                      Agreed. There were more non-conference games (9) than conference games (7) on Sat. night with lots of teams sitting home. Niagara can come to the Ritter almost any night of the week, so there really is no excuse for this not being a non-conference game. It could have even been a non-conference game against Niagara with the conference game played on Fri. night inside.

RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        Is 4-0-1 good enough?

Powers &8^]
                        I'm not sold on this team yet. This could go one of two ways. The last four wins were against extremely easy teams and the rest of the season will be a disaster, or Rotolo is for real and this team can win the AHA.

Look at the schedule, the next four away games will be a dog fight and after that the only two other teams that should be 4 W's is against Army and Robert Morris. The rest will be head to head stale mate.

But 5-0-1 in the last 6 games is a good way to start the latter half of the season.

TIGERS
                        R I T HOCKEY
                        Frozen Four
                        Elite Eight
                        NCAA Tournament
                        2010-2015-2016
                        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by RITProf View Post

No harm, no foul at this point.
                          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

I assume that the lack of any comment from the AHA by now means Thompson won't be receiving any formal discipline? Wonder if Wilson will keep him in the lineup for the first series of 2014.
                            RIT

Comment

Two things I noticed on watching the TV feed.

The conditions affected the first Niagara goal. The rush that lead to the goal would have never happen if the snow had stop a puck Descoteaux would have otherwise sent back into the Niagara goals.

I think Niagara is going to fuming when they watch the tape this week. Foote correctly waived off the first Niagara goal for a man being in the crease. Viscounte failed to notice Colavecchia standing directly behind Teichroeb after the goal. Unless there an exception to the rule I am not aware of, that goal should have been washed...
                              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                              The Mule
                              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

As far as I know, attacking players are allowed in the crease on a goal so long as they don't interfere with the goaltender. Colavecchia was behind the goalie but the goalie never moved back on the shot and thus was not impeded by Colavecchia's presence.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X