X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2013-2014 - Rocking The Ritter One Last Time <<<<<

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Strongly agree with Komey on this...in fact although it is a big stretch, this game against Air Force is practically an early season must win if RIT wants to establish itself as a serious threat in the AHA this year. With two later in the season at Colorado, RIT needs to win at the Ritter in order to have a good chance of taking 2 of 3 from Air Force and setting the tone early that they will be a force to be reckoned with in their last year at the Ritter. If I remember correctly Coach Wilson basically said the same thing during the Penn State post game.
    I think must win is a stretch. It going to be a tough game on the road. A tie would be good, a win would be super. Any other team in the AHA would take the same approach. I look for RIT to play well and keep improving, but would not be heart broken if they dropped a close game...
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

It's a home game?

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
      I think must win is a stretch. It going to be a tough game on the road. A tie would be good, a win would be super. Any other team in the AHA would take the same approach. I look for RIT to play well and keep improving, but would not be heart broken if they dropped a close game...
      RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
        It's a home game?
        Last I checked it was
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four participant
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Tigers picked up another D recruit, this time Matthew Abt from the AJHL Whitecourt Wolverines. The 6'3" 180lb 20yr old (7/25/93) has been in the AJHL for 4 seasons and is wearing an A for Whitecourt this year. He hasn't scored a lot of points (4g36a-40pts over 157 games) until this year (0g-15a-15pts over 14 games). While scoring may not have been his strong point, he has been prolific on the panalty minutes side with 404 PIM over his 157 game career. Heck he's got 57 PIM in his 14 games this year. Maybe he's the "convict/enforcer" they've been missing since McReynolds graduated.

This bring the Tigers to 5 recruits (2F-3D) for next year.
          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
          NCAA DII - 1983
          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Sounds good. Keep the recruits coming. A little competition and a little variety are never a bad thing on a hockey team.

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
            Tigers picked up another D recruit, this time Matthew Abt from the AJHL Whitecourt Wolverines. The 6'3" 180lb 20yr old (7/25/93) has been in the AJHL for 4 seasons and is wearing an A for Whitecourt this year. He hasn't scored a lot of points (4g36a-40pts over 157 games) until this year (0g-15a-15pts over 14 games). While scoring may not have been his strong point, he has been prolific on the panalty minutes side with 404 PIM over his 157 game career. Heck he's got 57 PIM in his 14 games this year. Maybe he's the "convict/enforcer" they've been missing since McReynolds graduated.

This bring the Tigers to 5 recruits (2F-3D) for next year.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

It's a home game?
              Yeah, apparently I can't read a calendar at my age any more. Guess I better figure out if I am heading to Rochester on Friday...
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

I'm just excited for the Tigers to finally jump into conference play. It's always very tough to judge the team by their out of conference record, especially so early in the year. We pulled out ties against "better than the average AHA team" teams so far, though, and we always seem to bring at least our B+ game against Air Force.
                RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                  I'm just excited for the Tigers to finally jump into conference play. It's always very tough to judge the team by their out of conference record, especially so early in the year. We pulled out ties against "better than the average AHA team" teams so far, though, and we always seem to bring at least our B+ game against Air Force.
                  I think we are going to need our "2nd period at the BCA against Michigan " game...

Looking forward to an entertaining game.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                    I think we are going to need our "2nd period at the BCA against Michigan " game...

Looking forward to an entertaining game.
                    We'll see. I still agree with their own coaches opinion that Air Force was ranked high because of reputation...I'm not sure I see a great team in them this year. Yes they man handled Niagara but I'm not going to take too much from a single game, and also Niagara is not the team they were last year either after losing a goalie to the pros and one of their best forwards to poor life choices.
                    RIT

Comment

Sigh. Yet again Air Force makes our offense look like a joke. I don't understand how a service academy, year after year, seems to draw better recruits than us. They play such a clean and near flawless system. What is it that they have that we don't?
                      RIT Tigers

Comment

Sigh. Yet again Air Force makes our offense look like a joke. I don't understand how a service academy, year after year, seems to draw better recruits than us. They play such a clean and near flawless system. What is it that they have that we don't?
                        Frank Serratore

Comment

I wouldn't say that they draw better recruits...but I think it's a combination of a few other things. 1) Coaching...Frank is an amazing leader and knows how to put a team together and keep them together throughout the season 2) Discipline...Frank doesn't mess around. He's kicked a few players off of the roster for what most consider minor things. If you notice, there's a strong player missing from the roster this year...any other college, he's playing, not Air Force 3) Good goalies...the past 7+ years From Volkening to Torf, very strong 4) Conditioning & speed...the team is smaller than most, but they are in extremely good shape and fairly quick

Just my thoughts...

Comment

Serratore's comments to us after we got off the air was that his team was outplayed, especially 5-on-5, and that Torf won them the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                              Serratore's comments to us after we got off the air was that his team was outplayed, especially 5-on-5, and that Torf won them the game.
                              This is basically in line with what I saw tonight. Once again we out shot our opponents by a large margin but could not score. Even with the nearly 40 shots we had, it felt like we were doing way too much passing and not enough shooting, probably the easiest 35+ save shutout Torf will ever get....but at the same time Torf has a history of dominating us. Anyone that listened to the radio guys knows this...he's 7-2 against RIT with a save percentage of like .971 and a GAA under 2.

I don't think RIT was outplayed in any way other than in net. Our defense kept them to a very small number of good chances and a low shot total, and the offense had the puck a lot and were always fighting for it. Energy was good, effort was good...just throw the puck at the **** net!

Nobody likes to lose at home, let alone be shut out, but I think there's a lot of positives to take from this.
                              RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                                Yes, I think that RIT did outplay AF for much of the game. Our energy level was consistently high throughout the game and much of the play was kept in the AF end. A lot of our shots, though, were easy saves for Torf. Most of the time we really didn't test him.
                                RIT TIGERS
                                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                                Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                                Frozen Four 2010
                                The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

Working...
                                X