X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2013-2014 - Rocking The Ritter One Last Time <<<<<

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    At some point you have to go to either sudden death or a shootout, especially for college kids who might have class the next morning.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear. I meant just one OT period of some set time (be it 5, 10, or 20 mins.) and that's it. If nothing's settled, it's a tie and everyone can get to bed for classes the next morning.

By 4th period, I meant the first OT period.

I just don't see why it's worth a W to score a goal in the second minute if you can't hold the other team off from scoring in the next three minute (assuming a 5-min. period). Running the full 5-min. OT instead of sudden death would probably change very few results. Those that currently end tied still would. And then in most cases, the first goal would hold on to win the period and the game. Just a few times it would come back to being a tie or a team would actually come back to win from a deficit (all within 5 minutes). Those outcomes would be rare, but pretty exciting to see. Perhaps even better than a sudden death?????
    -M

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
      At some point you have to go to either sudden death or a shootout, especially for college kids who might have class the next morning.

Powers &8^]
      Class on Saturday or Sunday morning?
      RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
        Class on Saturday or Sunday morning?
        What about the Thursday night Colgate game? Or the occasional Sunday or Tuesday games?
        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
        Men's Frozen Four 2010
        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Let's not get ahead of ourselves guys. College is not about going to class...

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
          What about the Thursday night Colgate game? Or the occasional Sunday or Tuesday games?
          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
            If you think the hockey players haven't had their fair share of late night "extracurricular" activities during the week, then I envy your blissful ignorance. I'm fairly certain that playing until 10:30 or 11 would not be the difference between success and failure in their academic careers. It's not like the games are finishing at midnight...we're usually out of Ritter around 9:30. It'd be one hell of a marathon game to see them finishing up anywhere close to their average bedtimes.
            RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
              I had to make sure because I am in the lead in the Pick'em.
              You mean tied for the lead in Pick'em
              RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

If you think the hockey players haven't had their fair share of late night "extracurricular" activities during the week, then I envy your blissful ignorance. I'm fairly certain that playing until 10:30 or 11 would not be the difference between success and failure in their academic careers. It's not like the games are finishing at midnight...we're usually out of Ritter around 9:30. It'd be one hell of a marathon game to see them finishing up anywhere close to their average bedtimes.
                I absolutely don't think that - I was just stating a fact
                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                  Strongly agree with Komey on this...in fact although it is a big stretch, this game against Air Force is practically an early season must win if RIT wants to establish itself as a serious threat in the AHA this year.
                  RIT really needs to get at least a point out of Friday's game, preferably 2. Hard to call it a MUST win this early in the season, but no doubt it's a big game.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

A win Friday night against AF would be great but not a necessity. What I'm looking for is how well we utilize our skill and potential against what appears to be a strong in-conference team early in the season.
                    Oh, and some Tigers trivia... here's a link to the RIT Reporter from March 13, 1964 with an article about the March 4, 1964 game against Syracuse. We won the game 10-7, completing a 17-0-1 season, the only undefeated season we have ever had. Norm MacEachern had a DOUBLE hat trick for RIT! It was announced that the hockey club was changed to a varsity sport at RIT. The winning streak would end with an 8-4 loss to the University of Pennsylvania in game two of the following season. One player was hospitalized and four players needed stitches after that game. There were 26 penalties called.
                    https://ritdml.rit.edu/bitstream/han...pdf?sequence=1
                    Last edited by RITFan67; 10-30-2013, 09:28 AM.
                    RIT TIGERS
                    Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                    Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                    Frozen Four 2010
                    The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

It really isn't though. Outside of Niagara, I think Air Force is our biggest rival. They are off to a great start besides a few hiccups. The Tigers on the other hand still have a lot of work cut out for them in the D zone. If we get 1-2 points this weekend, we'll set the tone for the rest of the season. If not, I think it's going to be one of those years where we'll be scratching our heads a lot.

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                      RIT really needs to get at least a point out of Friday's game, preferably 2. Hard to call it a MUST win this early in the season, but no doubt it's a big game.
                      RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                        It really isn't though. Outside of Niagara, I think Air Force is our biggest rival. They are off to a great start besides a few hiccups. The Tigers on the other hand still have a lot of work cut out for them in the D zone. If we get 1-2 points this weekend, we'll set the tone for the rest of the season. If not, I think it's going to be one of those years where we'll be scratching our heads a lot.
                        So you're saying if we lose the very first conference game of the year, we're automatically going to have a terrible year?

2010 would like a word with you.
                        RIT

Comment

So you're saying if we lose the very first conference game of the year, we're automatically going to have a terrible year?

Exactly!
                          RIT TIGERS
                          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                          Frozen Four 2010
                          The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

, I would like to see RIT win this game. We all would like to see them win. They have the talent, chemistry and intestinal fortitude to do it.

No disrespect to the 09-10 team, they deserve all the accolades we give them, but this year is a different team and different league from back then (the addition of Robert Morris and Niagara), we're also not playing some of the eastern POD teams 4 times.

We all agree that this league has gotten better therefore don't think there will be any easy games this year. Winning against Air Force will set the tone early on this season. RIT lost a bunch of games in the Ritter last year to AHA foes, teams that would like to repeat those results this year, that's it's no big deal to come into the Ritter and beat the Tigers.

I just feel it's time to reverse that trend NOW, at the beginning of the season. I would like to see RIT defend their home ice rather than get beat by Air Force and for us to come here over the weekend and post about remembering the 2010 team or a 2010 season that is no longer.

Of course if RIT loses that does not mean they are going to have a terrible year, but it also doesn't mean they are going to have another 2010 season, especially with a much improved league.
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                              We all agree that this league has gotten better therefore don't think there will be any easy games this year. Winning against Air Force will set the tone early on this season. RIT lost a bunch of games in the Ritter last year to AHA foes, teams that would like to repeat those results this year, that's it's no big deal to come into the Ritter and beat the Tigers.
                              Prior to last year, RIT only lost a couple games to AHA teams at home over their time in the conference. Last year, they at least doubled the amount of times they lost. That is something that cannot happen if RIT is going to be an elite team in the AHA. Getting at least a point should be top priority. Air Force is good, so it's not like they have an easy start to the conference home season. But if they can get the win, I think it does help send the message the the Ritter will be a tough place to win for AHA teams.
                              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                              2010 Frozen Four participant
                              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

If we lose 3-2, then no. It means the game was probably close and there isn't a large performance gap between top AHA teams and RIT. If we lose 3-0, then yeah, I would be worried.

RIT Tigers

Comment

Working...
                                X