Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-14 Quinnipiac Bobcats: New season, new scoreboards, new chance at redemption

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-14 Quinnipiac Bobcats: New season, new scoreboards, new chance at redemption

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    JST started strong but seems to have cooled off just a bit. He needs to get back on the horse. If he and Peca start scoring, watch out!
    Coach Pecknold would then have 2 first lines...1A & 1B. That would strike fear in any team's hearts! :-)

Going to miss the last period of the game tonight. Have to go watch the Bobcats next set of Twins...Jonah and Nathan Renouf.

K
    BC Junior League on Canada's "left" coast

Comment

• Re: 2013-14 Quinnipiac Bobcats: New season, new scoreboards, new chance at redemption

Originally posted by CanadaKen View Post
      Coach Pecknold would then have 2 first lines...1A & 1B. That would strike fear in any team's hearts! :-)

Going to miss the last period of the game tonight. Have to go watch the Bobcats next set of Twins...Jonah and Nathan Renouf.

K
      Awesome. Let us know how they look. How many times have you seen they play.

Also tonight's game time pushed back to 7:30 pm.
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

While I will not be at the game tonight, I have been able to secure myself a ticket for tomorrow, so that helps put to bed the Yale tickets discussion from earlier.

On a related note: boy do I dislike playing Brown. As Mark said, they are always a scrappy group that gives the Bobcats fits. Hopefully it is not a matter of this team always looking past Bruno to their travel partner, though I don't think thats the case... but you never know.

I am quite excited for tomorrow night, so here's to hoping they can get past the poop tonight. Take an early lead, establish the home ice advantage, and stay out the box. That should be enough considering the talent this Bobcats team has.

I want as much attention, excitement, and optimism possible for the Yale game.

Go Bobcats #BeatYale

Comment

Very good win tonight against a very gritty Brown team. We dominated the first two periods but Marco De Filippo was fantastic for Brown today and really kept the Bears in the game. There were so many good opportunities in the first and second period that you just have to tip your cap to De Filippo. In the 3rd Brown played very good but Garteig was great this period with some huge saves late. Back to back shut outs for Garteig who looked very strong tonight. On to Yale tomorrow. Should be a good one and I'll be driving the 2 hours to Hamden for the game. Can't wait.

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

Comment

BEAT YALE

Team continues to look really, really good. It's ridiculous that the freshmen are basically leading the way offensively. If these kids remain this good, it's going to be a fun four years with them.

BEAT YALE

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
              Also tonight's game time pushed back to 7:30 pm.
              The Brown bus apparently broke down and they were almost an hour late getting to the rink.

DeFilippo was the difference tonight. It easily could have been 5 or 6 to nothing. Gartieg was spectacular, especially late in the 3rd. Didn't see a lot of shots, but stopped some really good ones when it mattered most.

For the first time in a long time that I can remember, a Brown team came to the Bank and didn't get chippy. It's become almost a guarantee, but they held their composure. That was probably due to the fact that they were still in the game late into the 3rd.

Too many penalties again tonight but the PK is just awesome right now. Rand changed up the PP a little and it really wasn't working well. Defense was stifling. Brown had very few clean looks at Gartieg, and even more trouble gaining the zone.

All said, it was a good game and a solid win.

And now... it's time...

BEAT YALE!
              Last edited by MarkEagleUSA; 11-09-2013, 09:31 AM.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Saturday game day at the Bank!

BEAT YALE!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

While this game can't avenge the loss last April, it can have a huge impact on league and national standings come March. It's also without a doubt our biggest game of the year on several levels. Those Eli's may not acknowledge it as a rivalry, but it is, and even more so after that fateful day in Pittsburgh. Plus, it's a battle of two top-10's, both running at full stride. The Bank will be packed, the students will be loud... it ought to be a good one!

BEAT YALE!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

BEAT YALE

Go Bobcats!

Comment

Awesome. Let us know how they look. How many times have you seen they play.
                      How did they play....Jonah 1 goal 3 assists....Nathan 2 goals 2 assists. Nathan has only been back 4 games but brother Jonah has played
                      all 22 games. They aren't big at 5' 8" 155lbs but they don't back down at all. Quite willing to take a hit to make a play. They are QUICK!
                      Not just skating but hand/eye and their on ice decisions. You've all seen that "thing" good players have. They skate to open ice and the
                      puck finds them. I saw that all night long.

I've only got to 1 Eagles game this year as life has gotten in the way. :-) Nov 27th I will see the Renouf twins up against another set of
                      future Bobcats brothers Bo and Canon Pieper. Both play for Coquitlam Express. Not twins....1 year apart. Good size 5'10" 180lbs and
                      scoring machines. They are from Roseville, Minn.

K

Comment

Originally posted by CanadaKen View Post
                        How did they play....Jonah 1 goal 3 assists....Nathan 2 goals 2 assists. Nathan has only been back 4 games but brother Jonah has played
                        all 22 games. They aren't big at 5' 8" 155lbs but they don't back down at all. Quite willing to take a hit to make a play. They are QUICK!
                        Not just skating but hand/eye and their on ice decisions. You've all seen that "thing" good players have. They skate to open ice and the
                        puck finds them. I saw that all night long.

I've only got to 1 Eagles game this year as life has gotten in the way. :-) Nov 27th I will see the Renouf twins up against another set of
                        future Bobcats brothers Bo and Canon Pieper. Both play for Coquitlam Express. Not twins....1 year apart. Good size 5'10" 180lbs and
                        scoring machines. They are from Roseville, Minn.

K
                        Peter who? Sounds like we'll have a solid future.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                          Peter who? Sounds like we'll have a solid future.
                          The Renaufs have good talent but Quenneville has NHL caliber talent. His loss is bigger than people think.

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

Comment

WELL HERE WE GO! 45 minute or so till puck drop. I've had butterflies all day - Dad and I have FCSP all ready to go on the TV and we'll be cheering hard (well he might be listening to the Maine game - No complaints there) Gigantic win last night to finally get past Brown. One of our buddies was saying that when Garteig is done at QU, he'll go down as one of if not the best QU goalie. I didn't believe it, but he is starting to make me at least think it is possible. He has a long way to go to surpass what Hartzy did last year. Also I am a little uneasy of the fact that I have to break the whole I before E english rule when I spell his name - You know what they say I before E except after C or as in neighbor and weigh and Michael Garteig. At least that's how I plan to teach my kids the rule.

BEAT YALE! Hope Brendan Mason is watching this game from his throne in Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Larson210 View Post
                              our buddies was saying that when Garteig is done at QU, he'll go down as one of if not the best QU goalie
                              He still has to completely fill Hartzell's shoes but I have to admit he's come out runnin'!

He was a brick wall in the BC Junior league.

K

Comment

The Renaufs have good talent but Quenneville has NHL caliber talent. His loss is bigger than people think.
                                Well, if that's the case, he probably wouldn't have stayed 4 years. So its better he left now than after a year or two. We'll be fine without him.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X