Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-14 Quinnipiac Bobcats: New season, new scoreboards, new chance at redemption

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-14 Quinnipiac Bobcats: New season, new scoreboards, new chance at redemption

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
    For the task at hand, I like the team's acknowledgement of the fact the championship rematch is this weekend but no focus will be put on it until Saturday morning and I expect the Brown game to be closer than the Yale game.
    Last year's mantra: one period, one shift, one game!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Re: 2013-14 Quinnipiac Bobcats: New season, new scoreboards, new chance at redemption

Here is the link to the Rand interview with USCHO live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I63JAr_gIwE
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

The decision was 100% he didn't want to go to class. I think with his time out from being injured and that he couldnt play but still had to go to class he decided he never wanted to go to class again. I'd recommend everyone listening to USCHO Live as they had Rand on tonight. He dropped a couple tidbits of info about it, one being the Blue Jackets were against him leaving, which is very interesting. Rand also didn't shut the door on picking up a kid mid year. Heard about this kid, Landon Smith who plays for Salmon Arm in the BCHL. He decommitted from Denver after the coaching change and decided to stay put while he reopened his recruitment so I dont see why not put out some feelers to some guys that have shown interest in college hockey like Smith. He is currently leading the BCHL in points (30) through 20 games.

There's some question about whether or not a coach can use the scholarship of a departed player to bring in another for the next semester. For example, Northeastern lost Cam Darcy and Joe Manno early last season, yet they could not use those funds to accelerate or recruit someone for the post Christmas portion of the schedule. Perhaps? the coach can assign parts of the scholarship to existing players on partials - at least for the next semester. If he can do that, at least some good will come of Quenneville's leaving.

Comment

For the task at hand, I like the team's acknowledgement of the fact the championship rematch is this weekend but no focus will be put on it until Saturday morning and I expect the Brown game to be closer than the Yale game.
          Yep,Brown will beat Q by two less goals than Yale, good call.....
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Yep,Brown will beat Q by two less goals than Yale, good call.....
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
              There's some question about whether or not a coach can use the scholarship of a departed player to bring in another for the next semester. For example, Northeastern lost Cam Darcy and Joe Manno early last season, yet they could not use those funds to accelerate or recruit someone for the post Christmas portion of the schedule. Perhaps? the coach can assign parts of the scholarship to existing players on partials - at least for the next semester. If he can do that, at least some good will come of Quenneville's leaving.
              From what I understand we can use Quenneville's scholarship to bring in a guy midseason. Im not 100% on that but thats what I heard
              Quinnipiac University '15
              ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
              ECAC Championship: 2016
              NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
              NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
              Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...-rand-pecknold

We'll have a more in-depth preview later in week, but here's our first look at Yale-Quinnipiac on Saturday night.
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

From what I understand we can use Quenneville's scholarship to bring in a guy midseason. Im not 100% on that but thats what I heard
                  The reasoning behind the rule (Yes, the NCAA does have some reasons for some of their myriad rules!) is that an unscrupulous coach might "run off" his recruiting mistakes during the first semester and replace them with other players for the second semester. I suppose that the junior hockey coaches would be PO'ed, but I doubt that the NCAA bother to take that into consideration.

Comment

Looks as if Quenneville is leaving the team. Devon Toews just tweeted, "Hard saying goodbye to a great roommate and a great friend. Goodluck in Brandon @Triple_P_Pete" Brandon Wheat Kings are in the WHL. Dissapointing if true.
                    Yes, that is disappointing. Brandon's gain Bobcats loss.

K
                    BC Junior League on Canada's "left" coast

Comment

Great two Sam Anas articles in the New Haven Register and Hartford Currant. Worth checking out if anyone hasn't yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
                        Worth checking out if anyone hasn't yet.
                        Better yet, check him out in person. The kid is filthy (have I said that before?) and extremely fun to watch.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                          Better yet, check him out in person. The kid is filthy (have I said that before?) and extremely fun to watch.
                          Hah oh yeah I remember from the UML game.

Enjoy the games this weekend. I'll be watching... Saturday from the Boston alumni event for the Yale game.

I'll be at the Dartmouth game on the 16th. Probably will join you guys up top.

Comment

Get on the Sam Anas bandwagon before it fills up people!

Still pulling for JST to make a push for Hobey ... But I'll take Anas!

Comment

Game day at the Bank!

Brown appears to be feisty again this year. We need to come out strong... none of this "finding your skating legs" in the 1st. Have got to skate hard from the opening faceoff.

The home crowd should be an advantage and hopefully the students will be there, and be loud.

Go Q!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by Larson210 View Post
                                Still pulling for JST to make a push for Hobey
                                JST started strong but seems to have cooled off just a bit. He needs to get back on the horse. If he and Peca start scoring, watch out!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X