Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-14 Quinnipiac Bobcats: New season, new scoreboards, new chance at redemption

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-14 Quinnipiac Bobcats: New season, new scoreboards, new chance at redemption

[QUOTE=CollegeHockeyRinkReport;5803392]Two things:

The reason the school didn't release tickets to public was to prevent Yale fans from buying them up QUOTE]

Yale received it's allotment from Q and they lasted quite a few days, no stampede that I saw. With the popularity of both programs, tickets are going to be harder to come by. As a counterpoint, Yale added 300 season tickets to Ingalls seating, but it is still only 1500 seats, this leaves 1300 seats and 700 standing room, subtract maybe 500 for opposing allotment and students, and that leaves a total of 1500 tickets available for the general public, irregardless of the opponent. Seems like a fairer way of doing things.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

• Re: 2013-14 Quinnipiac Bobcats: New season, new scoreboards, new chance at redemption

I just wanted to tell you guys, I have seen Ferris(x2) and St Cloud(x2) and watched you dismantle Colgate Friday night. Q-Pac is the best team I have seen this year, you are in for another tremendous season. Farragher(sp?) won fourty four str8 games at Penticon in the BCHL ??

No MarkEagle at games last weekend ?
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        I just wanted to tell you guys, I have seen Ferris(x2) and St Cloud(x2) and watched you dismantle Colgate Friday night. Q-Pac is the best team I have seen this year, you are in for another tremendous season.
        We hope so!

Farragher(sp?) won fourty four str8 games at Penticon in the BCHL ??
        Farragher plays for St. Cloud I think. We have Gartieg who played for Penticton... and it was only 42 games straight.

No MarkEagle at games last weekend ?
        Unfortunately no. Saving my road trips for the post season!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I splurged and got tickets for Saturday's game on stubhub. While it was a bit costly I'll sell a Boston Bruins game or 2 on stubhub to make out more than even.
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
            Two things:

The reason the school didn't release tickets to public was to prevent Yale fans from buying them up. I'm sure through various QU alumni groups you could have bought them.

Secondly if you in fact go to every home game I would strongly recommend season tickets as they are usually discounted off the individual game price.
            I used to go to every home game, but since I graduated, that is no longer an option. I have to pick and choose which games I can go to. It doesn't make sense for me to invest in season tickets when I can only go to 4-5 games a year, max. The day tickets went on sale, I purchased road Lowell, home Lowell, home Maine, and home Cornell. I would have liked the opportunity to at least compete to get home Yale tickets, but that was not an option.

And if they did this to prevent Eli's from coming to the game, then that's a shame. Why close out more QU fans from the game in order to prevent some Yale fans from having a chance to buy seats?

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
              Perk of being a season-ticket holder. You have to keep your return customers happy so they'll keep coming back.

Don't like it? Buy season tickets.
              Get lawst.

There are still an awful lot of things about the athletic department and the Bank that make me wonder how the school puts out a top-ranked Division I hockey team. Smarten up, guys. We know you're reading. You know full well that many of those season ticket holders bought more tickets than is fair just so they could sell them and pay for their entire season's worth of tickets.

Thx God for BobBoards.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                We hope so!

Farragher plays for St. Cloud I think. We have Gartieg who played for Penticton... and it was only 42 games straight.

Unfortunately no. Saving my road trips for the post season!
                OOps...Wasn't awake yet And lol'ing about "only 42".
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...ey-st-lawrence

Connor Jones takes #1 Star

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...-brown-cornell

QU tops ECAC Power Rankings
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                    Two things:

The reason the school didn't release tickets to public was to prevent Yale fans from buying them up. I'm sure through various QU alumni groups you could have bought them.

Secondly if you in fact go to every home game I would strongly recommend season tickets as they are usually discounted off the individual game price.
                    I was a reporter for the area - so yes I did go to every game. Now I have graduated and I live in Maine so I don't go to every game. I heard nothing from anyone in the Alumni group that tickets were available. They were sold out before the season started. I did not know that Yale had tickets available for days. Wish I'd known. Thanks for the heads up LT for next year.

Comment

Hooray we're good again. This gonna make 2 straight years I have nothing to complain about... won't touch this Yale debate with a 10 foot pole.

Comment

Also, are we potentially watching the best top line in QU history? Thoughts on other lines that would be on a list?

Comment

More fuel for Saturday's fire... it will be a battle of top-10's with Quinnipiac taking #5 and Yale #9 in the latest USCHO Poll.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
                            Are you kidding me? What kind of response is this? Does it occur to you that season tickets are NOT an option for everyone?

I personally can not afford season tickets, but have been a devout follower of this team for the past four years. I traveled up to Orono for the first game last year, down to AC for the ECAC Championships, out east to Providence for the NCAA East Regionals, and out west to Pittsburgh for the Frozen Four (along with pretty much every home game and additional road games). But, according to your reasoning, since I can not afford season tickets, that means I should not have the opportunity to vie for EVEN standing room tickets for that game. Ok.

Not making ANY tickets available to the public is beyond reasoning. Even the Super Bowl, after ticket allotments to sponsors, the league, and the two participating teams, sets a small amount of tickets available to the public. Are you telling me QU-Yale is bigger than the Super Bowl? Or that, because I am not a season ticket holder, my opinion there is moot?

I agree with Larson. You don't see this anywhere else. Quinnipiac has done many great things to improve both their presence as a hockey program (recruiting, facilities, scoreboards, etc.) and relationship with their fans (organized tickets for last year's NCAA tourney run), but they still have many-a-things to learn.
                            I'm not saying you should buy season tickets. I'm saying the school is taking care of its season ticket holders, and there's nothing wrong with that.

This isn't a 10,000 seat arena we're talking about. There's 3,200 seats and maybe another 1,000 SRO spots. They don't have an unlimited amount of tickets. I'll grant you this: STH buying more tickets so they can sell them is a bad job, and that shouldn't be happening. But the school is in the right for catering to its most loyal fans.

When the Yankees were in the World Series, try buying tickets through the public on-sale for the games. The exact same thing happened, and they have 50,000 seats. Not only were there no tickets available for the public, fans with partial plans weren't even guaranteed tickets.

This is the price of admission for having one of the best teams in the nation.

Comment

Not for nothing, there are generally not a lot of tickets available to the public for QU games.

There are usually 1,000 tickets set aside for students, but I read an article that said they set aside an extra 200 student tickets for this game.

When I was a student there (the first years of the Bank), I think I remember them having 1,500 season ticket holder tickets.

You have to figure that number is much higher this season, perhaps as high as 2,000? Would that be surprising?

Guess what: If they have 2,000 STH's, and 1,200 student tickets, the only tickets available for the Yale game were SRO tickets. And that's before giving STH's a presale.

Again, for a team as good as this, it's a small building. There aren't enough tickets to go around.

Comment

Quinnipiac jumps two spots in the rankings to #5 this week. St Cloud made the biggest jump from 9 to 3. If Quinnipiac can get a 4 point weekend I'd expect them to jump even higher especially with #3 St Cloud playing home against #7 Miami and #1 Minnesota playing @ #4 Notre Dame. #2 Michigan goes on the road against a tricky team in Omaha who just swept Denver.

Also we moved to #3 in the RPI rankings.
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/