X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2013/2014 Season ... The Target is firmly on

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Congrats to Sacred Heart. They beat Lowell to every puck and their PK was outstanding.

With the exception of Hellebyuck that was an embarrassing performance from Lowell.

Oh, and I already hate the new radio set up. WCAP never returned to the broadcast after the interview with Bazin. Getting local football scores and some 10pm program that no one listens to were apparently much more important than the game recap. Put Bob back on 91.5 and cut this crap out.
    I want to know who to contact about this. Does anyone know who to email? I hated not being able to hear Bob losing his mind during the game. the Wi-Fi at the rink was cutting in and out so even tho I bit the bullet I couldn't get him, my phone was having fits.

WCAP is horrible for reception. We live in Dracut and can't get it half the time= cuts in and out, sometimes we can't even tune in. My DSL stinks so streaming isn't an option when I am home.

Have I heard the last of Bob, the voice of UML? Will the only time I hear him be the highlight reel at the rink?

Comment

The one real quip about tonight. One team in the building played Lowell hockey and it wasn't us.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

When we last saw this team play a meaningful game, they put up their worst effort that we've seen since Norm took over the reins. They decided that the best way to make us forget about that was to put up an even worse effort, this time in front of the home fans.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          The one real quip about tonight. One team in the building played Lowell hockey and it wasn't us.
          It appears that the Lowell players showed what serious students and readers they are. They clearly had studied the pre-season polls and their press clippings very carefully!

Comment

I believe the flagship for UML hockey games now is actually 900AM and it is just streamed over 3 or 4 other stations. At least I hope that's what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              The goalie from Sacred Heart was a transfer from Vermont!

http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article...in-3617920.php
              Your welcome.
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                I don't think many Lowell fans are hung up on this #1 in the country stuff. Sure the attention for the school / program is great but we all know they'll have to earn it on the ice. It's a new season and I'm sure there will be some ups and downs along the way.

Yes, disappointing but not the end of the world. McGill played well and it was a hard fought game.

I'm sure there will be much more to discuss after tonight's game.
                Genius!! Glad you fans weren't hung up on that #1 ranking because its gone already...
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                  Genius!! Glad you fans weren't hung up on that #1 ranking because its gone already...
                  Being #1 before anyone hit the ice is irrelevant. I am probably weird but I never looked at any of those polls and didn't read a single article written about that. When they put the equipment away for the last time that means they are done, otherwise if you still have another game to play anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    . I am probably weird but I never looked at any of those polls and didn't read a single article written about that.
                    you sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post

Would also love to see the Ice is Life blog's take on all of this, if only they were still around.
                      Just list this nightmare under " NEVER HAPPENED" !

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        you sure about that?
                        Yep. I was too busy with other stuff. I knew what the ranking was because people posted it but I never read the articles or saw the actual polls.

Have been watching for 30+ yrs and seen way too many sure things that never happened and enough things happen that shouldn't. When they hang them up that means Mr les isn't going to the rink daily until the next yr. Until then he is working (a lot)

Comment

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                          Your welcome.
                          Forgot about Vezzano transferring there. What the heck happened because he sucked at UVM?!?!?

Comment

Just woke up a little while ago.. So I guess last night really did happen.. ****it!
                            UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Lowell got what they deserved last night after the championship banners were hoisted; living in the past is not indicative of what happens in the future. Last night, I saw a team that was resting on its laurels, a complete lack of on-ice leadership, and what was the most disheartening, a team that didn't seem to want to fight or want it more than Sacred Heart. It was probably a good thing that we did play them because last night's effort against most teams in Hockey East would have yielded a result of 5-1 or 6-1. I could think of at least two players that should be sitting on the bench tonight after last night's performance.

To answer the "Bob Lobel question" for the Vermont fans about Vazzano, a large piece of the credit goes to the Sacred Heart defense. They constantly made it difficult to get to rebounds/loose pucks in front of the net and arguably bailed him out of a lot of potential situations. If there was any semblance of organization by the Lowell offense aside from their one goal, it would have been a game that most people would have expected. Instead, Lowell made Vazzano look like a Hobey Baker finalist. To give credit to where it's due, he came up big on Gambredella breakaway in the second period, including a lookie-what-I-found save on the second Gambredella shot, (there were plenty of those).

Riley and Chad are gone; tonight we determine if there are some of the boys that will rise up to that level of leadership to prevent a snowball from turning into an avalanche.
                              - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                                Riley and Chad are gone; tonight we determine if there are some of the boys that will rise up to that level of leadership to prevent a snowball from turning into an avalanche.
                                Good post John. Agree, the team really needs to step it up big time tonight. I wonder what lineup changes we'll see? Is there something wrong with Zack Kamrass? Haven't seen him yet this season. After tonight there's a real tough stretch of 6 games (QU,@QU,@MSU,@ UM,UNH,@UNH).

Comment

Working...
                                X