This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    I've not followed college hockey for very long. Some weeks ago I saw a comment in another thread that said its rare for goaltenders to leave school early to turn pro. Is that true?
    Not necessarily.... Goalies, IMO, don't tend to get pulled early due to the uncertainty in their progression. Also, as its a singular position I think teams tend to keep plans on who to bring in when. You don't want a guy like this sitting on an ECHL roster.

I reserve the right to be wrong. All kinds of things tend to get said around players like these.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Re: UML 2013/2014 Season ... The Target is firmly on

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Happy Birthday Patman!!
      Have a great day Patman.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Pat!

In regards to the goalie question... I'd love to see an analysis of the kids that were drafted before starting college and see how many stick for four years.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Anyone concerned about the weather forecast for Saturday? What are the contingency plans if rain and 50+m degree weather arrive? I don't see how they could maintain the ice in that

Comment

Originally posted by HawksSk860 View Post
            Anyone concerned about the weather forecast for Saturday? What are the contingency plans if rain and 50+m degree weather arrive? I don't see how they could maintain the ice in that
            I believe the contingency plan is Sunday.
            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

We could have three players hit milestones by the end of this season:

Senior Joe Pendenza is 5 points from hitting the 100 point mark, Senior Derek Arnold is 10 points away and Junior Scott Wilson is 11 points away.
              Monty

Comment

Current pairwise has a whopping 6 HE teams in the top 16. And #17 and #18 are also from HE.
                Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Current pairwise has a whopping 6 HE teams in the top 16. And #17 and #18 are also from HE.
                  Needless to say, that'll start to come down as we start beating on each other... Unless the schedule strength is that big of a deal
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by HawksSk860 View Post
                    The forecast doesn't look quite as bad now. It won't be ideal, but Saturday looks to be in the upper 40s with drizzle and a few showers. The steady and heavier rain likely holds off until evening. They'd better hope the BU/Maine game doesn't slow down.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Northeastern on Saturday and then Maine & BU next Friday & Saturday at the Tsongas. To say the next week is important would be a major understatement.

Northeastern is playing really well and already took the 1st meeting. The game on Saturday at Fenway will be a major challenge.

Maine hasn't won on the road and BU looks like they are in a major downward spiral so Lowell should take the points next weekend.
                      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                        The forecast doesn't look quite as bad now. It won't be ideal, but Saturday looks to be in the upper 40s with drizzle and a few showers. The steady and heavier rain likely holds off until evening. They'd better hope the BU/Maine game doesn't slow down.
                        A very reliable source has told me that they will likely make a decision on the games by midday today. Right now, there are 3 possibilities:

1. Bump the games up to an even earlier start time.
                        2. Move them to Sunday, when conditions should be much better.
                        3. Keep the times as-is and hope they can get everything in.

I was told that #3 is extremely unlikely at this point.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

A very reliable source has told me that they will likely make a decision on the games by midday today. Right now, there are 3 possibilities:

1. Bump the games up to an even earlier start time.
                          2. Move them to Sunday, when conditions should be much better.
                          3. Keep the times as-is and hope they can get everything in.

I was told that #3 is extremely unlikely at this point.
                          I was scratching my head at the first change. What did 45 minutes earlier get them? They said it was to allow people to watch the Pats but fans who stay until the end of BU-ME won't make the footbal game unless they watch it in Kenmore Sq.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                            I was scratching my head at the first change. What did 45 minutes earlier get them? They said it was to allow people to watch the Pats but fans who stay until the end of BU-ME won't make the footbal game unless they watch it in Kenmore Sq.
                            I was told that the game times are being bumped to Noon and 3pm now. It's not official yet though. Don't know what that would mean for the pregame stuff at the Cask n Flagon.

Of course, the better idea would be to move the games to Sunday, since the rain will likely be into Boston before dinnertime, possibly as early as 1 or 2pm now.

Comment

I was told that the game times are being bumped to Noon and 3pm now. It's not official yet though. Don't know what that would mean for the pregame stuff at the Cask n Flagon.

Of course, the better idea would be to move the games to Sunday, since the rain will likely be into Boston before dinnertime, possibly as early as 1 or 2pm now.
                              Jeez. Are they going to refund people that can't make it now?
                              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Jeez. Are they going to refund people that can't make it now?
                                Ha Ha. Monty made a funny. John Henry and Fenway refund money.

Comment

Working...
                                X