X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2013/2014 Season ... The Target is firmly on

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    I thought the same thing.

Congratulations to the UML Men's Basketball team on their first America East victory today. They defeated UMBC 59-54 after being down 15-0 to start the game.
    15-0... oof...

Obviously, wish I had gone. UMBC is not easy to get to by public transit and I didn't want to convince anybody to go... supposedly bad neighborhood.

This is also their first Division 1 win.

edit: oh, it is was in Lowell. I was thinking it was in Cantonsville.
    Last edited by Patman; 01-05-2014, 03:17 PM.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Here's the huge hit ND's Stephen Johns put on BC's Quinn Smith last night that resulted in a charging call. Johns was the one that put a big hit on Joe Pendenza back in November when ND was in town.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_as...mith_large.gif
      BOOM goes the weasel.

I agree with les. It sucks, but i can't tell anything else without something more frame by frame like to determine point of contact. As they've said, 2 minutes for hitting too hard.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        15-0... oof...

Obviously, wish I had gone. UMBC is not easy to get to by public transit and I didn't want to convince anybody to go... supposedly bad neighborhood.

This is also their first Division 1 win.

edit: oh, it is was in Lowell. I was thinking it was in Cantonsville.
        FYI - The Men's Baskeball team is at UMBC on Sat. Feb 8, 2014 @ 2:00 pm

Comment

The win last night reminded me of many a game when Lowell would struggle to learn how to win. They used to be able to dominate an opponent but never seem to win a game. They would control a game and get many more shots on goal but the other team would capitalize on a few opportunities and win the game. Last night it was nice to be on the other end of that scenario for a change. Good teams will find a way to win!
          What did you say?
          Who own the Chiefs?
          What did he say?
          Owns! Owns!

Comment

FYI - The Men's Baskeball team is at UMBC on Sat. Feb 8, 2014 @ 2:00 pm
            yeah, sadly still no, its just not convenient. I've been trying to move to something cheaper. If I have a car by then I'll go, but I doubt I'll have a car by then.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Rumors floating around that the Frozen Fenway games will be moved up one hour each, so ours would start at 2. Probably due to the Pats playoff game starting at 8:15 that evening.

Edit to add: Spoke with someone at Fenway, and he says he hasn't heard about this.
              Last edited by UMLFan; 01-06-2014, 09:36 AM.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                Rumors floating around that the Frozen Fenway games will be moved up one hour each, so ours would start at 2. Probably due to the Pats playoff game starting at 8:15 that evening.

Edit to add: Spoke with someone at Fenway, and he says he hasn't heard about this.
                Bob Ellis mentioned this was a possibility on air during Saturday's post game show. It think people are assuming the schedule will change because the same scenario took place in 2012, and the times were changed then. Here is a link from two years ago:
                http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-t...-frozen-fenway

When they changed the schedule two years ago it was 10 days in advance. The date and time of the Patriots game has been known for about a week now. I think if they were going to change it, they would have made the announcement by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                  Bob Ellis mentioned this was a possibility on air during Saturday's post game show. It think people are assuming the schedule will change because the same scenario took place in 2012, and the times were changed then. Here is a link from two years ago:
                  http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-t...-frozen-fenway

When they changed the schedule two years ago it was 10 days in advance. The date and time of the Patriots game has been known for about a week now. I think if they were going to change it, they would have made the announcement by now.
                  Yes, this is a possibility. The word is it would be 2:20pm and 5:50pm starts. The only hold up is wether or not Fenway wants to make such a move.
                  Justin Soderberg
                  President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                  Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                  Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Aaaaand now they are forecasting rain.... ScottK?????

Happy to sit this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Aaaaand now they are forecasting rain.... ScottK?????

Happy to sit this one out.
                      If they could make it a morning game it'd be even better. Saturday isn't looking like a nice day at all. Based on what I'm seeing right now, we'll have showers in the afternoon, becoming a steady rain by evening. Temperatures will be near or a little over 50. I know that the makeup day is Sunday, and that looks much better right now - clearing, breezy, temperatures in the 30s.
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Happier than ever I am sitting it out...

Comment

And it's official.

Game has been moved to 2:15pm.
                          Fenway Sports Management and Hockey East today announced earlier start times for the Saturday, January 11, hockey doubleheader at Fenway Park featuring UMass Lowell vs. Northeastern, and University of Maine vs. Boston University. The two hockey games will now start at 2:15 and 5:45, respectively – 45 minutes earlier than originally scheduled.
                          The change was made to accommodate fans who would like to get home in time to watch the 8:15 p.m. divisional playoff game between the New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts.   
                          Fenway Park gates are scheduled to open at 1:15 p.m.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            And it's official.

Game has been moved to 2:15pm.
                            THey obviously didn't read ScottK's forecast!

Comment

I'm sitting this one out. I'm sure the players will appreciate playing at Fenway but I can't get over the fact that High School teams, mites, bantams, and everyone under the sun got to play at Fenway before Lowell did. That is BS in my book.

I'll watch the game at Beer Works and then walk home to watch the Pats.
                              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                                I'm sitting this one out. I'm sure the players will appreciate playing at Fenway but I can't get over the fact that High School teams, mites, bantams, and everyone under the sun got to play at Fenway before Lowell did. That is BS in my book.

I'll watch the game at Beer Works and then walk home to watch the Pats.
                                I am lost on why you would go and see nothing. From what I can figure out the sightlines are awful. I guess I am old. I would rather watch from my couch, have a nice big glass of chocolate milk and be dry n' warm.

Comment

Working...
                                X