X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2013/2014 Season ... The Target is firmly on

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    but it's good to know that even if people can't make the game, you can always listen on the espn riverhawk radio network.:d
    . Stupid code won't let me capitalize
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!1!!!!!11!!11!1!! !

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
      But it's good to know that even if people can't make the game, you can always listen on the ESPN Riverhawk Radio Network.
      That's so mean, pushing Les' buttons.
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        I remember on more than one occasion blizzard games against UMO> Best games ever. People who do make it to the game are nuts and fun to watch.
        For years it seemed like every time Maine came to town it snowed.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          This.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            It still could happen again this year when Maine comes to town in 2 weeks.
            What did you say?
            Who own the Chiefs?
            What did he say?
            Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
              Forecast calling for a foot of snow in Lowell ending late Fri afternoon. Can anyone remember a game being postponed due to snow? I hope not.....
              The real question is does Bob Ellis give out ScottK's e-mail in the next game for individualized forecasts (as he almost did on Sunday).
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                The real question is does Bob Ellis give out ScottK's e-mail in the next game for individualized forecasts (as he almost did on Sunday).
                Friend him on FB. He is incredibly accurate. I was watching the confusion on TV and Mr les said"WHy are you doing that? JUst wait for ScottK to post on FB"

Mr. les otherwise thinks FB is Satan.

Comment

Did anyone know the answer? We were in Salem and Pelham, NH where the AM radio coverage is just awesome!!1!11!! I thought we went to the AM so we could increase our NH base- not sure where they are increasing it but it isn't close to here!) Less than 2 miles from the Ma Border and couldn't get the station so missed the first period and a half. Have I made any comment on how much I hate how we have gone 'big time' so we have rinky-dink radio that can't make it to the next town up from Lowell?? JUL I could get all the way to Manchester. GRRRR. I keep biatching but I can't seem to help myself. I know they won't wake up and see how idiotic this is. After all, we are increasing the listening base some where. Maybe they are looking for the niche market that isn't anywhere near here~maybe at the Canadian border?
                  Well, again, if Bob isn't coming in, you could always turn to "WUML", and hear the game. Rookie broadcasters who took over when the school surprised the station with the "Espn" deal, but they're learning and the signal is much much better.
                  I know everyone loves Bob Ellis but if you cant' hear him, the alternative is there.
                  I'm an alum of the station (obviously) so I like to promote the guys over there. They're working hard at getting good at this.

Comment

A nice article on former UML Assistant Coach Chris MacKenzie who is now the head coach of the UConn Women's hockey team.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-...0,347043.story

Comment

Friend him on FB. He is incredibly accurate. I was watching the confusion on TV and Mr les said"WHy are you doing that? JUst wait for ScottK to post on FB"

Mr. les otherwise thinks FB is Satan.
                      I have his (ScottK's) phone number, not the point... if somebody was about to give my email over air I'd... well, not printable.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Lowell Sun Sports ‏@LowellSunSports 42s
                        @UMassLowell has not made a decision on Friday night's hockey game as of yet. #storm2014
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Lowell Sun Sports ‏@LowellSunSports 42s
                          @UMassLowell has not made a decision on Friday night's hockey game as of yet. #storm2014
                          I'd take that to mean that their bus hasn't left yet, which is very surprising to me. Guess they're hoping to sneak in right at back end of storm, assuming that the end of the storm has been predicted right?
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by HawkUnderground View Post
                            Well, again, if Bob isn't coming in, you could always turn to "WUML", and hear the game. Rookie broadcasters who took over when the school surprised the station with the "Espn" deal, but they're learning and the signal is much much better.
                            I know everyone loves Bob Ellis but if you cant' hear him, the alternative is there.
                            I'm an alum of the station (obviously) so I like to promote the guys over there. They're working hard at getting good at this.
                            Part of the reason I listen is the interviews with the kids and I know when Bob says something I know how to interpret it. Nothing against the UML guys. This is all against the D I BS screwing up something that worked well so they could improve (totally screw up and wreck) a good thing. I hate when people lose track of what made something successful because they get delusions of grandeur and the whole thing crashes to the ground.

I used to have people at work tell me all the time they listened to the games on the radio. Now they tell me they tried to listen, it was awful so they just turned it off. Granted they are bandwagoners but some of those people end up really engaged over time. Not anymore. Soooopid.

Comment

Part of the reason I listen is the interviews with the kids and I know when Bob says something I know how to interpret it. Nothing against the UML guys. This is all against the D I BS screwing up something that worked well so they could improve (totally screw up and wreck) a good thing. I hate when people lose track of what made something successful because they get delusions of grandeur and the whole thing crashes to the ground.
                              Yup. Change for the sake of change is rarely a good thing.
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                                Yup. Change for the sake of change is rarely a good thing.
                                It sounds like the real issue is we gave up a reliable radio signal for the sake of better branding access. I'm not saying this is a good trade, I'm just saying this is the trade that was made.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X