X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2013/2014 Season ... The Target is firmly on

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Any word if Lowell will be in a Xmas tournament next season?
    Can we please go back down to Florida for an XMas tournament? Something about lounging on the beach at the Pink Shell during the day and then winning tournaments at night make me think, Merry Christmas...

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
      Can we please go back down to Florida for an XMas tournament? Something about lounging on the beach at the Pink Shell during the day and then winning tournaments at night make me think, Merry Christmas...
      Florida was exactly what I was thinking /hoping. I thought there was some talk about going to Minnesota for a tournament??

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
        I was replying to your counterparts who trolled over on the UVM board to *****..and replying to their *****ing here... aww and now I get a negative rep...whaaa
        Probably because you kept on going and going with this. This will probably come as a shock to you but just because we KNOW about the format doesn't mean we have to LIKE the format. We got our NC wins, you get your feelgood moment without actually facing the better team to do so, so just go back to your happy life. Hopefully, we'll wreck the end of your season in a couple months.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          Never thought I'd see the day where going into the second half of the season, four teams are .500 or below ... and two of them are UNH and BU.
          At least UMass is doing their part. Lost to UConn today and have a stellar 6-13-3 record while scoring 44 goals and giving up 70. That isn't what I would call the "Flagship."
          Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            Did anyone know the answer? We were in Salem and Pelham, NH where the AM radio coverage is just awesome!!1!11!! I thought we went to the AM so we could increase our NH base- not sure where they are increasing it but it isn't close to here!) Less than 2 miles from the Ma Border and couldn't get the station so missed the first period and a half. Have I made any comment on how much I hate how we have gone 'big time' so we have rinky-dink radio that can't make it to the next town up from Lowell?? JUL I could get all the way to Manchester. GRRRR. I keep biatching but I can't seem to help myself. I know they won't wake up and see how idiotic this is. After all, we are increasing the listening base some where. Maybe they are looking for the niche market that isn't anywhere near here~maybe at the Canadian border?
            I know this has been your cause all season and I'm with you. The Athletic Department/University really dropped the ball with this ridiculous ESPN Radio agreement. Marty has done so many good things for the University since he took over but this "radio" deal is awful.
            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
              At least UMass is doing their part. Lost to UConn today and have a stellar 6-13-3 record while scoring 44 goals and giving up 70. That isn't what I would call the "Flagship."
              Tough night for Hockey East as Air Force beat Providence to win the UConn Tournament. Northeastern needed to rally to tie Dartmouth 8-8 in the consolation game of the Dartmouth tourney. The Huskies gave up 13 goals in their two games while scoring 10. As mentioned, UConn beat UMass after the Minutemen tied QU on Sunday night.

I'm not sure how much attention the UMass hockey program is getting these days in Amherst with all the activity going on with their football program and the fast start of their Men's Basketball team (11-1).

http://www.umassathletics.com/sports...122613aaa.html
              Last edited by boblav1; 12-30-2013, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                Tough night for Hockey East as Air Force beat Providence to win the UConn Tournament. Northeastern needed to rally to tie Dartmouth 8-8 in the consolation game of the Dartmouth tourney. The Huskies gave up 13 goals in their two games while scoring 10. As mentioned, UConn beat UMass after the Minutemen tied QU on Sunday night.

I'm not sure how much attention the UMass hockey program is getting these days in Amherst with all the activity going on with their football program and the fast start of their Men's Basketball team (11-1).

http://www.umassathletics.com/sports...122613aaa.html
                Think they'll ever admit that FBS was a mistake?
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  Think they'll ever admit that FBS was a mistake?
                  Article from the Globe's Dan Shaughnessy

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    Article from the Globe's Dan Shaughnessy
                    Like the nod to college hockey, I'm sure Monty will not appreciate the Revs mention... The reality is that UMass football depends on the existence of a Springfield market... UMass's biggest sin is that it is so far away. If UMass took over some of the swamps in the Bolton area or something comparable (Ft Devens, why not) it would be sitting in a much better position.

Worse is they saw what UConn did and horribly misinterpreted it.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      Like the nod to college hockey, I'm sure Monty will not appreciate the Revs mention...
                      Trust me, I expect no better out of the CHB. But to be fair, he's mostly right.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

UMass Lowell River Hawks Alumni Report: Issue 3 is OUT NOW!
                        Justin Soderberg
                        President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                        Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                        Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Forecast calling for a foot of snow in Lowell ending late Fri afternoon. Can anyone remember a game being postponed due to snow? I hope not.....

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                            Forecast calling for a foot of snow in Lowell ending late Fri afternoon. Can anyone remember a game being postponed due to snow? I hope not.....
                            Speaking of Clarkson, we had a weekend series with UNH and ?? during the ice storm a few years ago.

I would imagine Clarkson leaves Potsdam early tomorrow trying to beat the snow. I will be leaving MD early for Plattsburgh on Thursday with the same objective.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Speaking of Clarkson, we had a weekend series with UNH and ?? during the ice storm a few years ago.

I would imagine Clarkson leaves Potsdam early tomorrow trying to beat the snow. I will be leaving MD early for Plattsburgh on Thursday with the same objective.
                              I remember on more than one occasion blizzard games against UMO> Best games ever. People who do make it to the game are nuts and fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                I remember on more than one occasion blizzard games against UMO> Best games ever. People who do make it to the game are nuts and fun to watch.
                                But it's good to know that even if people can't make the game, you can always listen on the ESPN Riverhawk Radio Network.
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Working...
                                X