This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2013/2014 Season ... The Target is firmly on

Down 2-1... actually a good period... just not ending up in the net... McGill got a couple of opportunistic ones. Not happy about the score line but its not like they're looking terrible or stupid... just a matter of putting it together.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Wouldn't be a game without a disallowed goal...or 2

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Wouldn't be a game without a disallowed goal...or 2
        Unsure what happened on that last one... Sure, there was a whole player in the net but I didn't think that mattered.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          Unsure what happened on that last one... Sure, there was a whole player in the net but I didn't think that mattered.
          The ruling was, as I understand it, he slid into the goalie and was not knocked down by an opposing player.

Comment

Looks like UML is definitely overrated after having that much trouble with McGill. Probably more like a 15-20 team that will be on the bubble come tourney time.

Comment

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
              The ruling was, as I understand it, he slid into the goalie and was not knocked down by an opposing player.
              Errr...

If have to see the replay, he was in the net for a good long time... 2-3 seconds IIRC

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

It was a fun game to watch, even with the various reviews. Much better than some of the teams we have played in past. Some of those McGill kids were fast. I like that Norm uses the exhibition game to mess around and try different combos, etc. Good to see all the new faces and things switching up. It was pretty funny to see all of them lined up down the runway to change half way thru.

Lil esp liked Zink. Decided what ever line he ends up on will be the Elemental line. Wonder who we will see when it really counts.

Comment

I like that Norm uses the exhibition game to mess around and try different combos, etc. Good to see all the new faces and things switching up. It was pretty funny to see all of them lined up down the runway to change half way thru.
                  It was good to see just about everyone get some ice time. I believe only Zack Kamrass and Nick Gordon didn't play.
                  For new faces, i though Campbell (big kid), Kapla and Zink looked good. Hopefully no one got hurt today and everyone is ready to go for next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mutha fucha View Post
                    looks like uml is definitely overrated after having that much trouble with mcgill. Probably more like a 15-20 team that will be on the bubble come tourney time.
                    word!
                    Fighting the good fight

Comment

jump ship, we stink, we are done, nothing to see here folks, move on.....

Usually we have to wait for this stuff until we play a game we care about.

Comment

jump ship, we stink, we are done, nothing to see here folks, move on.....

Usually we have to wait for this stuff until we play a game we care about.
                        He's another one of those who pops by when we drop a game.

Our play was disjointed, no polish whatsoever. Last year's team was a team grounded in discipline once they figured out that they really needed to commit to it. Yesterday was not a mental game achievement by any means. I do worry about the conditioning aspect.

First game, McGill played solidly in general, they are deeper into their season at this point, got a few opportunistic goals. They won the CIS last year IIRC with a iffy record which to me says they play soundly without real talent.

Now, I do expect better from a national #1, but after what we've been through the last couple I would buy that they need a bit of time to coalesce. Their freshman kid is pretty **** good. I assume he played MJ, will check... probably doesn't have NCAA eligibility but it'd be nice to dream.

edit: Halifax, QMJHL

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Mutha Fucha View Post
                          Looks like UML is definitely overrated after having that much trouble with McGill. Probably more like a 15-20 team that will be on the bubble come tourney time.

HAHA, taking anything out of this game is like judging a practice golf swing before actually hitting the ball. Playing with the lines, vanilla system, no urgency outside of get your legs under you for conditioning, etc....All that and it was like McGill's Stanley Cup playing the US #1 - play this game in 2 weeks with a real game on the line and it is 5-0
                          "We are all River Hawks"

Comment

Originally posted by UMLKLB View Post
                            HAHA, taking anything out of this game is like judging a practice golf swing before actually hitting the ball. Playing with the lines, vanilla system, no urgency outside of get your legs under you for conditioning, etc....All that and it was like McGill's Stanley Cup playing the US #1 - play this game in 2 weeks with a real game on the line and it is 5-0
                            Stop it. You are ruining all the fun for those people who live for pessimism.

For the rest of us who have watched hockey for years- ho hum. Exhibition games are for fun. He played the full roster, switched kids out half way thru the game. If anyone expects fluency when half the bench is replaced midway thru the game I bow to their superior expectations.

Comment

I noticed the team was wearing their road blue jerseys yesterday. Are they switching that this year? Or does the NCAA have some type of home white rule and they only wore blue because it was an exhibition?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                                I noticed the team was wearing their road blue jerseys yesterday. Are they switching that this year? Or does the NCAA have some type of home white rule and they only wore blue because it was an exhibition?
                                You know, I don't know if there's an explicit hockey east rule or not. I know quite a few years ago, we played BU on valentines day and we wore the red jerseys at home. The reason was that Blaise thought we had better luck in the road shirts, IIRC. Whatever.

There could be a variety of possible reasons. I think they mentioned one of the radio, but i forgot what it was.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Working...
                                X