Ferris State University Hockey: 2013-2014 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris State University Hockey: 2013-2014 season

Good game. It sure was exciting to watch. I wish we would have played a better second period, that has seemed to be our weakness all season. Daniels keeps talking about wanting to put together 60 complete minutes and he didn't get that tonight. Although the five OT minutes looked good.

I thought Buzzeo to DeMartino was going to win it in the waning minutes.

Three big games away from Big Rapids coming up. Nobody can be overlooked. Take care of Sparty first.

Go Dawgs!
    "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
    - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
    CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      2-2 tie. I'll take it.

Shootout. I have no idea why.
      Right, it's a tie, end of story. It's reflected in both teams records and in the eyes of the NCAA. Neither team picked up a W last night. They played each other even. To have a shootout with non-con teams is simply an exhibition; it has nothing to do with the game that was played.

It annoys me that one of the guys at work today says, "Michigan won last night"; one of my customers says, "Michigan won last night;" the Holland Sentinel (where Nagelvoort is from) writes that Michigan won the game 3-2. No, I'm sorry, Michigan did not win the game last night.
      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
        Right, it's a tie, end of story. It's reflected in both teams records and in the eyes of the NCAA. Neither team picked up a W last night. They played each other even. To have a shootout with non-con teams is simply an exhibition; it has nothing to do with the game that was played.

It annoys me that one of the guys at work today says, "Michigan won last night"; one of my customers says, "Michigan won last night;" the Holland Sentinel (where Nagelvoort is from) writes that Michigan won the game 3-2. No, I'm sorry, Michigan did not win the game last night.

Correct. The game was a tale of missed opportunities and strange goals. The proper ending was achieved, though. Both deserved something out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Correct. The game was a tale of missed opportunities and strange goals. The proper ending was achieved, though. Both deserved something out of it.
          Yup, I will never complain about a tie on the road. Come to Big Rapids next year and we might get more past Nagelvoort.

Out of curiosity, if a road win is worth more than a home win in the computers, then isn't a road tie worth more than a home tie?
          - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Comment

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
            Yup, I will never complain about a tie on the road. Come to Big Rapids next year and we might get more past Nagelvoort.

Out of curiosity, if a road win is worth more than a home win in the computers, then isn't a road tie worth more than a home tie?
            That's an interesting question. Maybe that is an incentive for the winner of the nc shoot-out getting the extra nudge in the PWR. I jest, of course.

I think a tie can contain many connotations. There are "good" ties and "bad" ties depending on who you are, how you play etc. The reason I suggested that this was a fair result was because it was equally good and bad for both teams, regardless of where it was played. (For instance, Michigan fans should be thankful that the game wasn't out of reach in the first period, only to ponder why they couldn't hang onto a lead with 5+ minutes to go. Ferris fans are wondering about all the open looks, missed chances during the game and wonder how they were even in a position to lose late in the game, only to earn the tie in a.. ahem... hostile environment. )

Comment

ESPN SportsCenter footage & FOX Sports Atlantic's national highlights of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92yinGId1yk#t=88
              or: http://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/s...ideos/Michigan

Comment

Here's a question: Does the WCHA use shoot-outs?
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                  Here's a question: Does the WCHA use shoot-outs?
                  No.
                  - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Comment

Please humiliate sparty tonight.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Up 2-0 thru 2, but we're taking way too many penalties. 5 so far for us, only a 5-minute major for boarding for MSU.

SOG are 14-9 thru 2 for Ferris.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

2-0 win at Munn.

Ferris wins at MSU, and Kunitz has a goal at the Joe. Good night to be a Bulldog.

God, that was fun...

Comment

2-0 win at Munn.

Ferris wins at MSU, and Kunitz has a goal at the Joe. Good night to be a Bulldog.
                          Yup! Way too many penalties and MSU's offense isn't the most intimidating, that said, one of the best defensive games the Dawgs have had. It's a great time for a break and plenty of time to prepare before the Mariucci Classic.

Given SCSU's struggle this weekend, it will be interesting to see what the rankings look like headed into Minneapolis.

Go Dawgs!
                          - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Comment

I don't think we're going to be #1. Right now, I'm not sure I'd want to be #1.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I don't think we're going to be #1. Right now, I'm not sure I'd want to be #1.
                              I don't think we will be #1 either. But we may get a shot at #1 soon.
                              - Tim Horton

Ferris State University

Comment

I have the feeling that will take care of itself when we go to Minneapolis during the break.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X