RPI Pick to Click 2013-14: Revenge of the Nerds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pick to Click 2013-14: Revenge of the Nerds

My first ever Weekly winner (Or at least shared with Lugnut)!

Friday:
    RPI- Jacob Laliberte
    DU (D)- David Makowski

Saturday:
    RPI- Brock Higgs
    (D) UD- Quinton Shore

Sunday:
    RPI- Matt Neal
    USA- Alex Tuch

Comment

Friday
      DU: Quentin Shore
      RPI: Jacob Laliberte

Saturday
      DU: David Makowski
      RPI: Brock Higgs

Sunday
      USA: Dylan Larkin
      RPI: Mike Zalewski
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I have no idea what is going on with my original account. I can log on just fine, but I do not have permission to post at all. I have tried contacting the admins through the "Contact Us" link at the bottom but I have heard no response. So instead of making burgie post my picks every week, I decided to just create a new account. If any has any suggestions on how I can fix the problems with my original account, that would be very helpful.

Friday:
        RPI: Mike Zalewski
        Denver: Quentin Shore

Saturday:
        RPI: Brock Higgs
        Denver: Nolan Zajac

Sunday:
        RPI: Guy Leboeuf
        USA: Sonny Milano

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          At least until your are quoted.
          Then it's time for...

F2F6F8
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by cnor80 View Post
            I have no idea what is going on with my original account. I can log on just fine, but I do not have permission to post at all. I have tried contacting the admins through the "Contact Us" link at the bottom but I have heard no response. So instead of making burgie post my picks every week, I decided to just create a new account. If any has any suggestions on how I can fix the problems with my original account, that would be very helpful.
            Did you recently change your email address for the forum? I know when I switched from my rpi.edu address to a non-school related one, I couldn't post until I verified the account (which was made difficult by USCHO not sending me a verification email).
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Friday:
              Engineers - Laliberte
              Jelly Donuts - Loney

Saturday:
              RPI - Higgs
              DUde, I'm so high right now - Levin

Sunday:
              Red & White - Neal
              & Blue - Glover
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Re: RPI Pick to Click 2013-14: Revenge of the Nerds

Friday:
                RPI: Higgs
                DU: Danny Doremus

Saturday:
                If I can change Make it Zalewski
                RPI:injured Laliberte
                DU: Zac "Viva" Larraza

Sunday:
                RPI: Ryan Haggerty
                USA: Sonny Milano
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                  Did you recently change your email address for the forum? I know when I switched from my rpi.edu address to a non-school related one, I couldn't post until I verified the account (which was made difficult by USCHO not sending me a verification email).
                  That was the problem, thanks! The weird thing is that I changed my email address over the summer I think and they just realized now that I forgot to activate it.
                  Lets go RED!!
                  And BC!

Sucks to BU Clarkson

Houston Field House, Conte Forum, Agganis Arena, Thompson Arena, Alfond Arena, Lawler Arena, Whittemore Center, Schneider Arena, Appleton Arena, Tsongas Center, Ingalls Rink, Times Union Center, TD Garden, Scottrade Center, Fenway Park, Herb Brooks Arena, Verizon Wireless Arena, DCU Center, Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena, Matthews Arena

Strike out ALS

Comment

Hi Engineers Fans --- Shoutout to Jerry D'Amigo who just scored his first NHL goal against Chicago to put Toronto up 2-1. It's been a long time coming for Jerry. Always thought he should have spent more time with RPI but he has finally made it up to the show (granted the Leafs have a number of injuries / suspensions) --- but a great moment!

Comment

First off, my deepest apologies to rsfs04. I misread their name the first time they posted in this thread and legitimately never noticed my mistake until I went to find their name in some old posts and ended up only finding what I thought their name was in my own posts. I hope you're a nice enough guy / gal to not hold it against me.

Why that long apology? Because congratulations are in order to rsfs and ehf! rsfs gets their first ever weekly win and ehf wins earns his second bonus point in the past three game weeks.

With just five goals scored in the official games, it was a low-scoring week and resulted in five posters going scoreless.

On Friday, David Makowski (lugnut92, Ralph Baer, RPI fan 4 life, and rsfs04) scored Denver's first goal (in the dreaded second period) to be the most valuable Pio of the night. No surprise for the Engineers as it was Brock Higgs (engineerhockeyfan, RKarger, RPIHFH, TuteScrooge, and vizoroo) scoring in the first, making him worth two points.

viz, I got your change for your Saturday pick, but it didn't help as Zalewski came up empty. The true high scorers were Matt Neal (engineerhockeyfan, RKarger, and rsfs04) with the game-tying goal as Bo Dolan (nobody) picked up the assist for 2 PtC points each. Ty Loney scored for Denver, also making him worth two.

**** me and my picking on the wrong night! I could've had 4 points and a mulligan for my Saturday pick. But, alas.

In the overall standings, there's now a 3-way tie for 4th place and ehf has changed the conversation from being about the Top 6 to the Top 7, just two points back of that 4th place tie and now with a 9-point gap down to 8th. Speaking of 8th, it's a three-way tie there and just one point back finds 1988 and rsfs. FlagDUDE and myself are just two more points back in 13th.

1988, cnor79/80, hawthr, and MavHockey all lost their season-long(-plus!) point streak while I found myself scoreless for the second time already in just 9 weeks. At least I'm leading the competition in one thing!

No one scored any points from their U18 choices which meant that the "weekly win" was awarded to whomever picked up 2 points from their RPI choice, and there were plenty of options there (Bourbonnais and Neal were the goal scorers; Higgs had a pair of assists; Dolan had one, too; and Soffer got the win). It was a four-way tie for first, with myself, Ralph, RPI fan 4 life, and rsfs (again! twice in two weeks ) each picking up two and five posters taking advantage of their opportunity to choose Haggerty and grabbing one point. But, as I told you, exhibitions are exhibitions, so they're wiped off the scoreboard.

The spreadsheet won't be hooked back up until the 23rd as we're done with the project for now, but I'm spending the rest of the week on vacation in Denmark, so don't try and reach me . Next week I'll be back in the office and hopefully back to a slightly more normal schedule (no more 13-hour days... bleck)

PtC 2013-14 spreadsheet

Week 9 Results:
                      6 + 1 points
                      engineerhockeyfan
                      rsfs04

4 points
                      Ralph Baer
                      RKarger
                      RPI fan 4 life

3 points
                      lugnut92

2 points
                      FlagDUDE08
                      RPIHFH
                      TuteScrooge
                      vizoroo

0 points
                      burgie12
                      cnor79
                      hawthr
                      MavHockey14

Cumulative standings:
                      Code:
                      01 RKarger           52
                      02 lugnut92          50
                      03 Ralph Baer        49
                      04 MavHockey14       46
                         RPI fan 4 life    46
                         TuteScrooge       46
                      07 engineerhockeyfan 44
                      08 hawthr            35
                         RPIHFH            35
                         vizoroo           35
                      11 1988              34
                         rsfs04            34
                      13 burgie12          32
                         FlagDUDE08        32
                      15 Redaero91         31
                      16 cnor79            24
                      17 arickeo            7
                      18 REDRocket          3
                      Week 10 Results:
                      2 + 1 "points"
                      burgie12
                      Ralph Baer
                      rsfs04
                      RPI fan 4 life

1 "point"
                      FlagDUDE08
                      hawthr
                      lugnut92
                      vizoroo

0 "points"
                      cnor79
                      engineerhockeyfan
                      MavHockey14
                      RKarger
                      RPIHFH
                      TuteScrooge
                      Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

• Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                        First off, my deepest apologies to rsfs04. I misread their name the first time they posted in this thread and legitimately never noticed my mistake until I went to find their name in some old posts and ended up only finding what I thought their name was in my own posts. I hope you're a nice enough guy / gal to not hold it against me.

Why that long apology? Because congratulations are in order to rsfs and ehf! rsfs gets their first ever weekly win and ehf wins earns his second bonus point in the past three game weeks.

With just five goals scored in the official games, it was a low-scoring week and resulted in five posters going scoreless.

On Friday, David Makowski (lugnut92, Ralph Baer, RPI fan 4 life, and rsfs04) scored Denver's first goal (in the dreaded second period) to be the most valuable Pio of the night. No surprise for the Engineers as it was Brock Higgs (engineerhockeyfan, RKarger, RPIHFH, TuteScrooge, and vizoroo) scoring in the first, making him worth two points.

viz, I got your change for your Saturday pick, but it didn't help as Zalewski came up empty. The true high scorers were Matt Neal (engineerhockeyfan, RKarger, and rsfs04) with the game-tying goal as Bo Dolan (nobody) picked up the assist for 2 PtC points each. Ty Loney scored for Denver, also making him worth two.

**** me and my picking on the wrong night! I could've had 4 points and a mulligan for my Saturday pick. But, alas.

In the overall standings, there's now a 3-way tie for 4th place and ehf has changed the conversation from being about the Top 6 to the Top 7, just two points back of that 4th place tie and now with a 9-point gap down to 8th. Speaking of 8th, it's a three-way tie there and just one point back finds 1988 and rsfs. FlagDUDE and myself are just two more points back in 13th.

1988, cnor79/80, hawthr, and MavHockey all lost their season-long(-plus!) point streak while I found myself scoreless for the second time already in just 9 weeks. At least I'm leading the competition in one thing!

No one scored any points from their U18 choices which meant that the "weekly win" was awarded to whomever picked up 2 points from their RPI choice, and there were plenty of options there (Bourbonnais and Neal were the goal scorers; Higgs had a pair of assists; Dolan had one, too; and Soffer got the win). It was a four-way tie for first, with myself, Ralph, RPI fan 4 life, and rsfs (again! twice in two weeks ) each picking up two and five posters taking advantage of their opportunity to choose Haggerty and grabbing one point. But, as I told you, exhibitions are exhibitions, so they're wiped off the scoreboard.

The spreadsheet won't be hooked back up until the 23rd as we're done with the project for now, but I'm spending the rest of the week on vacation in Denmark, so don't try and reach me . Next week I'll be back in the office and hopefully back to a slightly more normal schedule (no more 13-hour days... bleck)

PtC 2013-14 spreadsheet

Week 9 Results:
                        6 + 1 points
                        engineerhockeyfan
                        rsfs04

4 points
                        Ralph Baer
                        RKarger
                        RPI fan 4 life

3 points
                        lugnut92

2 points
                        FlagDUDE08
                        RPIHFH
                        TuteScrooge
                        vizoroo

0 points
                        burgie12
                        cnor79
                        hawthr
                        MavHockey14

Cumulative standings:
                        Code:
                        01 RKarger           52
                        02 lugnut92          50
                        03 Ralph Baer        49
                        04 MavHockey14       46
                           RPI fan 4 life    46
                           TuteScrooge       46
                        07 engineerhockeyfan 44
                        08 hawthr            35
                           RPIHFH            35
                           vizoroo           35
                        11 1988              34
                           rsfs04            34
                        13 burgie12          32
                           FlagDUDE08        32
                        15 Redaero91         31
                        16 cnor79            24
                        17 arickeo            7
                        18 REDRocket          3
                        Week 10 Results:
                        2 + 1 "points"
                        burgie12
                        Ralph Baer
                        rsfs04
                        RPI fan 4 life

1 "point"
                        FlagDUDE08
                        hawthr
                        lugnut92
                        vizoroo

0 "points"
                        cnor79
                        engineerhockeyfan
                        MavHockey14
                        RKarger
                        RPIHFH
                        TuteScrooge
                        Goodness tough week for me
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post

PtC 2013-14 spreadsheet

Week 9 Results:
                          6 + 1 points
                          engineerhockeyfan
                          rsfs04

4 points
                          Ralph Baer
                          RKarger
                          RPI fan 4 life

3 points
                          lugnut92

2 points
                          FlagDUDE08
                          RPIHFH
                          TuteScrooge
                          vizoroo

0 points
                          burgie12
                          cnor79
                          hawthr
                          MavHockey14

Cumulative standings:
                          Code:
                          01 RKarger           52
                          02 lugnut92          50
                          03 Ralph Baer        49
                          04 MavHockey14       46
                             RPI fan 4 life    46
                             TuteScrooge       46
                          07 engineerhockeyfan 44
                          08 hawthr            35
                             RPIHFH            35
                             vizoroo           35
                          11 1988              34
                             rsfs04            34
                          13 burgie12          32
                             FlagDUDE08        32
                          15 Redaero91         31
                          16 cnor79            24
                          17 arickeo            7
                          18 REDRocket          3
                          Week 10 Results:
                          2 + 1 "points"
                          burgie12
                          Ralph Baer
                          rsfs04
                          RPI fan 4 life

1 "point"
                          FlagDUDE08
                          hawthr
                          lugnut92
                          vizoroo

0 "points"
                          cnor79
                          engineerhockeyfan
                          MavHockey14
                          RKarger
                          RPIHFH
                          TuteScrooge
                          Burgie, this is unacceptable, I'm going to need to 10 point bonus to make this up. I'm just kidding, I had to look back myself to see what you were talking about, no problem. The points were added up correctly for rfs04, so I knew what you meant. As a possible way to help you remember, I pronounce it r s f oh-four and it stands for Red Sox Fan Since 04. Would be nice if some of that postseason magic could find it's way to the Engineers this season.

Comment

Link back to the title post with details on scoring

Alright, quick intro post before my girlfriend's flight lands and this vacation actually gets kicked off right.

The Engineers will be celebrating New Year's in Minnesota, having been invited to the Mariucci Classic. Standard scoring applies (2, 3, or 10 for a goal, 1, 2, or 4 for an assist, etc.), but the rest of this weekend is different.

Since RPI's opponents are not known, you instead pick one representative from each team. You get all of the points that that player accumulates in all games of the tournament. So, yes, all four games of the tournament matter. And, before someone asks, no, shootouts don't count. Games end after 65 minutes, just like the NCAA says they do.

To keep anyone from having a nearly guaranteed 8 points (and to encourage some variety in picks), only one of your four choices may be a goalie.

Picks lock down at 4:07 Central on Friday, January 3rd. Good luck!

You may not choose the following players for these upcoming games:
                            RPI - Ryan Haggerty NOR Chris Bradley
                            Ferris State - Garrett Thompson NOR Jason Binkley
                            Minnesota - Sam Warning NOR Mike Reilly
                            Colgate - Mike Borkowski NOR Spiro Goulakos

Statistics / Rosters:
                            Rensselaer: Statistics | Roster
                            Ferris State: Statistics | Roster | KYE
                            Minnesota: Statistics | Roster | KYE (beware of confusion for C. / M. / R. Reilly)
                            Colgate: Statistics | Roster | KYE (beware of confusion for Tylor / Tyson Spink)
                            Go Red!!

Comment

When the heck did you throw that rule in? And are you henceforth referring to it as the FlagDUDE08 rule?

RPI - Brock Higgs
                              Ferris - Justin Buzzeo
                              Goofers - Adam Wilcox
                              Gate - Kyle Baun

Comment

RPI: Higgs
                                Minnesota: Rau
                                Ferris State Czarnowcaan
                                Colgate: Baun
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X