X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Small is perhaps a relative term.We play 22 games in the ECAC and I think we probably should see how we stand up in size against that group. I do not think we are a 'small team' but it sure lioks like over the next few years the trend for us will be to get 'smaller'.
    We are 5th tallest and 6th heaviest in the ECAC. I agree that we are probably going down in the list in the next couple of years.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Taylor Mahoney, today is 27 September 2013. There are 8 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2013 for the start of next season.

I fixed yesterday's post. I listed the wrong women's player.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        We are 5th tallest and 6th heaviest in the ECAC. I agree that we are probably going down in the list in the next couple of years.
        Medians / averages can be deceiving however. if you have several relatively smaller guys who move like lightning and are gritty and compact and skilled, and couple them with several relatively larger guys who have a good sense of ice presence, you've got the potential for a dynamic and effective squad. Yet on average they are just middle of the pack.

Like saying Muggsy Bogues and Wilt Chamberlain average out to 6' 5"....
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          Medians / averages can be deceiving however. if you have several relatively smaller guys who move like lightning and are gritty and compact and skilled, and couple them with several relatively larger guys who have a good sense of ice presence, you've got the potential for a dynamic and effective squad. Yet on average they are just middle of the pack.

Like saying Muggsy Bogues and Wilt Chamberlain average out to 6' 5"....
          No doubt the standard deviation would say something too. Of course, we also don't know how many players were measured with their skates on.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            Hey guys, I think he's talking about Union.
            He once claimed that Appert would be fired if he didn't win Freakout. I'm not sure he knows entirely what he's talking about.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              I'm not sure he knows entirely what he's talking about.
              That hasn't stopped many a person from talking anyway....
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                He once claimed that Appert would be fired if he didn't win Freakout. I'm not sure he knows entirely what he's talking about.
                And Michigan hasn't recently fired their football coach for losing to Ohio State three times in a row. I'm not sure we know entirely who's the troll here.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  And Michigan hasn't recently fired their football coach for losing to Ohio State three times in a row. I'm not sure we know entirely who's the troll here.
                  ....as they say on one of those ESPN "Chuckle-head" shows....... "C'mon maaaann".
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Apparently, you don't know football OR hockey.

Or the definition of troll, for that matter.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                      Speculation from a few months ago on Michigan coming to Troy came through. Great news. Hoping they bring someone else in that weekend to crossover with Union. I doubt that it will happen, but if they could find a decent 4th team it would be nice to have a doubleheader at the T/U the 2nd night and get rid of that useless third game with Union.
                      John, you are always plugged in on latest info. Don't know where you get your sources???? John could you ask Schottsie when he frequents your fine establishment if he was the guy in the media poll who voted for Union #1?

Speaking of JohnK's place, please stop by for great food and drink.
                      http://katieobyrnespub.com/
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

By the way if you get a chance, please like JohnK's place on Facebook.
                        https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...ar/39088387227

It gets an AspyDad 5 stars
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          By the way if you get a chance, please like JohnK's place on Facebook.
                          https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...ar/39088387227

It gets an AspyDad 5 stars
                          Stop it. These shameless plugs will not get you any more free beer from John K's fine establishment.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Holy crap -- it just dawned on me that we get to watch RPI hockey at HFH next weekend !! WHOO HOOOOO !!!
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Stop it. These shameless plugs will not get you any more free beer from John K's fine establishment.
                              But it might help lower his tab.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                Holy crap -- it just dawned on me that we get to watch RPI hockey at HFH next weekend !! WHOO HOOOOO !!!
                                You haven't been reading my messages every morning?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X