• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    SA
    Please use OGC.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      Please do not feed the Troll anything. It will seize upon the slightest crumb as a pretext.
      I wasn't talking about the cancer in that case.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        Some horrible news out of Fargo that could have some effect on Devito/Wood/Bourbonnais, last years Lincoln Stars HC, Chad Johnson, was found dead alongside railroad tracks in Fargo. This is life NOT a hockey score.....http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/418783/ ......Another article....http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/418783/

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

DeVito tweet https://twitter.com/Jimmy_DeVito/sta...51721824591872
          Sad to hear such terrible news about Coach Johnson. A great man to be around. My prayers go out to his entire family. Rest In Peace
          Bourbonnais retweet other tweets. Wood's account is protected.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, Sean Sanford is not on the RPI club hockey team roster for this year http://clubhockey.union.rpi.edu/home...13-40/the-team.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              FWIW, Sean Sanford is not on the RPI club hockey team roster for this year http://clubhockey.union.rpi.edu/home...13-40/the-team.
              Ane there are no Management or Business majors listed. Truly the team is the Engineers.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                Please use OGC.
                Please move to North Korea if you're going to force people to talk like communists.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  Please do not feed the Troll anything. It will seize upon the slightest crumb as a pretext.
                  People in glass houses...

Comment

So WaP dropped some knowledge that I was unaware of. RPI's last win in Pennsylvania was 47 years ago. Based on the timeline, it seems the advent of the Pens and Flyers is the reason we haven't won there in so long (correlation == causation, right?).
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      So WaP dropped some knowledge that I was unaware of. RPI's last win in Pennsylvania was 47 years ago. Based on the timeline, it seems the advent of the Pens and Flyers is the reason we haven't won there in so long (correlation == causation, right?).
                      We haven't played and/or won at Robert Morris since then either? If I recall correctly, them and Mercyhurst (and now Penn State) are the only Pennsylvania NCAA clubs currently? I know UPenn had a program for a while...
                      Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                        We haven't played and/or won at Robert Morris since then either? If I recall correctly, them and Mercyhurst (and now Penn State) are the only Pennsylvania NCAA clubs currently? I know UPenn had a program for a while...
                        We have played RMU twice, once in Troy and once in Albany.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                          We haven't played there since 1972, which is a big part of not winning there in so long.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

We haven't played there since 1972, which is a big part of not winning there in so long.
                            Thanks. I asked because 1) too lazy to do the research right now, I admit that, 2) I thought there was a recent game played there that we won. Guess not!
                            Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Fire Seth Appert. This is unacceptable.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Last year there was a college hockey team with high expectations of success, picked to lead their conference, the same way RPI was this year. They had a history of struggling in tournament play and many of their alumni, followers and their hockey fans were frustrated. They wanted this team to make it back to the NCAA tournament and exceed where they had failed to do so. In February this team lost 4 straight and their lofty ranking in the pairwise plummeted. During the season and in the tournament they were beat by one of their strong local rivals in all three games by an embarrassing cumulative score of 3-13. Their hockey fans were very angry. The players were being mocked and there were calls for firing the coach.

Things got worse. In the league tournament this team did not score a goal in its last two matches. Their pairwise number dropped and they were no longer eligible for guaranteed post season play without some help. Badly embarrassed, the coach and team left the conference tournament without the obligatory press conference. The press howled. Some called for the athletic director to fire the coach. The team was at a low. The fans were swearing them off, saying they always choke.

Fortunately, when all the league games were finished and the scores were calculated, they made the playoffs. No one gave them a chance.

Some of you probably recognized who this team was last year. It was Yale. You know the rest of the story and they beat that local rival 4-0 for the National Championship.

RPI is one of the very top teams in the ECAC and has the talent to prove it. Losing your #1 goalie was tough, regardless of how strong the backup is and we found this out as well. There is still a lot of hockey to play. When March rolls around and the dust settles I am betting that RPI will be right in the thick of things for an NCAA berth.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X