X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Given their respective backgrounds, my money is on Red Cloud for that one.
    Hell, so is mine. Hence why I'm not agreeing to the competition.

Comment

I think it is funny when you criticize Seth or the team, over the dismal way things have been going and then you get attacked. You aren’t a real fan! Put him on ignore! That is soooo good.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
        The world hasn't ended. Union is another team just like 10 others in the ECAC we have to deal with. We can't go back and changed what happened. We just don't match up well with their system. As for the "embarassment in the quarterfinals last season", I think some of those people forget that Brown went to the ECAC title game.

Take the two losses, remember that it is only November, and stop lamenting! We're already better off right now than we were at this time last season, and we ended up finishing second in the regular season. The team has their issues, but if you can't see that this is one of the better, more highly-skilled teams that RPI has put together in the last 4-5 seasons, you're crazy. You're welcome to go back to the Fridgen era if you like.
        True, It's only November but this team is heavy with upperclassmen , has been dubbed the best team Appert has had since he has been here, and the deepest as well.

I am not defending the Dude nor asking that someone gets fired but can you honestly say you aern't disappointed with the way this season has started? Of our 6 wins 3 of them came against 2 teams (SHU and Dartmouth) that have won a total of 2 games. We jumped out against UNH 4-0 and we were outplayed the second half of that game. B.U. isn't even in the Top 20 and is replacing a coaching legend. We couldnt finish against Harvard and Cornell at home and had to settle for ties. The Colgate win was a great effort considering how much we were shorthanded.

The first chances we had this season to prove that we are ready to compete with the big boys was at B.C., and this past weekend, and we failed. How does a senior D-man take 4 penalties in a game let alone the other calls against us? The "not playing 60 minutes, we need to be mature" lines are things you usually hear when a team is rebuilding and heavy with underclassmen. We have been led to believe that this team is going to compete for an ECAC title and an NCAA berth this season and I still believe this to be true but I can honestly say I expected a little more than what I have seen so far.Im hoping for a bouceback this weekend at the hurst and looking forward to the Q in a couple weeks. To quote Dr D, "just my 2 cents";
        Last edited by DavidSec17; 11-18-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
          I think it is funny when you criticize Seth or the team, over the dismal way things have been going and then you get attacked. You aren’t a real fan! Put him on ignore! That is soooo good.
          You know what's funny? I lost friends over trying to claim the exact same thing. Now the same thing is happening here (as loose of a term "friends" as anyone would prefer) the other way around. FlagDUDE08 cannot have nice things.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
            True, It's only November but this team is heavy with upperclassmen , has been dubbed the best team Appert has had since he has been here, and the deepest as well.

I am not defending the Dude nor asking that someone gets fired but can you honestly say you aern't disappointed with the way this season has started? Of our 6 wins 3 of them came against 2 teams (SHU and Dartmouth) that have won a total of 2 games. We jumped out against UNH 4-0 and we were outplayed the second half of that game. B.U. isn't even in the Top 20 and is replacing a coaching legend. We choked away the Harvard and Cornell games at home.

The first chances we had this season to prove that we are ready to compete with the big boys was at B.C., and this past weekend, and we failed. How does a senior D-man take 4 penalties in a game let alone the other calls against us? The "not playing 60 minutes, we need to be mature" lines are things you usually hear when a team is rebuilding and heavy with underclassmen. We have been led to believe that this team is going to compete for an ECAC title and an NCAA berth this season and I still believe this to be true but I can honestly say I expected a little more than what I have seen so far. To quote Dr D, "just my 2 cents"
            I want to keep Seth for reasons that I stated earlier.
            But the AD and this administration failed the hockey program. When they hired Seth there should have been a benchmark set up. He should be held responsible to meet that benchmark. Either the benchmark was set so low that even Elmer Fudd could reach it, or it was never set.
            I liked watching Fridgen’s teams play in the ECAC final 4’s. Hopefully someday I can say the same about Appert’s.
            If Alabama lost to Auburn 10 straight that coach would be fired.

Comment

I am not defending the Dude nor asking that someone gets fired but can you honestly say you aern't disappointed with the way this season has started? Of our 6 wins 3 of them came against 2 teams (SHU and Dartmouth) that have won a total of 2 games. We jumped out against UNH 4-0 and we were outplayed the second half of that game. B.U. isn't even in the Top 20 and is replacing a coaching legend. We choked away the Harvard and Cornell games at home.

The first chances we had this season to prove that we are ready to compete with the big boys was at B.C., and this past weekend, and we failed. How does a senior D-man take 4 penalties in a game let alone the other calls against us? The "not playing 60 minutes, we need to be mature" lines are things you usually hear when a team is rebuilding and heavy with underclassmen. We have been led to believe that this team is going to compete for an ECAC title and an NCAA berth this season and I still believe this to be true but I can honestly say I expected a little more than what I have seen so far. To quote Dr D, "just my 2 cents"
              A team can get lucky by avoiding a team. Similar to what happened with Yale last year. If we can take out Princeton, salvage 3 points vs. Cornell, and take out or at least tie Union in the non-league matchup (which is where two out of the four wins vs. Union came, and only two out of the four wins did not require overtime), then maybe some light will come. Sure, we can concentrate on ourselves, but until this coaching staff figures out how to beat the trap, something all of those teams do, as well as how to not choke in important situations such as playoffs or close games (obviously this does fall a bit on the players, but unless the coaching staff can help them to reaction under these situations, the problems will remain), I don't have confidence in this coaching staff to bring success to the program, and quite frankly, I measure success in the form of hardware. REAL hardware, not that participation BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                I want to keep Seth for reasons that I stated earlier.
                But the AD and this administration failed the hockey program. When they hired Seth there should have been a benchmark set up. He should be held responsible to meet that benchmark. Either the benchmark was set so low that even Elmer Fudd could reach it, or it was never set.
                I liked watching Fridgen’s teams play in the ECAC final 4’s. Hopefully someday I can say the same about Appert’s.
                If Alabama lost to Auburn 10 straight that coach would be fired.
                Actually, Michigan's head coach was fired after losing to Ohio State three straight.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  You know what's funny? I lost friends over trying to claim the exact same thing. Now the same thing is happening here (as loose of a term "friends" as anyone would prefer) the other way around. FlagDUDE08 cannot have nice things.
                  victim of of a Courageous Keyboard

Comment

The negativity... Holy moly.

Guys, it's only November.
                    Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      A team can get lucky by avoiding a team. Similar to what happened with Yale last year. If we can take out Princeton, salvage 3 points vs. Cornell, and take out or at least tie Union in the non-league matchup (which is where two out of the four wins vs. Union came, and only two out of the four wins did not require overtime), then maybe some light will come. Sure, we can concentrate on ourselves, but until this coaching staff figures out how to beat the trap, something all of those teams do, as well as how to not choke in important situations such as playoffs or close games (obviously this does fall a bit on the players, but unless the coaching staff can help them to reaction under these situations, the problems will remain), I don't have confidence in this coaching staff to bring success to the program, and quite frankly, I measure success in the form of hardware. REAL hardware, not that participation BS.
                      When we measure success in terms of "REAL" hardware, particularly at the college level then we as "Real" adults and fans have lost our perspective on athletics at any level. While I believe the games are played to be won or lost I don't think any parent wants their sons or daughters college career to be defined by the "Hardware" they won but rather by the person they become from having the opportunity to compete and be involved with the coaches who gave them that opportunity. Last time I checked friendship and respect from your peers and coaches means more that a faded bronze trophy later on in life. Its a game--- enjoy it and the people involved in it --- my 2cents.

Comment

guys, it's only movember.
                        fyp.....
                        I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988 View Post
                          When we measure success in terms of "REAL" hardware, particularly at the college level then we as "Real" adults and fans have lost our perspective on athletics at any level. While I believe the games are played to be won or lost I don't think any parent wants their sons or daughters college career to be defined by the "Hardware" they won but rather by the person they become from having the opportunity to compete and be involved with the coaches who gave them that opportunity. Last time I checked friendship and respect from your peers and coaches means more that a faded bronze trophy later on in life. Its a game--- enjoy it and the people involved in it --- my 2cents.
                          Obviously perennial victory is a bit too much to ask for, but what about the mean? The ECAC has been a league for 50 years. Given it currently has 12 teams, you'd expect to make the championship weekend on average once every 3 years and win the league on average once every 12 years. I believe it has been nearly 12 years since we've even made the championship weekend.

Comment

I am not defending the Dude nor asking that someone gets fired but can you honestly say you aern't disappointed with the way this season has started? Of our 6 wins 3 of them came against 2 teams (SHU and Dartmouth) that have won a total of 2 games. We jumped out against UNH 4-0 and we were outplayed the second half of that game. B.U. isn't even in the Top 20 and is replacing a coaching legend. We couldnt finish against Harvard and Cornell at home and had to settle for ties. The Colgate win was a great effort considering how much we were shorthanded.

The first chances we had this season to prove that we are ready to compete with the big boys was at B.C., and this past weekend, and we failed. How does a senior D-man take 4 penalties in a game let alone the other calls against us? The "not playing 60 minutes, we need to be mature" lines are things you usually hear when a team is rebuilding and heavy with underclassmen. We have been led to believe that this team is going to compete for an ECAC title and an NCAA berth this season and I still believe this to be true but I can honestly say I expected a little more than what I have seen so far.Im hoping for a bouceback this weekend at the hurst and looking forward to the Q in a couple weeks. To quote Dr D, "just my 2 cents";
                            Wish that I had written this. Somewhere between those who want to immediately fire SA because we had a bad weekend and those who believe he is God, there is an honest RPI fan reaction that says that this weekend exposed some serious flaws in a team that we had all come to believe was better than this. Discipline is a big part of it, and I have to think that for all of his talk about maturity and the need for leadership etc. etc., that SA needs to show more leadership in refraining from pointing at refs (even when he thinks they made mistakes). When great teams lose they look only at themselves and change. When mediocre teams lose they look for someone else to blame and don't change.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                              Wish that I had written this. Somewhere between those who want to immediately fire SA because we had a bad weekend and those who believe he is God, there is an honest RPI fan reaction that says that this weekend exposed some serious flaws in a team that we had all come to believe was better than this. Discipline is a big part of it, and I have to think that for all of his talk about maturity and the need for leadership etc. etc., that SA needs to show more leadership in refraining from pointing at refs (even when he thinks they made mistakes). When great teams lose they look only at themselves and change. When mediocre teams lose they look for someone else to blame and don't change.
                              Bingo. And one other thing that people miss is that any of what I say is not solely because of one bad weekend. The bad weekend was simply the last straw. It is a culmination of happenings in the time this coach has been employed. The coach has had problems upon problems that you and David have just described, and we seem to be treated as if we are guinea pigs, whether or not it's because we're in the EZAC. The Roman-trained folk are still in their dreamland, and seem to want to ignore or shout down any attempt to wake them and show them the burning building of which they are inside, possibly take even more serious action a la their ancestors. It's time to wake up.

Comment

The negativity... Holy moly.

Guys, it's only November.
                                There's nothing positive about cancers.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X