This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Seth's problem as well as the team’s problem is finishing games. We saw Seth do a great job at the end of last year, so he is capable. Friday was good game against a good team, clawing their way back late in the game was good to see. He has to get this squad to believe they are a good team in the 3rd period.

RPI lost one of the best goalies in the country. You simply don't adjust to that in a few games. The engineers may not have set out to change their style of play, but loosing a player like Jason will affect a team.

Again it is early in the season adjustments need to be made especially in the last period of play. I said before that this is Seth’s best team. Seth is much better coach now than when he first arrived, but anything short of ECAC championship game and a NCAA bid would be extremely disappointing.

If you were going to fire Seth it should have been a few years ago. Now he has proven that he can recruit, he has proven he can get a team hot and turn around a season. Last season was an incredible turn of events. He has shown his loyalty to RPI by not leaving this past summer. I would hate to think Seth’s got his chops at RPI and then went on to be successful elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Who we have between the pipes has nothing to do it. We've lost to these trap teams even with Kasdorf in net. After that postgame show from Saturday night, anyone associated with that Schenectady program is a scumbag.
      Remember how after Kasdorf was put in net, we finished off ECAC play before the playoffs with a 12-2-2 finish (or something similar?) I'd say that who we have between the pipes has a huge effect, both due to their individual talents and the team D stepping up to help out and protect an inexperienced goaltender.

We lose to trap teams because we don't give into them playing the trap. Remember how Cornell stopped using the trap and then suddenly had one of their worst records in a very long time?

As much as I'd like to agree with the second part, we did get a guy go off for spearing and cross-checking and as a result nearly get disqualified for the rest of the year, when he could have easily done neither, so we're not exactly entirely innocent in this encounter here.
      Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
        As much as I'd like to agree with the second part, we did get a guy go off for spearing and cross-checking and as a result nearly get disqualified for the rest of the year, when he could have easily done neither, so we're not exactly entirely innocent in this encounter here.
        Uh, what?
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
          Not really 2 to brown in playoffs and only a few others after he took the reigns.
          Union, Cornell, and Princeton. Gee, all of the teams I have mentioned previously.

Comment

Remember how after Kasdorf was put in net, we finished off ECAC play before the playoffs with a 12-2-2 finish (or something similar?) I'd say that who we have between the pipes has a huge effect, both due to their individual talents and the team D stepping up to help out and protect an inexperienced goaltender.

We lose to trap teams because we don't give into them playing the trap. Remember how Cornell stopped using the trap and then suddenly had one of their worst records in a very long time?

You mean a game suspension? Unless the league pulls a richard move, a year DQ wouldn't happen here. This isn't Ron Artest and the NBA.

Comment

Thread reset:

People who think FlagDUDE's a moron: ^

People who don't think Flaggy's a moron:

That is all.
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

So after all the angst of the weekend, we've dropped only a little bit to #14 and Union has joined the ranking at #17.
                Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  Thread reset:

That is all.
                  I'm trying to stay out of this nonsense... but this is hilarious.
                  Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Thread reset:

People who think FlagDUD's a moron: ^

That is all.

Please do not feed the Troll.

PS also, please stop insulting morons.
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      PS also, please stop insulting morons.
                      Great minds think alike.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Thread reset:

That is all.
                        My influence has rubbed off. Soon, RC and the like will be going after you.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          My influence has rubbed off. Soon, RC and the like will be going after you.

No. No they won't.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

You know what I think we all need to meet in the Field House parking lot before the next game and have ourselves a good ol' fashion king of the mountain...I mean heck we all seem to be riled up over the past weekend and have some anger to let out. First one to the top becomes King of The Internet Message Boards. Hopefully this gives everyone enough time to make it to Troy and work on some moves for getting to the top.
                            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                              You know what I think we all need to meet in the Field House parking lot before the next game and have ourselves a good ol' fashion king of the mountain...I mean heck we all seem to be riled up over the past weekend and have some anger to let out. First one to the top becomes King of The Internet Message Boards. Hopefully this gives everyone enough time to make it to Troy and work on some moves for getting to the top.
                              Given their respective backgrounds, my money is on Red Cloud for that one.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

. You're welcome to go back to the Fridgen era if you like.
                                What, an above .550 winning pct. during 60% of his seasons and a trip to the ECAC's every other year. Explain your nonsense.
                                Last edited by johnk; 11-18-2013, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X