This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

I didn't read what you wrote and I don't care what you said. You're an awful fan, top to bottom.

Several years ago, I thought you were kidding when you suggested Appert could lose his job because the team had a losing streak during Freakout. Now I just see that you're bat**** insane. A true bull**** artist.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      I didn't read what you wrote and I don't care what you said. You're an awful fan, top to bottom.

Several years ago, I thought you were kidding when you suggested Appert could lose his job because the team had a losing streak during Freakout. Now I just see that you're bat**** insane. A true bull**** artist.
      Coming from you, that's a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        That was mostly a serious question, I was at the Yale-SHU game.
        Sorry-thought you were here with the rest of us suffering a bit of deja vu all over again. After watching, attending and listening to over 1200 RPI games nothing really surprises me. Just like a painful kidney stone-this too will pass. Perhaps the worst thing about last night may be our reemerging propensity for taking a boat load of penalties. Officials are human(i think) and often be ruled by emotions and history. If they begin to think we take a lot of stupid penalties, they will begin to think we deserve them. We were competitive for most of the game but had one of those brain f@rt stretches in the third. I'm not happy with it but it does not shake my feeling that we can play with anyone on any given night and we will be there at the end of the season.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          How many times has SA made it to the ECAC championship weekend, something one out of three teams makes and everyone has a chance for in every year?
          What is his record against the trap, a system that every team in this league, with the exception of RPI and Yale, plays?
          I rest my case.
          FD has a great point about the ECAC championship weekend, I hope to heck I'm wrong but I believe we are just a middle of the pack team led by OGC.

Comment

Last I checked, we have a losing record in the ECAC.

Last I checked, it's still November. Give it a rest.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Aaaaaaanyway...

This weekend at Mercyhurst is going to be telling. If we can recover and take care of business against a team that we should definitely beat, I think we can get back into the race in the ECAC. If we lose/blow a late lead, we could be in for a long haul. It's early and we have 15 ECAC games left to recover.

Take both this weekend, use the week off to make sure our heads are on straight for the home weekend against Princeton/Quinnipiac (who is looking like a powerhouse, yet again), and take at least 3 there and we'll be right back on track.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                FD has a great point about the ECAC championship weekend, I hope to heck I'm wrong but I believe we are just a middle of the pack team led by OGC.
                Oh look, it's another guy who doesn't show up unless the team has some struggles.

Comment

Oh look, it's another guy who doesn't show up unless the team has some struggles.
                  With all of us posting this, and for the record no I did not tell them to post here, there might be something to it.

Comment

With all of us posting this, and for the record no I did not tell them to post here, there might be something to it.
                    I mean, "all of us" is you and one other guy, and you've been met with nothing but criticism.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      I mean, "all of us" is you and one other guy, and you've been met with nothing but criticism.
                      There are a number of other posters who have posted this. Maybe not at this particular moment, but have from time to time; I don't recall if you were yet a member of USCHO when that happened. For the most part, Red Cloud waved his *ahem* to try to force them out. However, Red Cloud will not be intimidating anyone here any longer.

Obviously next week is non-league play, but we do get back into league play in three weeks, and we play another opponent where we have gone 1-4-1 in the past three years. Further discussion to ensue upon completion of the Mercyhurst series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        Keep drinking the Kool Aid, I happen to be getting a little sick of the flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                          Keep drinking the Kool Aid, I happen to be getting a little sick of the flavor.
                          Oh, yeah. A 2nd place finish last year and high expectations for this year is sickening. Keep on keeping on, Big Jim. Can't wait to see you disappear like a fart in the wind after the next win.

Comment

Oh, yeah. A 2nd place finish last year and high expectations for this year is sickening. Keep on keeping on, Big Jim. Can't wait to see you disappear like a fart in the wind after the next win.
                            You don't get banners for second place. Unless you're Union and want to pump yourself up with wording for banners, of course.

Comment

Didn't see this posted (apologies if I missed it)... here is Ed Weaver's article about the weekend: http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...d-sweep-of-rpi
                              Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

I think a few on here are getting too caught up with the name on the front of the jersey instead of the team RPI has trouble with. This team has been to 3 straight NCAA tourneys, 1 Frozen Four and destroyed a very good BC team in last years tourney. Union is a faster, more crisp team than RPI. They beat RPI 3 times last year yet RPI pulled themselves together and leapfrogged Union in the ECAC standings at the end of the year to finish 2nd. Now if we stop worrying about Union, because I'm sure the team is, the goal is to finish top 4 and make it to Lake Placid. Anything less than that and we can have discussion in March on why this season didn't turn out as expected. A lot of hockey to be played.

Comment

Working...
                                X