PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69

Red Cloud
12-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Well, for starters, because RPI is playing Quinnipiac this Friday night.

If, going into Friday night's game, our team's focus is fixated on the team they played three weeks before, they'll really be in trouble.

Yeah, but everyone should have the same fixation as FlagDUD, don't you see?

ibanezist00
12-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Yeah, but everyone should have the same fixation as FlagDUD, don't you see?

Lose to Union: APPERT NEEDS TO BE FIRED.

Possibly lose to Qpac: Meh, they're Qpac, and we tried.

FlagDUDE08
12-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Lose to Union: APPERT NEEDS TO BE FIRED.

Possibly lose to Qpac: Meh, they're Qpac, and we tried.

One team the coach placed emphasis upon the game by using the word "rival". If he kept saying that it was just four points, there would never have been any sort of backlash, and I mean that sincerely. Once again, things are taken out of context and spun in order to protect Kim Jong RedCloud's image.

Red Cloud
12-02-2013, 02:27 PM
One team the coach placed emphasis upon the game by using the word "rival". If he kept saying that it was just four points, there would never have been any sort of backlash, and I mean that sincerely. Once again, things are taken out of context and spun in order to protect Kim Jong RedCloud's image.

This is hilarious, from start to finish.

Red Cloud
12-02-2013, 02:45 PM
I must apologize. My research tells me that this is not the first time such complaints have been lodged...

FEB. 8 1958

TO: EDITOR, TROY TIMES RECORD

MR EDITOR {STOP} I WRITE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE RPI COACH {STOP} IT IS CLEAR HIS INCOMPETENCE HAS REACHED NEW HIGHS {STOP} MY WOMAN FRIEND CABLES ME FROM POTSDAM {STOP} RPI LOSES TO CLARKSON 4 TO 3 {STOP} MR HARKNESS MUST RESIGN HIS STATION PROMPTLY {STOP} CLARKSON IS A RIVAL YET ONE VICTORY IN EIGHT CONTESTS {STOP} THE ONE VICTORY BY MEANS OF ADDITIONAL TIME ADDED {STOP} HE HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING {STOP} MY FRIEND LARGE JAMES AGREES

BANNERGENTLEMAN48

hockeymascot
12-02-2013, 03:38 PM
I must apologize. My research tells me that this is not the first time such complaints have been lodged...

FEB. 8 1958

MR EDITOR {STOP} I WRITE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE RPI COACH {STOP} IT IS CLEAR HIS INCOMPETENCE HAS REACHED NEW HIGHS {STOP} MY WOMAN FRIEND CABLES ME FROM POTSDAM {STOP} RPI LOSES TO CLARKSON 4 TO 3 {STOP} MR HARKNESS MUST RESIGN HIS STATION PROMPTLY {STOP} CLARKSON IS A RIVAL YET ONE VICTORY IN EIGHT CONTESTS {STOP} THE ONE VICTORY BY MEANS OF ADDITIONAL TIME ADDED {STOP} HE HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING {STOP} MY FRIEND LARGE JAMES AGREES

BANNERGENTLEMAN48

This is in itself laughable!! Different time, different team, different coach........not even comparable. Mission accomplished!:)

Red Cloud
12-02-2013, 04:20 PM
This is in itself laughable!! Different time, different team, different coach........not even comparable. Mission accomplished!:)

Congratulations on missing the point, good sir. You appear to have missed what the comparison was, but I wasn't exactly holding my breath. :)

Ralph Baer
12-02-2013, 04:26 PM

FEB. 8 1958

BANNERGENTLEMAN48

QFT :D

with the exception of the fact that a member of the class of '48 graduated while there was no hockey program and probably wouldn't care that much

DrDemento
12-02-2013, 05:38 PM
No. I didn't eat any at all.

I suppose most species do not cannibalize their own.:rolleyes:(only kidding of course)

DrDemento
12-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Before the last game, SA said that the team was a bit banged up, and some of the players were playing through injuries.
I think that we will get more from not playing this weekend, than we would have if we played.
A really good week of practice will get us ready for the upcoming games.

EHF-wish i could go along with that but we often lose more players in practice than during games. Not exactly sure why, but surely that should not be the case.

DrDemento
12-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Interesting state from USCHO ECAC blog: RPIís 14.3 percent shooting percentage is the best in the country. :eek:

Perhaps indicates that we just do not shoot often enough? I would rather see us shoot more often perhaps with a lower percentage, but score a few more goals. For me it is just about goals-how many you score and how many you allow-that is the statistic that means most to me.

DrDemento
12-02-2013, 05:43 PM

FEB. 8 1958

BANNERGENTLEMAN48

Could not agree more-I think Coach Hakrness should be fired immediately, if not sooner. He has not led us to a single victory in the last 50 years and that is just unacceptable.;)

Beman
12-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Wow someone on this board has a real man crush on Seth.

Red Cloud
12-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Wow someone on this board has a real man crush on Seth.

Defending absurd attacks upon him equals a man crush? Well, alrighty then.

FlagDUDE08
12-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Defending absurd attacks upon him equals a man crush? Well, alrighty then.

So long as you aren't conveniently turning the other cheek when one of your goals of what to see is not met. If someone does a bad job, they'll hear from me. If someone does a good job, they'll hear from me.

Red Cloud
12-02-2013, 08:04 PM
So long as you aren't conveniently turning the other cheek when one of your goals of what to see is not met. If someone does a bad job, they'll hear from me. If someone does a good job, they'll hear from me.

Good to know you'll always have your finger in the air to let us know the wind's blowing east when it's blowing south.

You want the man fired mere months after he finished leading the team to its best ECAC finish in 20 years because they lost two games to Union that were tight in the 3rd period. Do you realize how stupid this sounds?

Of course you don't.

Ralph Baer
12-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Good to know you'll always have your finger in the air to let us know the wind's blowing east when it's blowing south.

You want the man fired mere months after he finished leading the team to its best ECAC finish in 20 years because they lost two games to Union that were tight in the 3rd period. Do you realize how stupid this sounds?

Of course you don't.

And that best finish was despite also losing the Union games.

FlagDUDE08
12-03-2013, 08:37 AM

Of course you don't.

You really want someone gloating about a rival and then subsequently perennially losing to them? Appert brought what I posted upon himself. And if you think 4-1 is a close game, then you truly are trying to sell Kool-Aid to these posters.

Red Cloud
12-03-2013, 10:15 AM
You really want someone gloating about a rival and then subsequently perennially losing to them? Appert brought what I posted upon himself. And if you think 4-1 is a close game, then you truly are trying to sell Kool-Aid to these posters.

A few things here.

1) Who's "gloating about a rival?" Exactly what would that entail, and why is it so horrible in the context of losing to them in the bigger picture? Are you honestly trying to tell me that the team's performance over the course of 22 ECAC contests is subsumed by their performance in 2 ECAC contests and one non-conference game?

I'm sure you are, considering that you once thought that his performance in ONE league game (Freakout) had serious bearing on his standing.

2) You have delusions of grandeur if you think Appert A) cares what you think or B) is concerned about "what you posted."

3) If you don't think a game that was 2-1 with five minutes left to play was close, please, for the love of God, tell me you didn't actually graduate from RPI, because any alum's degree is seriously devalued by such a revelation.

hockeymascot
12-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Congratulations on missing the point, good sir. You appear to have missed what the comparison was, but I wasn't exactly holding my breath. :)

I did not miss the point. You are creating a fictitious situation where Harkness loses to Clarkson, a rival in his days, and someone calling for his head.......comparing that to Appert losing to Union (10X in a row I might add), a rival according to Appert in present day, and some calling for his head. You did it in a humorous fashion.....which I said you accomplished that because comparing Appert to Harkness in itself is laughable.;)