This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Why did Babe Ruth switch his curse from the Red Sox to us?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

WHOSE SHOES?!

OUR SHOES!!!a
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

OUR SHOES!

At least it's not a total sweep this weekend. Let's see if we can get the rubber match tonight.
        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 11-16-2013, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          OUR SHOES!

At least it's not a total sweep this weekend. Let's see if we can get the rubber match tonight.

31-28 winning with a late score on their turf. We finish the season at 5-5 and at least knowing that we have beaten our biggest football rival who has beaten us more times than I care to remember. Now let's take it to them tonight and get back to making this a successful hockey campaign. Go Red!!!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Because I'd just want to jump off again come March?

What makes you think that we wouldn't push you?
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
              What makes you think that we wouldn't push you?
              Because you would have done it already.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                31-28 winning with a late score on their turf. We finish the season at 5-5 and at least knowing that we have beaten our biggest football rival who has beaten us more times than I care to remember. Now let's take it to them tonight and get back to making this a successful hockey campaign. Go Red!!!
                The RPI women beat Brown 4-1. Let's make it three for the day.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Tonight: cleaner passes, don't let Union D get to puck first.
                  Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                    Seth has/had about 20 hours to figure out how to deal with the speed of Union's game. 2 takes from last night. When Union dumps the puck in, their forwards seem to be at full stride when they hit the blue line and they ended up beating the RPI D to the puck. Second seems simple and picky but the clean handling of passes by Union led to more puck possession and more clean scoring chances. Tinordi alone had 3 instances where he didn't take the pass clean and it cost him a scoring chance. See what home ice brings tonight.
                    John thats not what I saw I belive man for man up and down the line up RPI has more speed than U Seth has multiple players that can really fly and had no issues keeping up with BC,UNH,BU I think the defense has trouble handeling speed/quickness from the oppent. I don't see U as a particularly fast team I don't think they are slow by any means but you don't sit back and say Holy Crap ! their fast. What they are is a rock solid fundamentally sound team that performs the basics as good as any team They also pass the puck as good or better than most teams in our league. They are a trapping team that plays a dump and chase offense with a great forecheck and they put alot of pucks on the net and create alot of traffic out front not complcated doesn't require alot of skilled players or blinding speed, but it does require execution and they do that well. They adopted the Cornell model under Nate and in my opinion are actually better at it than Cornell at this point. U is not the only tean that eats our lunch on a regular basis you can add cornell and clarkson to that list and the common thread is they all play the same way. When we play the Yale's of the world we have some sucess because they open their game up a little more than most as we do. 3 things happened last 1) the penalties deserved or not put us back on our heels 2) we couldn't solve their forecheck 3) not least of which their core upperclassman Bodie,Carr,Ghost.... played outstanding. JMO
                    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What the **** just happened.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                        What the **** just happened.
                        You were surprised? We have had the history of self destruction against Union now for several years. They know it, they are well coached for it, and they simply play their game until it happens.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          You were surprised? We have had the history of self destruction against Union now for several years. They know it, they are well coached for it, and they simply play their game until it happens.
                          That was mostly a serious question, I was at the Yale-SHU game.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

You saw four years of RPI-Union games. It was more of the same with lots of dumb penalties.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Be thankful you're now following a team that actually wins.

Comment

Be thankful you're now following a team that actually wins.
                                Oh give it a rest. No, for some reason we just can't beat Union. Yes, it's absolutely maddening. That said, we're still winning games.
                                RPI Pep Band
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Working...
                                X