X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    If threads aren't being closed, why would we need to start a new one?
    Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Tradition.

How can we carry on the tradition of starting a new thread when a thread gets closed when threads aren't being closed?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Oh, and stay out of the box!!(Emphasis intended) Do not give the mice the chance to call 5 minute majors for borderline things(if you are going to take the penalty make it a worth while and memorable hit and take someone with you). And above all-do not give them the chance to put us down 2 men. This is an away game in a loud rink(and we have to know that the refs can be influenced by the crowd on some calls). Strongly suspect the team that wins the special teams battle wins both games.
      Not going to happen. Baker usually runs a tight ship, regardless of who is playing. Obviously memories of 07-08 give reason for belief of bias, but I put the over/under for penalty time this game at 24 minutes.

Comment

http://unionhockeyblog.blogspot.com/...ater-with.html

"Rensselear"
        Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
          If it were a serious source for news maybe I'd get upset.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            If it were a serious source for news maybe I'd get upset.
            It's a good approximation for someone at SCCC.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              It's a good approximation for someone at SCCC.
              They give out far too many gold stars for effort at Union.

Comment

Not surprisingly, last night's loss has pushed us out of the tournament. Even worse, Clarkson has taken our place.

Comment

Not surprisingly, last night's loss has pushed us out of the tournament. Even worse, Clarkson has taken our place.
                  Not surprisingly, your belief is gone!
                  Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
                    Not surprisingly, your belief is gone!
                    What can I say, I grew up in one of those nothing-changes manners. Losses happen, but if it's fairly evident the "new" system doesn't work, it's time to go back to what we know.

Comment

Seth has/had about 20 hours to figure out how to deal with the speed of Union's game. 2 takes from last night. When Union dumps the puck in, their forwards seem to be at full stride when they hit the blue line and they ended up beating the RPI D to the puck. Second seems simple and picky but the clean handling of passes by Union led to more puck possession and more clean scoring chances. Tinordi alone had 3 instances where he didn't take the pass clean and it cost him a scoring chance. See what home ice brings tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                        Seth has/had about 20 hours to figure out how to deal with the speed of Union's game. 2 takes from last night. When Union dumps the puck in, their forwards seem to be at full stride when they hit the blue line and they ended up beating the RPI D to the puck. Second seems simple and picky but the clean handling of passes by Union led to more puck possession and more clean scoring chances. Tinordi alone had 3 instances where he didn't take the pass clean and it cost him a scoring chance. See what home ice brings tonight.
                        I think both teams have good speed. I would give the "afleet afoot" edge to Union's D, but if you combine speed with desire, it seemed Union was a little hungrier, and wanted the puck more. Also, as you stated, Union's overall game was a little tighter than RPI's. I expect things to be different tonight.
                        Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

It's NOVEMBER.

You can't be this vapid. You're just pulling everyone's chain, right?

Comment

I'v noticed Seth is mixing up the forward lines during the game more than he has in the past. I think this is a result of two things, 1) he has more talent overall than he's ever had, and 2) he isn't sure what all his best line combos are. This allows him to figure out who is playing the best during the game and give them more ice time during the third. Bubela was moved up later in the game, as he looked to be playing his best hockey of the season. Schroeder is another guy who he mixes with everyone, which I like. Something to keep an eye on I feel as the season progresses.

Comment

What can I say, I grew up in one of those nothing-changes manners. Losses happen, but if it's fairly evident the "new" system doesn't work, it's time to go back to what we know.
                              We'll be glad to let you off the bus here. Just don't expect us to stop & pick you up again come February...

I was at the game last night. While the shots were lopsided, if we buried a couple of the chances we were given in front of the net, the outcome would have been entirely different.
                              Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                                We'll be glad to let you off the bus here. Just don't expect us to stop & pick you up again come February...

I was at the game last night. While the shots were lopsided, if we buried a couple of the chances we were given in front of the net, the outcome would have been entirely different.
                                Because I'd just want to jump off again come March?

Comment

Working...
                                X