PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

rvd5star69
11-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Happy turkeyndaynto all rpi fans , lets enjoy the 2 weeks off and be ready for dec hockey

RPI_2003
11-27-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm watching Quinnipiac play a great game against Providence. Dec 6 is going to be a very tough night for us indeed.

DeepRed72
11-27-2013, 08:07 PM
This must be my lucky day. I get to reminisce back to the '60's again.

During the 1968-69 season, RPI's freshman team was challenged to a game by Union's club team.

RPI had a substantial lead at the end of the first period, and the coach told starting goalie Terry (Nurd) Jordan that he was going to put the second stringer in, so Jordan could have the rest of the game off. (Those were the days when the Dutchman's Shoes were the Dutchman's Shoes instead of the Dutchman Shoes, and a nurd was a nurd instead of a nerd.)

Jordan said he didn't want to take the rest of the game off. He wanted to play.

The coach said that was fine, but the second stringer wanted to play, too.

So they let Jordan take off the goaltender's equipment, gave him a regular player's stick, and let him play the rest of the game as a forward.

And he scored a hat trick.

Maybe Jake Soffer ought to ask Coach Appert if there are any spare forward's sticks lying around. :D

Wow you just gave me a flashback! Terry Jordan was in my Freshman Dorm - Hall Hall. What was peculiar is that his room was in the lobby across from the mailslots by the entrance facing the frosh dining hall. It was not meant to be a room initially - it was really odd as he had to put up with lobby noise until our RA, Paul Wierzbienic (sp?), chased us out. He did have a sign that the hockey guys must have put up that said 'Terry Jordan Nurd'. I assume because he posted a 4.0 gpa the first semester.

Waite21
11-27-2013, 08:21 PM
Ah, Paul (Hoss) Wierzbienic (Wierzbiniec?). I think he was the only guy from the golf team that ever got named the Poly's Athlete of the Week in my four years at the school.

He might have had a shot at winning it more than once, except the Poly staff couldn't face the prospect of having to try to spell his name correctly again. :)

Stay@homeDad
11-27-2013, 08:58 PM
WOW...This thread seems 2 be full of bullies....Happy Thanksgiving everyone....

Red Cloud
11-28-2013, 06:54 AM
Take caution in your tone with me son, I was standing with Ronald Reagan against the commies when you were still in diapers.

Is it possible you're still standing with Ronald Reagan against the commies, then?

FlagDUDE08
11-28-2013, 07:24 AM
Is it possible you're still standing with Ronald Reagan against the commies, then?

So you're saying that AspyDad fights on the side of zombies?

engineerhockeyfan
11-28-2013, 07:37 AM

This is what happens when we don't have a game to talk about. :)
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

fr joe
11-28-2013, 07:58 AM
This is what happens when we don't have a game to talk about. :)
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Happy Thanksgiving!

EHF's on to something... One way to improve Thanksgiving... more college hockey!

(I really like that commercial for nbcsn's Bruin/Ranger game on Friday, featuring that friendly game of street hockey before Thanksgiving dinner. )

Red Cloud
11-28-2013, 08:51 AM

Yes. Also, I made another inference that you apparently missed.

FlagDUDE08
11-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Yes. Also, I made another inference that you apparently missed.

But what you apparently missed is, due to the time scope of the parties involved, the inference also applies to you. So why should I be one to rub salt into the wound of a hypocrite?

Red Cloud
11-28-2013, 09:53 AM
But what you apparently missed is, due to the time scope of the parties involved, the inference also applies to you. So why should I be one to rub salt into the wound of a hypocrite?

Actually, it doesn't, but if it makes you think you've won the argument, you go right ahead. Being wrong has never, ever stopped you in the past.

FlagDUDE08
11-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Actually, it doesn't, but if it makes you think you've won the argument, you go right ahead. Being wrong has never, ever stopped you in the past.

Who said I was wrong?

Red Cloud
11-28-2013, 10:07 AM
Who said I was wrong?

Many people, with some frequency. In this specific instance, you are wrong. It loses a lot of the meaning to have to break it down for you, but here it is - he said "you." Not others, you. Your status is not dependent upon the status of others.

I apologize to everyone, it's just too funny not to.

Ralph Baer
11-28-2013, 10:32 AM
I wonder if it is possible to start a new thread and only permit badmouthing of other teams, not RPI and its fans. :rolleyes:

That reminds me, nice picture on WaP today. :D

AspyDad
11-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Who said I was wrong?

I did. Kim was known in North Korea as "Our Dear Leader" same as Mike S. is known by that expression by the sheeple in Lynah. Our Great Coach was given this title by me because of his hockey acumen and his prowess at hair product application. Get it right!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrDemento
11-28-2013, 11:06 AM
That QU/Providence game demonstrated a lot of things. Both teams do not stand still and pass on the power play-they either move the puck quickly or they move themselves with or without the puck to open up space. Few blind passes across. They really work the puck and take full advantage of the extra man and the extra space. Also, we will need to find an answer for Jones 1, Jones 2, and Anas. That line looked just super all night. Add Peca on the power play and they are really a handful. BTW Peca made at least a few D Savard moves during the game including a full spinorama. They make a living off of turnovers and we will not be able to afford to give them anything extra by mishandling anywhere on the ice. A very good team with a lot of offense and a mobile defense and very decent size. Should be a real measuring stick for us to compare with. For me Providence looked like the same opportunistic defensive trapping team that we saw from Schenectady for several years. Seems Nate has really brought his system to HE and it works as well therre as it did in the ECAC.

AspyDad
11-28-2013, 11:07 AM

My job is never done.

AspyDad
11-28-2013, 11:12 AM
For me Providence looked like the same opportunistic defensive trapping team that we saw from Schenectady for several years. Seems Nate has really brought his system to HE and it works as well therre as it did in the ECAC.

Nate is a good coach. I wouldn't be surprised that Lou from the Jersey Devils puts him behind the bench of his team... Providence connection, love of the trap. My best to you and Jenny and the rest of the gang here on the board. Happy Thanksgiving.

AspyDad
11-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Who said I was wrong?

BTW Happy Thanksgiving