PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Red Cloud
11-22-2013, 10:31 AM
If the injury did not occur to Kas-if he was able to play this entire year-would that have affected how you feel about his chances to leave? Or would you have expected him back for year 3 as you are for a delayed year 2? Not sure if i am phrasing that right:confused:

Yes. But it did, so that also affects things. I can't say whether I would have expected him back for year 3, as that assumes knowledge of what we cannot know - how well he would have played this year.

DrDemento
11-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Yes. But it did, so that also affects things. I can't say whether I would have expected him back for year 3, as that assumes knowledge of what we cannot know - how well he would have played this year.

Fair enough assessment. Let me just add one further unknown-since we do not really know what the extent of shoulder injury he is dealing with-we cannot possibly know what the surgery involved. As i have alluded to in several posts-shoulder surgery is quite variable and the recovery somewhat unpredictable. Here's hoping this necessitated only a minimal amount of intervention and Jason is back fully and rapidly.

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
11-22-2013, 12:10 PM
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/ecac/2013/11/22/5133878/rpi-brown-st-lawrence-bounce-back-weekends-in-ecac-hockey-quinnipiac-yale

Previewing the ECAC Hockey weekend. I've seen Mercyhurst play once, they've got some good forwards, surprise goaltender, etc. RPI should sweep, but if the Engineers take the Lakers lightly it wouldn't be good.

troyboy
11-22-2013, 12:54 PM
I'll keep it simple. DeepRed72 you should come spend some time in Troy and meet the coach and some of the players, tour the fieldhose and the locker room then you would realize where this program has come under SA's You would have no doubt who is in control 100%. To say this team is not that good shows a lack of any hockey knowelege at all.

The chances Kazzy returns next year...wait for it...wait for it...100%

As for incoming players not to slight any of them but my opinion is that Drew Melanson and Evan Tironese have a chance at being not only good players but SPECIAL players.

DeepRed72
11-22-2013, 12:54 PM
JM-Are you thinking of Sean Kennedy being brought in at goal? That would be ?1988-I think we first saw him in the Xmas tourney when we shut out Notre Dame. I agree we would be up the creek if Scotty D has any sort of problem.

I was not at the UCONN Tournament. The word gentleman would have immediately eliminated me as a possible suspect :>)

However I was the dude running around the Boston Garden with an RPI banner on March 16, 1985 as we won the ECAC title over Harvard. Now that was a team - Oates, Carter, Puppa, Hammond, Dark, Friday, Servinis, etc. Wish I could have made the Joe.

DeepRed72
11-22-2013, 01:00 PM
I'll keep it simple. DeepRed72 you should come spend some time in Troy and meet the coach and some of the players, tour the fieldhose and the locker room then you would realize where this program has come under SA's You would have no doubt who is in control 100%. To say this team is not that good shows a lack of any hockey knowelege at all.

As for incoming players not to slight any of them but my opinion is that Drew Melanson and Evan Tironese have a chance at being not only good players but SPECIAL players.

Troyboy I hope you are correct. I only know what I see on the ice. They may have talent individually but that alone a team does not make.

Red Cloud
11-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Fair enough assessment. Let me just add one further unknown-since we do not really know what the extent of shoulder injury he is dealing with-we cannot possibly know what the surgery involved. As i have alluded to in several posts-shoulder surgery is quite variable and the recovery somewhat unpredictable. Here's hoping this necessitated only a minimal amount of intervention and Jason is back fully and rapidly.

The fact that he will sit out the entire season is extent enough to know that Winnipeg isn't likely to flash hundreds of thousands of dollars at him.

hockeymascot
11-22-2013, 01:13 PM
I'll keep it simple. DeepRed72 you should come spend some time in Troy and meet the coach and some of the players, tour the fieldhose and the locker room then you would realize where this program has come under SA's.

The players have always been impressive to speak to, no matter who the coach was. As far as renovations to HFH, they were in the works prior to SA's arrival.

FlagDUDE08
11-22-2013, 01:27 PM

Drew Melanson is going to take a year or two to adjust to the big pond. Tironese might make some impact.

DrDemento
11-22-2013, 04:37 PM

Those two will add a little more dimension to the team. having seen a lot of Melanson years ago-he could indeed be very special as he seems to make those around him play better.

DrDemento
11-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Drew Melanson is going to take a year or two to adjust to the big pond. Tironese might make some impact.

FDude-Just about everyone needs to adapt a bit coming into the NCAA. It will help greatly if the pressure to perform right away is not that great-if we have enough scoring coming from elsewhere, these 2 can be worked into the line up at their own pace. Have you seen them play in person? I have not seen Tironese but had seen Melanson quite a bit. I do not see him having any major problem with the speed aspect of the game-size and strength, perhaps-but that can be worked on considerably before arrival. I want to focus on this year first-we have a long way to go and i am still expecting some good things.

FlagDUDE08
11-22-2013, 04:48 PM
FDude-Just about everyone needs to adapt a bit coming into the NCAA. It will help greatly if the pressure to perform right away is not that great-if we have enough scoring coming from elsewhere, these 2 can be worked into the line up at their own pace. Have you seen them play in person? I have not seen Tironese but had seen Melanson quite a bit. I do not see him having any major problem with the speed aspect of the game-size and strength, perhaps-but that can be worked on considerably before arrival. I want to focus on this year first-we have a long way to go and i am still expecting some good things.

I would certainly like to watch them play, but I don't know when or if I will be able to this year. I was worried more about Melanson than the others because of what I like to call big-fish-in-a-small-pond syndrome. This year will be a very telling year.

DrDemento
11-22-2013, 04:51 PM
The fact that he will sit out the entire season is extent enough to know that Winnipeg isn't likely to flash hundreds of thousands of dollars at him.

Your point is well taken-I just remain a bit more unsure than you and others. Trust me, nothing would make me happier than to know that he will be in net for us for at least another year(if not more).

Now let's focus on winning two on the road this weekend and gaining back some of the confidence and swagger we had previously.

FlagDUDE08
11-22-2013, 05:55 PM
I'll put this out there, take it however you want: There would have been zero calling for SA to be released if, before the weekend, SA said the following: "It's only four points. There's no rivalry."

Big Jim
11-22-2013, 08:35 PM

Yeah, like we haven't heard this before about half of the team, keep drinking the Kool aid.

fishcore12
11-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Im not posting for the next few weeks to allow all the "know it all's" and armchair coaches to tell us how to run a college hockey program and go undefeated each and every year. Go ahead gentleman the board is yours...please enlighten us. Oh and if your going to neg rep me, at least be a man and put your name so I can wear them like a badge of honor.

Red Cloud
11-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah, like we haven't heard this before about half of the team, keep drinking the Kool aid.

How come you don't run to the board this quickly after a win, eh?

Keep your head firmly in your fifth point of contact.

Ralph Baer
11-22-2013, 08:49 PM

RC, I think that the cure to RPI's problems are that you should start score threads again. Are you going to be up a few minutes after midnight. :D

DrDemento
11-22-2013, 09:00 PM
RC, I think that the cure to RPI's problems are that you should start score threads again. Are you going to be up a few minutes after midnight. :D

RB-The problem is not who starts the thread-it is what team plays the last 30 minutes and how they play them. We have lost leads, given up momentum, taken penalties, allowed teams to hang around and come back. it is pretty obvious that what works for the first 30 minutes does not work after that. Frustrating for sure.

Big Jim
11-22-2013, 09:14 PM

Maybe some fans are getting the seven year itch. Also, why do you like to always like to insult other posters who don't happen to agree with you. Did someone die and leave you in charge?