X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    They saw that Ralph was in the stands and lost their minds.
    Maybe I shouldn't have changed my seat for the third period.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It seemed to me that Super-Hero Night was a flop. Besides for Puckman I saw only two fans in costume.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        It seemed to me that Super-Hero Night was a flop. Besides for Puckman I saw only two fans in costume.
        Also two players- Joakim Ryan (#5) and Dustin Mowrey (#20).
        A neg.rep on this thread is a badge of honor.....troyboy March 7 2011

Comment

Some years ago, there was a season when one of the sponsors for Hershey Bears radio broadcasts was the Stihl chain saw company. Part of the sponsorship deal was that the Stihl company would give a free chain saw to the guy who won the Player of the Month award, in return for which the winner would do a radio commercial.

The first winner of the award was French-Canadian goalie Frederic (Freddie) Cassivi. Cassivi's radio commercial, with Bears radio announcer Dave Mishkin, went something like this.

Mishkin: "Hi, Bears fans, this is Dave Mishkin with Hershey goalie Freddie Cassivi, who has just won a Stihl chain saw for being named the Player of the Month. Freddie, how do you feel about winning this award?"

Cassivi: "Well, Dave, I'm very happy zat ze Bears chose to give me zis award. And I'm really happy to get ze Stihl chain saw. Let me tell you, I really love eet. I like ze way it starts first time, every time. I like ze smooth chain action. But do you know what I like most about eet, Dave?"

Mishkin: "No, Freddie, what do you like most?"

Cassivi: "With one of zese babies, I can really keep my creaze clear."

I bet Scott Diebold wished he had one of "zose babies" when that big dude in the red sweater was standing in front and screening him with 30 seconds left in the third period last night.

Comment

For the football fans-not good news. Lost today to Springfield 35-28. Had a great chance to tie this one up with the ball first and goal on the 3 and about 8 minutes left-but 4 plays got squashed and Springfield just ran out the clock(we have not been good against the rush all season). This leaves us at 4-5 overall for the season.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

A 3 point hockey weekedn that easily could have been 4 points(and perhaps should have been). We win a completely undisciplined one tonight-a game in the past we would have lost every time. Now let's get it all together and play 2 complete games next weekend to move up in the rankings.

Comment

It was pretty cool that so many fans came by bus from the Wellington Dukes (Team bus too) to see Curtis Leonard.....ok, also Darcy Murphy, but mostly to see Curtis
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I got into a discussion with some of my hockey friends about ducking checks-- a lot of us thought it was a callable penalty by itself (it isn't apparently), but we weren't sure if there was a different penalty it could be called for. Surely ducking a check (as multiple Colgate players did tonight) is an extremely dangerous move for both the check receiver and especially the person throwing the check. The Miller kneeing penalty and game misconduct looked to me like it was the result of a Colgate player dodging a check by Miller. MAYBE two minutes for incidental contact, but definitely not the 5 and a game that was issued, and a lot of us felt that Colgate should have been given the penalty instead for the dangerous play.
                  Season ticket holder since 2007. I BELIEVE IN SETH APPERT.

Comment

How much is a individual game ticket? Thinking bout coming up in a month and the website doesn't tell me anything except I have to call Monday
                    Quinnipiac University '15
                    ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                    ECAC Championship: 2016
                    NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                    NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                    Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Originally posted by NBinks View Post
                      I got into a discussion with some of my hockey friends about ducking checks-- a lot of us thought it was a callable penalty by itself (it isn't apparently), but we weren't sure if there was a different penalty it could be called for. Surely ducking a check (as multiple Colgate players did tonight) is an extremely dangerous move for both the check receiver and especially the person throwing the check. The Miller kneeing penalty and game misconduct looked to me like it was the result of a Colgate player dodging a check by Miller. MAYBE two minutes for incidental contact, but definitely not the 5 and a game that was issued, and a lot of us felt that Colgate should have been given the penalty instead for the dangerous play.
                      Usually, when you see a game when one team gets 3 five minute penalties for checks you would have to say that they were head-hunting, but this was a strange series of calls. In a way, I don't blame the refs because all 3 calls were potential serious injury situations and in the time that you have to make a split second decision you maybe have to call them for 5 minute majors. But you are right, in two of the cases it looked worse because the Colgate player tried to dodge what otherwise would have been a clean check and exposed himself to a more dangerous hit. In the other case (Curadi hit) a big guy probably should have held back on a hit from behind but it ended up being worse than it would have been otherwise because it was a small guy on the other end. Fifteen minutes of penalties was a bit of a raw deal for RPI but I don't fault the refs for trying to keep the game safe. With the benefit of replay they might have called it differently.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                        How much is a individual game ticket? Thinking bout coming up in a month and the website doesn't tell me
                        $12 except for premium games, Cornell, Union, Brown (Big Red Freakout), and Clarkson (Senior night) which are $15. Prices are $9 for children and seniors, and $11 for children and seniors for premium games. RPI students $5.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ed Weaver's article http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...hammer-colgate

“I have never seen anything like that in my life...no really, I’ve never seen anything like that,” said RPI coach Seth Appert. “I have no idea what just happened the past two hours of my life. All I know is, we got two points and that’s what’s important.”
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by NBinks View Post
                            If I was being kind, I would have called the 3 major penalties borderline(at best). The Curadi hit was not up against the boards and not even close to the boards. The simple fact was a case of newton's Third Law. A really big boy hit a much smaller boy who was turned sideways but at the last second turned his back a bit more. Was it a hit from behind? Yes and probably a 2 minute penalty. But the smaller guy went flying as if shot out of a cannon and slid towards the boards. No injury/ no intent/ that was it. If the officials were THAT sure of the call-Luke would have been tossed along with the 5 minutes.
                            The other calls-Schroeder's hit looked clean to me and coach SA said as much in his interview. Unfortunately the officiating crews vary-some good some not so good. And this was a case that the not so good had a bad night. Thankfully calling us for 3 questionable majors, 41 minutes of penalties, while at the same time the opposition was whistled for 6 minutes(2 of which came at the very end as perhaps a make up call) did not affect the outcome. As SA indicated-we are were the second least penalized team in the nation-less than 8 minutes per game called in CLOSE hard fought games. Even the night before against Cornell, we were called for more penalties than they were and they are one of the highest penalized teams in the nations. Just a bit difficult to explain.
                            One of the very sad things is that history has taught us some officials make calls by reputation-and last night may have tarnished our reputation as a clean team that plays hard without taking penalties. We shall see next weekend in what promises to be a very physical two games. Just my 2¢

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              If I was being kind, I would have called the 3 major penalties borderline(at best). The Curadi hit was not up against the boards and not even close to the boards. The simple fact was a case of newton's Third Law. A really big boy hit a much smaller boy who was turned sideways but at the last second turned his back a bit more. Was it a hit from behind? Yes and probably a 2 minute penalty. But the smaller guy went flying as if shot out of a cannon and slid towards the boards. No injury/ no intent/ that was it. If the officials were THAT sure of the call-Luke would have been tossed along with the 5 minutes.
                              The other calls-Schroeder's hit looked clean to me and coach SA said as much in his interview. Unfortunately the officiating crews vary-some good some not so good. And this was a case that the not so good had a bad night. Thankfully calling us for 3 questionable majors, 41 minutes of penalties, while at the same time the opposition was whistled for 6 minutes(2 of which came at the very end as perhaps a make up call) did not affect the outcome. As SA indicated-we are were the second least penalized team in the nation-less than 8 minutes per game called in CLOSE hard fought games. Even the night before against Cornell, we were called for more penalties than they were and they are one of the highest penalized teams in the nations. Just a bit difficult to explain.
                              One of the very sad things is that history has taught us some officials make calls by reputation-and last night may have tarnished our reputation as a clean team that plays hard without taking penalties. We shall see next weekend in what promises to be a very physical two games. Just my 2¢
                              Well put indictment of Paul Stewart. The bias that I have talked about exists.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

The following is for Higgsie's old man.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWSsIbsp3jQ

Harold keep it in the short grass.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X