X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

I was reading the Cornell game notes and came across

NOW THAT’S A STREAK
    It has been 1,519 games since the Big Red has been shutout in back-to-back contests — a streak that could come to an end Friday if Rensselaer holds Cornell scoreless. The streak dates back December 1963 with games vs. Clarkson and St. Lawrence.
    Although I would settle for any kind of win, it would be nice.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by red cloud View Post
      Dumbass all weekend? Fun.
      fyp.
      Originally posted by moe24
      Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Dumas all weekend? Fun.
        ah, one of my favorite scenes in The Shawshank Redemption. Nice touch!
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I was reading the Cornell game notes and came across

Although I would settle for any kind of win, it would be nice.
          Diebold has only had one shutout in his career, and that was vs. RIT. He did have one vs. Acadia.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Dumas all weekend? Fun.
            Is there going to be some Shattie line work to go with it?

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
              fyp.
              Well, double dumbass on you!
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                Wishing Kasdorf a speedy and full recovery. He is a very talented individual.
                What was that about a broken bone or bone fragments? I had not seen any mention of that kind of injury before this article.
                I read what you did. I had not heard about any sort of broken bone either. The shoulder doesn't have too many choices of what can be broken so if that statement is to be believed it could be scapula, clavicle or humerous. The only easily broken one is the clavicle-the others normally require major impact force. I have no idea what is being alluded to. Bone fragments? Could be miniscule little calcifications, or larger and more serious. If a broken bone or large fragments were found-and they would have on the first exam-I would wonder why there was any discussion of rehab? I do not know how rehabilitation dissoves fragments or repairs a bone.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I was at the Yale-Clarkson game Dumas did last weekend and thought he was just terrible. Seemed very one-sided and the game was close to getting out of hand a few times after a few apparent missed calls.

Comment

Times Union article today on Kasdorf. Little new info but requotes Appert on the broken bone, etc. Interesting also that Winnipeg medical staff also has had some involvement. http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...ar-4962309.php

Comment

The RPI Student Union posted a list of the theme nights for men's hockey games for the rest of this season:

Find it hard to believe that they're holding Military Appreciation Night in February instead of near Veteran's Day in November. One would think that it makes more sense to have "Summer @ Rensselaer Night" in February, closer to summertime.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                        Times Union article today on Kasdorf. Little new info but requotes Appert on the broken bone, etc. Interesting also that Winnipeg medical staff also has had some involvement. http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...ar-4962309.php
                        Makes complete sense that Winnipeg medical staff have had involvement.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...greg-carey-slu

RPI's Brock Higgs among 20 candidates for Senior CLASS Award.
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Diebold has only had one shutout in his career, and that was vs. RIT. He did have one vs. Acadia.
                            I could care less about shutouts - theyre pleasant for sure - but the W is all that matters.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                              http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...greg-carey-slu

RPI's Brock Higgs among 20 candidates for Senior CLASS Award.
                              Good to hear that.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI's article on Higgs' nomination for the Senior Class Award http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...107132820.aspx.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X