PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

AspyDad
11-19-2013, 12:03 PM
SA Please use OGC.

Red Cloud
11-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Please do not feed the Troll anything. It will seize upon the slightest crumb as a pretext.

I wasn't talking about the cancer in that case.

AspyDad
11-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Some horrible news out of Fargo that could have some effect on Devito/Wood/Bourbonnais, last years Lincoln Stars HC, Chad Johnson, was found dead alongside railroad tracks in Fargo. This is life NOT a hockey score.....http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/418783/ ......Another article....http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/418783/

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Ralph Baer
11-19-2013, 12:22 PM
DeVito tweet https://twitter.com/Jimmy_DeVito/status/402851721824591872

Sad to hear such terrible news about Coach Johnson. A great man to be around. My prayers go out to his entire family. Rest In Peace

Bourbonnais retweet other tweets. Wood's account is protected.

Ralph Baer
11-20-2013, 02:08 AM
FWIW, Sean Sanford is not on the RPI club hockey team roster for this year http://clubhockey.union.rpi.edu/home/index.php/2013-03-08-02-13-40/the-team.

DrDemento
11-20-2013, 06:31 AM
FWIW, Sean Sanford is not on the RPI club hockey team roster for this year http://clubhockey.union.rpi.edu/home/index.php/2013-03-08-02-13-40/the-team.

Ane there are no Management or Business majors listed. Truly the team is the Engineers.:)

FlagDUDE08
11-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Please use OGC.

Please move to North Korea if you're going to force people to talk like communists.

FlagDUDE08
11-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Please do not feed the Troll anything. It will seize upon the slightest crumb as a pretext.

People in glass houses... ;)

lugnut92
11-20-2013, 01:03 PM
So WaP dropped some knowledge that I was unaware of. RPI's last win in Pennsylvania was 47 years ago. Based on the timeline, it seems the advent of the Pens and Flyers is the reason we haven't won there in so long (correlation == causation, right?).

ibanezist00
11-20-2013, 01:06 PM
So WaP dropped some knowledge that I was unaware of. RPI's last win in Pennsylvania was 47 years ago. Based on the timeline, it seems the advent of the Pens and Flyers is the reason we haven't won there in so long (correlation == causation, right?).

We haven't played and/or won at Robert Morris since then either? If I recall correctly, them and Mercyhurst (and now Penn State) are the only Pennsylvania NCAA clubs currently? I know UPenn had a program for a while...

Ralph Baer
11-20-2013, 01:10 PM
We haven't played and/or won at Robert Morris since then either? If I recall correctly, them and Mercyhurst (and now Penn State) are the only Pennsylvania NCAA clubs currently? I know UPenn had a program for a while...

We have played RMU twice, once in Troy and once in Albany.

lugnut92
11-20-2013, 02:29 PM

We haven't played there since 1972, which is a big part of not winning there in so long.

ibanezist00
11-20-2013, 02:30 PM
We haven't played there since 1972, which is a big part of not winning there in so long.

Thanks. I asked because 1) too lazy to do the research right now, I admit that, 2) I thought there was a recent game played there that we won. Guess not!

jericho
11-20-2013, 02:52 PM

Fire Seth Appert. This is unacceptable. :p

Dutchman
11-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Last year there was a college hockey team with high expectations of success, picked to lead their conference, the same way RPI was this year. They had a history of struggling in tournament play and many of their alumni, followers and their hockey fans were frustrated. They wanted this team to make it back to the NCAA tournament and exceed where they had failed to do so. In February this team lost 4 straight and their lofty ranking in the pairwise plummeted. During the season and in the tournament they were beat by one of their strong local rivals in all three games by an embarrassing cumulative score of 3-13. Their hockey fans were very angry. The players were being mocked and there were calls for firing the coach.

Things got worse. In the league tournament this team did not score a goal in its last two matches. Their pairwise number dropped and they were no longer eligible for guaranteed post season play without some help. Badly embarrassed, the coach and team left the conference tournament without the obligatory press conference. The press howled. Some called for the athletic director to fire the coach. The team was at a low. The fans were swearing them off, saying they always choke.

Fortunately, when all the league games were finished and the scores were calculated, they made the playoffs. No one gave them a chance.

Some of you probably recognized who this team was last year. It was Yale. You know the rest of the story and they beat that local rival 4-0 for the National Championship.

RPI is one of the very top teams in the ECAC and has the talent to prove it. Losing your #1 goalie was tough, regardless of how strong the backup is and we found this out as well. There is still a lot of hockey to play. When March rolls around and the dust settles I am betting that RPI will be right in the thick of things for an NCAA berth.

lugnut92
11-20-2013, 07:42 PM
...embarrassing cumulative score of 3-13.

We're going to lose 5-(-1) in January? That's rough.

johnk
11-20-2013, 07:45 PM
We're going to lose 5-(-1) in January? That's rough.

Huh?

hab
11-20-2013, 07:51 PM
Last year there was a college hockey team with high expectations of success, picked to lead their conference, the same way RPI was this year. They had a history of struggling in tournament play and many of their alumni, followers and their hockey fans were frustrated. They wanted this team to make it back to the NCAA tournament and exceed where they had failed to do so. In February this team lost 4 straight and their lofty ranking in the pairwise plummeted. During the season and in the tournament they were beat by one of their strong local rivals in all three games by an embarrassing cumulative score of 3-13. Their hockey fans were very angry. The players were being mocked and there were calls for firing the coach.

Things got worse. In the league tournament this team did not score a goal in its last two matches. Their pairwise number dropped and they were no longer eligible for guaranteed post season play without some help. Badly embarrassed, the coach and team left the conference tournament without the obligatory press conference. The press howled. Some called for the athletic director to fire the coach. The team was at a low. The fans were swearing them off, saying they always choke.

Fortunately, when all the league games were finished and the scores were calculated, they made the playoffs. No one gave them a chance.

Some of you probably recognized who this team was last year. It was Yale. You know the rest of the story and they beat that local rival 4-0 for the National Championship.

RPI is one of the very top teams in the ECAC and has the talent to prove it. Losing your #1 goalie was tough, regardless of how strong the backup is and we found this out as well. There is still a lot of hockey to play. When March rolls around and the dust settles I am betting that RPI will be right in the thick of things for an NCAA berth.

This is just way too much common sense to belong on this thread.

DrDemento
11-20-2013, 08:33 PM
This is just way too much common sense to belong on this thread.

Remember-the title of this thread is-"Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel". Perhaps we could make the next one read-"Sunny, with a slight chance of common sense".

lugnut92
11-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Huh?

The cumulative score for the first three Quinnipiac-Yale games last year was 13-3. It's already 8-4 Union through two games, so the last game would have to be 5-(-1) for us to end up 13-3.