PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

jericho
11-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Thread reset:

People who think FlagDUDE's a moron: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D^ :D :D :D :D :D

People who don't think Flaggy's a moron: :mad:

That is all.

RPI_2003
11-18-2013, 02:12 PM
So after all the angst of the weekend, we've dropped only a little bit to #14 and Union has joined the ranking at #17.

RPI_2003
11-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Thread reset:

People who think FlagDUDE's a moron: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D^ :D :D :D :D :D

That is all.

I'm trying to stay out of this nonsense... but this is hilarious.

FreshFish
11-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Thread reset:

People who think FlagDUD's a moron: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D^ :D :D :D :D :D

That is all.

Please do not feed the Troll.

PS also, please stop insulting morons.

Red Cloud
11-18-2013, 02:19 PM
PS also, please stop insulting morons.

Great minds think alike. :D

FlagDUDE08
11-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Thread reset:

That is all.

My influence has rubbed off. Soon, RC and the like will be going after you. :eek::p

jericho
11-18-2013, 03:11 PM
My influence has rubbed off. Soon, RC and the like will be going after you. :eek::p

No. No they won't.

fishcore12
11-18-2013, 04:17 PM
You know what I think we all need to meet in the Field House parking lot before the next game and have ourselves a good ol' fashion king of the mountain...I mean heck we all seem to be riled up over the past weekend and have some anger to let out. First one to the top becomes King of The Internet Message Boards. Hopefully this gives everyone enough time to make it to Troy and work on some moves for getting to the top.

lugnut92
11-18-2013, 04:31 PM
You know what I think we all need to meet in the Field House parking lot before the next game and have ourselves a good ol' fashion king of the mountain...I mean heck we all seem to be riled up over the past weekend and have some anger to let out. First one to the top becomes King of The Internet Message Boards. Hopefully this gives everyone enough time to make it to Troy and work on some moves for getting to the top.

Given their respective backgrounds, my money is on Red Cloud for that one.

johnk
11-18-2013, 04:31 PM
. You're welcome to go back to the Fridgen era if you like.

What, an above .550 winning pct. during 60% of his seasons and a trip to the ECAC's every other year. Explain your nonsense.

FlagDUDE08
11-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Given their respective backgrounds, my money is on Red Cloud for that one.

Hell, so is mine. Hence why I'm not agreeing to the competition.

Beman
11-18-2013, 05:35 PM
I think it is funny when you criticize Seth or the team, over the dismal way things have been going and then you get attacked. You arenít a real fan! Put him on ignore! That is soooo good.

DavidSec17
11-18-2013, 05:38 PM
The world hasn't ended. Union is another team just like 10 others in the ECAC we have to deal with. We can't go back and changed what happened. We just don't match up well with their system. As for the "embarassment in the quarterfinals last season", I think some of those people forget that Brown went to the ECAC title game.

Take the two losses, remember that it is only November, and stop lamenting! We're already better off right now than we were at this time last season, and we ended up finishing second in the regular season. The team has their issues, but if you can't see that this is one of the better, more highly-skilled teams that RPI has put together in the last 4-5 seasons, you're crazy. You're welcome to go back to the Fridgen era if you like.

True, It's only November but this team is heavy with upperclassmen , has been dubbed the best team Appert has had since he has been here, and the deepest as well.

I am not defending the Dude nor asking that someone gets fired but can you honestly say you aern't disappointed with the way this season has started? Of our 6 wins 3 of them came against 2 teams (SHU and Dartmouth) that have won a total of 2 games. We jumped out against UNH 4-0 and we were outplayed the second half of that game. B.U. isn't even in the Top 20 and is replacing a coaching legend. We couldnt finish against Harvard and Cornell at home and had to settle for ties. The Colgate win was a great effort considering how much we were shorthanded.

The first chances we had this season to prove that we are ready to compete with the big boys was at B.C., and this past weekend, and we failed. How does a senior D-man take 4 penalties in a game let alone the other calls against us? The "not playing 60 minutes, we need to be mature" lines are things you usually hear when a team is rebuilding and heavy with underclassmen. We have been led to believe that this team is going to compete for an ECAC title and an NCAA berth this season and I still believe this to be true but I can honestly say I expected a little more than what I have seen so far.Im hoping for a bouceback this weekend at the hurst and looking forward to the Q in a couple weeks. To quote Dr D, "just my 2 cents";

FlagDUDE08
11-18-2013, 05:59 PM
I think it is funny when you criticize Seth or the team, over the dismal way things have been going and then you get attacked. You aren’t a real fan! Put him on ignore! That is soooo good.

You know what's funny? I lost friends over trying to claim the exact same thing. Now the same thing is happening here (as loose of a term "friends" as anyone would prefer) the other way around. FlagDUDE08 cannot have nice things.

Beman
11-18-2013, 06:06 PM
True, It's only November but this team is heavy with upperclassmen , has been dubbed the best team Appert has had since he has been here, and the deepest as well.

I am not defending the Dude nor asking that someone gets fired but can you honestly say you aern't disappointed with the way this season has started? Of our 6 wins 3 of them came against 2 teams (SHU and Dartmouth) that have won a total of 2 games. We jumped out against UNH 4-0 and we were outplayed the second half of that game. B.U. isn't even in the Top 20 and is replacing a coaching legend. We choked away the Harvard and Cornell games at home.

The first chances we had this season to prove that we are ready to compete with the big boys was at B.C., and this past weekend, and we failed. How does a senior D-man take 4 penalties in a game let alone the other calls against us? The "not playing 60 minutes, we need to be mature" lines are things you usually hear when a team is rebuilding and heavy with underclassmen. We have been led to believe that this team is going to compete for an ECAC title and an NCAA berth this season and I still believe this to be true but I can honestly say I expected a little more than what I have seen so far. To quote Dr D, "just my 2 cents";)

I want to keep Seth for reasons that I stated earlier.
But the AD and this administration failed the hockey program. When they hired Seth there should have been a benchmark set up. He should be held responsible to meet that benchmark. Either the benchmark was set so low that even Elmer Fudd could reach it, or it was never set.
I liked watching Fridgenís teams play in the ECAC final 4ís. Hopefully someday I can say the same about Appertís.
If Alabama lost to Auburn 10 straight that coach would be fired.

FlagDUDE08
11-18-2013, 06:08 PM

I am not defending the Dude nor asking that someone gets fired but can you honestly say you aern't disappointed with the way this season has started? Of our 6 wins 3 of them came against 2 teams (SHU and Dartmouth) that have won a total of 2 games. We jumped out against UNH 4-0 and we were outplayed the second half of that game. B.U. isn't even in the Top 20 and is replacing a coaching legend. We choked away the Harvard and Cornell games at home.

The first chances we had this season to prove that we are ready to compete with the big boys was at B.C., and this past weekend, and we failed. How does a senior D-man take 4 penalties in a game let alone the other calls against us? The "not playing 60 minutes, we need to be mature" lines are things you usually hear when a team is rebuilding and heavy with underclassmen. We have been led to believe that this team is going to compete for an ECAC title and an NCAA berth this season and I still believe this to be true but I can honestly say I expected a little more than what I have seen so far. To quote Dr D, "just my 2 cents";)

A team can get lucky by avoiding a team. Similar to what happened with Yale last year. If we can take out Princeton, salvage 3 points vs. Cornell, and take out or at least tie Union in the non-league matchup (which is where two out of the four wins vs. Union came, and only two out of the four wins did not require overtime), then maybe some light will come. Sure, we can concentrate on ourselves, but until this coaching staff figures out how to beat the trap, something all of those teams do, as well as how to not choke in important situations such as playoffs or close games (obviously this does fall a bit on the players, but unless the coaching staff can help them to reaction under these situations, the problems will remain), I don't have confidence in this coaching staff to bring success to the program, and quite frankly, I measure success in the form of hardware. REAL hardware, not that participation BS.

FlagDUDE08
11-18-2013, 06:09 PM
I want to keep Seth for reasons that I stated earlier.
But the AD and this administration failed the hockey program. When they hired Seth there should have been a benchmark set up. He should be held responsible to meet that benchmark. Either the benchmark was set so low that even Elmer Fudd could reach it, or it was never set.
I liked watching Fridgen’s teams play in the ECAC final 4’s. Hopefully someday I can say the same about Appert’s.
If Alabama lost to Auburn 10 straight that coach would be fired.

Actually, Michigan's head coach was fired after losing to Ohio State three straight.

Beman
11-18-2013, 06:15 PM
You know what's funny? I lost friends over trying to claim the exact same thing. Now the same thing is happening here (as loose of a term "friends" as anyone would prefer) the other way around. FlagDUDE08 cannot have nice things.

victim of of a Courageous Keyboard

ibanezist00
11-18-2013, 08:12 PM
The negativity... Holy moly.

Guys, it's only November.

11-18-2013, 09:09 PM
A team can get lucky by avoiding a team. Similar to what happened with Yale last year. If we can take out Princeton, salvage 3 points vs. Cornell, and take out or at least tie Union in the non-league matchup (which is where two out of the four wins vs. Union came, and only two out of the four wins did not require overtime), then maybe some light will come. Sure, we can concentrate on ourselves, but until this coaching staff figures out how to beat the trap, something all of those teams do, as well as how to not choke in important situations such as playoffs or close games (obviously this does fall a bit on the players, but unless the coaching staff can help them to reaction under these situations, the problems will remain), I don't have confidence in this coaching staff to bring success to the program, and quite frankly, I measure success in the form of hardware. REAL hardware, not that participation BS.

When we measure success in terms of "REAL" hardware, particularly at the college level then we as "Real" adults and fans have lost our perspective on athletics at any level. While I believe the games are played to be won or lost I don't think any parent wants their sons or daughters college career to be defined by the "Hardware" they won but rather by the person they become from having the opportunity to compete and be involved with the coaches who gave them that opportunity. Last time I checked friendship and respect from your peers and coaches means more that a faded bronze trophy later on in life. Its a game--- enjoy it and the people involved in it --- my 2cents.