PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Red Cloud
11-18-2013, 08:16 AM
I think a few on here are getting too caught up with the name on the front of the jersey instead of the team RPI has trouble with. This team has been to 3 straight NCAA tourneys, 1 Frozen Four and destroyed a very good BC team in last years tourney. Union is a faster, more crisp team than RPI. They beat RPI 3 times last year yet RPI pulled themselves together and leapfrogged Union in the ECAC standings at the end of the year to finish 2nd. Now if we stop worrying about Union, because I'm sure the team is, the goal is to finish top 4 and make it to Lake Placid. Anything less than that and we can have discussion in March on why this season didn't turn out as expected. A lot of hockey to be played.

Very well said johnk. More than a few people around here not seeing the forest for the trees. Everyone's tired of losing to Union but they're one team out of 11 to deal with in the league. If it were Princeton we were struggling against on the level of Union, it probably wouldn't even be noticed by the cancer and his ilk.

We had a rough weekend but overall things are still looking decent this year.

FlagDUDE08
11-18-2013, 08:17 AM
I think a few on here are getting too caught up with the name on the front of the jersey instead of the team RPI has trouble with. This team has been to 3 straight NCAA tourneys, 1 Frozen Four and destroyed a very good BC team in last years tourney. Union is a faster, more crisp team than RPI. They beat RPI 3 times last year yet RPI pulled themselves together and leapfrogged Union in the ECAC standings at the end of the year to finish 2nd. Now if we stop worrying about Union, because I'm sure the team is, the goal is to finish top 4 and make it to Lake Placid. Anything less than that and we can have discussion in March on why this season didn't turn out as expected. A lot of hockey to be played.

Keep telling yourself that when we have to play them in the ECAC playoffs and choke again because of it.

FreshFish
11-18-2013, 08:19 AM
I didn't read what you wrote and I don't care what you said. You're an awful fan, top to bottom.

Please do not feed the Troll. Any reply is encouragement.

Red Cloud
11-18-2013, 08:24 AM
Please do not feed the Troll. Any reply is encouragement.

It's good advice. What the cancer is trying to do was despicable enough to be flatly denounced, and henceforth there will be no more discussion with him. If everyone would just put him on ignore, he'd disappear as he deserves.

FlagDUDE08
11-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Very well said johnk. More than a few people around here not seeing the forest for the trees. Everyone's tired of losing to Union but they're one team out of 11 to deal with in the league. If it were Princeton we were struggling against on the level of Union, it probably wouldn't even be noticed by the cancer and his ilk.

We had a rough weekend but overall things are still looking decent this year.

Someone didn't read how I mentioned we are 1-4-1 against them in the past three years. We can also talk about our perennial difficulties vs. Cornell, if you'd like. Oh right, you're handing out the blinders. It's time to wake up.

FlagDUDE08
11-18-2013, 08:28 AM
RPI 2013-14 Part II: FlagDUDE08 yaps some more

:D

REDRocket
11-18-2013, 08:43 AM
RPI 2013-14 Part II: FlagDUDE08 yaps some more

:D
You honestly think you're worthy enough to be mentioned in a thread title? Wow.

ibanezist00
11-18-2013, 08:51 AM
The world hasn't ended. Union is another team just like 10 others in the ECAC we have to deal with. We can't go back and changed what happened. We just don't match up well with their system. As for the "embarassment in the quarterfinals last season", I think some of those people forget that Brown went to the ECAC title game.

Take the two losses, remember that it is only November, and stop lamenting! We're already better off right now than we were at this time last season, and we ended up finishing second in the regular season. The team has their issues, but if you can't see that this is one of the better, more highly-skilled teams that RPI has put together in the last 4-5 seasons, you're crazy. You're welcome to go back to the Fridgen era if you like.

rvd5star69
11-18-2013, 09:11 AM
Lets just remember we lost the top goalie in the ecac. Scotty has played good and the best that he can, we have to roll with him . Gotisphere is a great player

FlagDUDE08
11-18-2013, 09:35 AM
You honestly think you're worthy enough to be mentioned in a thread title? Wow.

You didn't see the "Fire FlagDUDE" thread, did you... ;)

FlagDUDE08
11-18-2013, 09:36 AM
The world hasn't ended. Union is another team just like 10 others in the ECAC we have to deal with. We can't go back and changed what happened. We just don't match up well with their system. As for the "embarassment in the quarterfinals last season", I think some of those people forget that Brown went to the ECAC title game.

Take the two losses, remember that it is only November, and stop lamenting! We're already better off right now than we were at this time last season, and we ended up finishing second in the regular season. The team has their issues, but if you can't see that this is one of the better, more highly-skilled teams that RPI has put together in the last 4-5 seasons, you're crazy. You're welcome to go back to the Fridgen era if you like.

You mean the last time we won the ECAC championship?

FlagDUDE08
11-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Lets just remember we lost the top goalie in the ecac. Scotty has played good and the best that he can, we have to roll with him . Gotisphere is a great player

Who we have between the pipes has nothing to do it. We've lost to these trap teams even with Kasdorf in net. After that postgame show from Saturday night, anyone associated with that Schenectady program is a scumbag.

sshablak
11-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Who we have between the pipes has nothing to do it. We've lost to these trap teams even with Kasdorf in net. After that postgame show from Saturday night, anyone associated with that Schenectady program is a scumbag.

Geesh, no need to sugarcoat it :D

Red Cloud
11-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Geesh, no need to sugarcoat it :D

When it comes to scumbags, it takes one to know one.

rvd5star69
11-18-2013, 10:02 AM

Not really 2 to brown in playoffs and only a few others after he took the reigns.

Beman
11-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Seth's problem as well as the teamís problem is finishing games. We saw Seth do a great job at the end of last year, so he is capable. Friday was good game against a good team, clawing their way back late in the game was good to see. He has to get this squad to believe they are a good team in the 3rd period.

RPI lost one of the best goalies in the country. You simply don't adjust to that in a few games. The engineers may not have set out to change their style of play, but loosing a player like Jason will affect a team.

Again it is early in the season adjustments need to be made especially in the last period of play. I said before that this is Sethís best team. Seth is much better coach now than when he first arrived, but anything short of ECAC championship game and a NCAA bid would be extremely disappointing.

If you were going to fire Seth it should have been a few years ago. Now he has proven that he can recruit, he has proven he can get a team hot and turn around a season. Last season was an incredible turn of events. He has shown his loyalty to RPI by not leaving this past summer. I would hate to think Sethís got his chops at RPI and then went on to be successful elsewhere.

ibanezist00
11-18-2013, 12:34 PM

Remember how after Kasdorf was put in net, we finished off ECAC play before the playoffs with a 12-2-2 finish (or something similar?) I'd say that who we have between the pipes has a huge effect, both due to their individual talents and the team D stepping up to help out and protect an inexperienced goaltender.

We lose to trap teams because we don't give into them playing the trap. Remember how Cornell stopped using the trap and then suddenly had one of their worst records in a very long time?

As much as I'd like to agree with the second part, we did get a guy go off for spearing and cross-checking and as a result nearly get disqualified for the rest of the year, when he could have easily done neither, so we're not exactly entirely innocent in this encounter here.

Red Cloud
11-18-2013, 01:35 PM
As much as I'd like to agree with the second part, we did get a guy go off for spearing and cross-checking and as a result nearly get disqualified for the rest of the year, when he could have easily done neither, so we're not exactly entirely innocent in this encounter here.

Uh, what?

FlagDUDE08
11-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Not really 2 to brown in playoffs and only a few others after he took the reigns.

Union, Cornell, and Princeton. Gee, all of the teams I have mentioned previously.

FlagDUDE08
11-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Remember how after Kasdorf was put in net, we finished off ECAC play before the playoffs with a 12-2-2 finish (or something similar?) I'd say that who we have between the pipes has a huge effect, both due to their individual talents and the team D stepping up to help out and protect an inexperienced goaltender.

We lose to trap teams because we don't give into them playing the trap. Remember how Cornell stopped using the trap and then suddenly had one of their worst records in a very long time?

You mean a game suspension? Unless the league pulls a richard move, a year DQ wouldn't happen here. This isn't Ron Artest and the NBA.