X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I typically did everyone's statistics homework; I'm quite understanding of how that all goes.

Obviously it's too much to ask for some consistency? Or at least to not be consistently **** in a certain period?
    Your latter statement makes me wonder if what you did was math. The concept of random variation seems to be missing from the equation. Perhaps also a lack of actually playing hockey much.

It seems to me that you base opinions on results. Anyone who has played or coached it wouldn't expect "consistent" results every single game. Coaching 101 tells you that you cannot control the outcome of anything. You can only try to control the process and effort going into it. Having been at the 2nd Harvard game, I don't think there was a lot to complain about. OGC said as much afterward.

Comment

Been on a road trip with the quite potential FlagDUDETTE. Under my own power, too. And AspyDad, she would like to have a discussion with you the next time we are at HFH.
      If that happens, are you going to be dressed like Luke Skywalker and her as Princess Leia and have Darth Vader marrying you? All the attendants can dress as Ewoks, Droids, Foot Soldiers, etc. Oh the possibilities.

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
      Is anyone else concerned, it is now 5 periods of hockey since we have scored a goal and now that we are in league play we have yet to win. I'm already starting to feel like it will be just another year.
      No.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Best thing about Saturday game was 3 for 4 on pp. That's encouraging! The fact that the loss to Crimson did not bother them. That is also a very good sign for rest of season. Looks like Scott is a very good goalie.
        SA said that RPI had an edge to them last night. I think that is key. The engineers need to be a little meaner, a little more aggressive they need that "edge"

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          If that happens, are you going to be dressed like Luke Skywalker and her as Princess Leia and have Darth Vader marrying you? All the attendants can dress as Ewoks, Droids, Foot Soldiers, etc. Oh the possibilities.
          Star Trek would come WELL before Star Wars.

Tea, Earl Grey, hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
            Best thing about Saturday game was 3 for 4 on pp. That's encouraging! The fact that the loss to Crimson did not bother them. That is also a very good sign for rest of season. Looks like Scott is a very good goalie.
            SA said that RPI had an edge to them last night. I think that is key. The engineers need to be a little meaner, a little more aggressive they need that "edge"
            Best thing about last night's game-and there were a lot of good things-is big #5 getting goal #1 as an Engineer. The big boy is a player-he has improved consistently and is just getting better all the time. If he adds scoring goals to his resume, what more could you ask? Congrats to Luke-now next weekend steamroll a few Cornell and Colgate guys for all of us!
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Tea, Earl Grey, hot.
              Tea-Tayor and Harrogate, Yorkshire Gold for us. Steaming hot.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Best thing about last night's game-and there were a lot of good things-is big #5 getting goal #1 as an Engineer. The big boy is a player-he has improved consistently and is just getting better all the time. If he adds scoring goals to his resume, what more could you ask? Congrats to Luke-now next weekend steamroll a few Cornell and Colgate guys for all of us!
                I kept thinking to myself as I watched him more and more this season that he was going to get one eventually. It has been great to see his improvement over the last 3 years. Great rebound win from the team and hope they can keep the scoring machine going into next weekend. Im too lazy to look this up but when was the last time we had 2 hat tricks in a season..much less in about a month time span?
                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Yeah, everybody loves Luke!! Congrats on the goal

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                    I kept thinking to myself as I watched him more and more this season that he was going to get one eventually. It has been great to see his improvement over the last 3 years. Great rebound win from the team and hope they can keep the scoring machine going into next weekend. Im too lazy to look this up but when was the last time we had 2 hat tricks in a season..much less in about a month time span?
                    Last time there were two in a season was '01-'02. Three total, two by Cavosie, and one by Murley. Last time two in one months time, way back on Oct 29th and Nov 20th 1999. Both were by Brad Tapper. 2000- '01 and '01-'02 seasons had hat tricks about 40 days apart.

Three of RPI's last four hat tricks have come in Hanover.

Comment

Yeah, everybody who counts loves Luke!! Congrats on the goal
                      FYP in case Hokeydope decides to show back up.

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                        Last time there were two in a season was '01-'02. Three total, two by Cavosie, and one by Murley. Last time two in one months time, way back on Oct 29th and Nov 20th 1999. Both were by Brad Tapper. 2000- '01 and '01-'02 seasons had hat tricks about 40 days apart.

Three of RPI's last four hat tricks have come in Hanover.
                        Your good....real good. Thanks!
                        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Poor Riley Bourbonnais. In his inimitably fashion Ed Weaver forgot to include his name http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...rash-dartmouth.

The Engineers made the game a rout, as Matt Neal added one goal and two assists and Zach Schroeder assisted twice. Freshman center/left winger assisted on Curadi’s goal late in the game for his first collegiate point, coming in his first game, as the Engineers (5-2-1 overall) improved to 1-1-1 in ECAC Hockey action.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yeah, everybody loves Luke!! Congrats on the goal
                            Luke's tweet on the subject https://***********/thegronk5/status/396816739897704448
                            @RPIAthletics did you make a mistake on who scored the 7th goal?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Commented to babo at the game last night that the pairing of #5 and #2 is developing a lot of chemistry. There were a number of situations last night where one would suddenly break off when covering back on a Dartmouth rush and the other would be right in his place a moment later, leaving the first to pursue another player altogether. It threw the Dartmouth forwards off a few times and was noticeable enough to stick with me after the game.

Also have noticed so far this season how much more comfortable #5 appears with the puck, both under pressure and otherwise. A number of times last year there would be a quick forced pass or dump that wouldn't really go anywhere, just because an opposing player was putting pressure on. Now it's a cool reaction and either using the body to protect the puck, or a much more controlled pass to get rid of it. Result is a lot fewer turnovers, at least to my eyes.
                              APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                                Your good....real good. Thanks!
                                You're.

That's for all your remarks regarding a J. M. Barrie character.

Comment

Working...
                                X