X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
    Ken Schott reporting that Alex Dell is hanging up the skates after the Union @ RPI game on November 16th: http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...-his-final-ga/
    Alex has been doing this a long time. i have not always agreed with his calls but he has not been the worst, by far, when doing our games.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Only got to see the third period last night (kinda wish I hadn't!!). Our guys seemed to turn the switch back on in OT.... Does anyone that saw the whole thing care to comment on what happened after the first period? Seems like we are in this pattern of jumping on a lead and then sitting on it, while our opponents find ways to crawl back into the game. Did Harvard make some crazy adjustments or did we just come out as a different team in the second/third ?

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
        Only got to see the third period last night (kinda wish I hadn't!!). Our guys seemed to turn the switch back on in OT.... Does anyone that saw the whole thing care to comment on what happened after the first period? Seems like we are in this pattern of jumping on a lead and then sitting on it, while our opponents find ways to crawl back into the game. Did Harvard make some crazy adjustments or did we just come out as a different team in the second/third ?
        The first period wasn't much better than the second and third. As I said on the scores thread, we made three really good individual plays that resulted in goals, and the rest of the period we were not very good.
        AS said something similar in his post game interview. Not a great effort all night.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          The first period wasn't much better than the second and third. As I said on the scores thread, we made three really good individual plays that resulted in goals, and the rest of the period we were not very good.
          AS said something similar in his post game interview. Not a great effort all night.
          OGC said that there were a few who were really playing hard, the rest were 'passengers.' Let's see how the team responds during this short week.
          Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
            OGC said that there were a few who were really playing hard, the rest were 'passengers.' Let's see how the team responds during this short week.
            I expect that a couple of the passengers will be sitting in different seats for the next trip Friday night. i know that +/- almost nevers tells the entire story but when the team net is a +9 you have to look carefully when any line is net minus. There can be some very good reasons for it but you still have to look. it also seemed like Harvard was just not being hit-either they are very fast or very shifty-or we just lost all our aggressive nature. IMO it is most likely the first 2-I had been expecting Harvard to surprise a lot of folks this year. A big pasrt of their talent is in the freshmen-and that can be hard to evaluate since they you just often do not know how well they can adapt and make the jump to Division I play. From what i saw on RPI TV(great broadcast BTW)-this is a team that can do a lot of damage.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              I expect that a couple of the passengers will be sitting in different seats for the next trip Friday night. i know that +/- almost nevers tells the entire story but when the team net is a +9 you have to look carefully when any line is net minus. There can be some very good reasons for it but you still have to look. it also seemed like Harvard was just not being hit-either they are very fast or very shifty-or we just lost all our aggressive nature. IMO it is most likely the first 2-I had been expecting Harvard to surprise a lot of folks this year. A big pasrt of their talent is in the freshmen-and that can be hard to evaluate since they you just often do not know how well they can adapt and make the jump to Division I play. From what i saw on RPI TV(great broadcast BTW)-this is a team that can do a lot of damage.
              No reason we should've lost that game with a 3 goal lead. But Seth hit it on the head - All 3 goals were individual plays. As has been stated , way too many spectators and standing around. We didn't hit anything or move anyone away from the net. Good news is , effort is an easy fix and tomorrow we get to return the favor. GO RED!
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Haggs earns ECAC Player of Month.....Scotty D honorable mention for GoM.....http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2013-1...rds_103113.pdf
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Ed Weaver pregame article http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...or-rpi-harvard
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    Good news is , effort is an easy fix and tomorrow we get to return the favor.
                    Patent, bottle and share your "easy fix" with other coaches. You will become a very rich man!!
                    Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
                      Patent, bottle and share your "easy fix" with other coaches. You will become a very rich man!!
                      I was referring more to the very good possibility that a few different kids will be wearing suits and ties tonight... but whatever the case, I expect a motivated RPI squad tonight.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Dare I look at what the weather forecast is for Troy next weekend?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          I was referring more to the very good possibility that a few different kids will be wearing suits and ties tonight... but whatever the case, I expect a motivated RPI squad tonight.
                          After Tuesday's jerseys, suits and ties on the ice would be an improvement.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Dare I look at what the weather forecast is for Troy next weekend?
                            Actually looks very moderate (its almost 70 here now BTW). The 10-day is calling for highs around 50 next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              After Tuesday's jerseys, suits and ties on the ice would be an improvement.
                              Haaa! Very true.

Comment

What did you guys in the Capital District do to FlagDUDE08? He hasn't been seen here since Tuesday's game.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X