X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Learning to play w a lead is important. Boys could have folded but showed mental toughness.
    Great effort, great team win. I was especially impressed with the two way play of the Two Jakes. Woods and JL were busting their tails all night blocking shots and lifting sticks in the lane...brought a smile to my face. That's when I knew the game was in hand. Highlight for me was Tinordi's pancake hit on th UNH kid at the blueline late in the 3rd. Tears of Joy !
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Meanwhile, the rest of us here understand that BC is of course capable of beating MN, as are we.
      Stop making sense.
      Originally posted by moe24
      Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        So? We know that.
        He's good at telling us things everyone already knows - seems to be his lot in life
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

No, your point (apparently) was that because we lost to BC and BC lost to MN that we should just pack it in now, put the sticks away, lay off the coaching staff and not bother getting out of bed in the morning. We'll file this one in your "Greatest Hits" folder, under "Too Many Captains."

Meanwhile, the rest of us here understand that BC is of course capable of beating MN, as are we.
          Apparently we can make his head explode by just pointing out the following.

RPI beat Sacred Heart
          Sacred Heart beat Lowell
          Lowell beat Michigan
          Michigan beat BC
          BC beat RPI

Derrrrrr.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

No, your point (apparently) was that because we lost to BC and BC lost to MN that we should just pack it in now, put the sticks away, lay off the coaching staff and not bother getting out of bed in the morning. We'll file this one in your "Greatest Hits" folder, under "Too Many Captains."

You do know that a couple evenings before, they did tie, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post

RPI beat Sacred Heart
              Sacred Heart beat Lowell
              Lowell beat Michigan
              Michigan beat BC
              BC beat RPI

Derrrrrr.
              And yet, I'm the one that overreacts...

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                Only one that I could possibly think of is Brad Tapper. I remember him having a lot of goals and few assists early in the season that he had 31 goals. But that's a good question.

That was my thought also but after 5 games that year I think Brad had 10 goals and 2 assists. We were at the game at UNH that year (game 5 of the season) where he scored an unusual hat trick-a power play/ an even strength/ and a short hander at the end.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

It sure seems like the drivel is getting heavier.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post

RPI beat Sacred Heart
                    Sacred Heart beat Lowell
                    Lowell beat Michigan
                    Michigan beat BC
                    BC beat RPI

Derrrrrr.
                    Years ago i posted something similar using the football team to show how with matchups we should be able to beat Notre Dame that year. As you rightly point out-it is all an exercise on paper. Means absolutely zero. When and if we paly Minnesota how we do will depn\end solely on how we match up and play that game against that team on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Years ago i posted something similar using the football team to show how with matchups we should be able to beat Notre Dame that year. As you rightly point out-it is all an exercise on paper. Means absolutely zero. When and if we paly Minnesota how we do will depn\end solely on how we match up and play that game against that team on the ice.
                      When we finally beat Middlebury back in 1965 to end our winless streak, someone went through a similar exercise to get us ahead of ND. IIRC, it was quite a lengthy chain.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI cracks top ten on the mothership poll.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

And Minnesota with the unanimous #1 vote

Comment

• Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                            And Minnesota with the unanimous #1 vote
                            Anyone who beats BC 6-1 after what they did to RPI would get my #1 vote. Of course, rankings before November don't mean much. And has Minnesota played a road game yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              And Union didn't get a single vote. Life can be good..

Comment

Can't really fault the poll all that much this early in the season. Although i think Yale is a very good team-as far as i can tell they have yet to show it on the ice so their votes have to be somewhat based on expectations and last year's performance. 10 is a very comfortable spot for us to be at this time of year.

Comment

Working...
                                X