This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Ed Weaver's game-day article http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...-new-hampshire.

Kasdorf has been at practice this week, without his shoulder braced, and said if it’s possible and practical for him to return this season, he will.

Speedy junior winger Zach Schroeder, who missed the final 24 games last season with injuries, and has yet to play this year, may be in the lineup tonight.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Getting Schroeder back would add another measure of depth to this team. Getting Kasdorf back.....well.......that would call for a celebration gimlet here(but i am not holding my breath just yet).
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Getting Schroeder back would add another measure of depth to this team. Getting Kasdorf back.....well.......that would call for a celebration gimlet here(but i am not holding my breath just yet).
        You know more about this than any of the rest of us, but I am concerned that this will become chronic unless something is done surgically.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You have until Tuesday at 7PM to get your picks in.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ntest-20013-14
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Last year, before the team started to come together, I thought that Schroeder was our best forward. If he can stay healthy, it gives the team one more offensive threat. It will also give some of the freshmen forwards a chance to sit and watch some games before being thrown into the fire. It makes us a better team all around.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

You know more about this than any of the rest of us, but I am concerned that this will become chronic unless something is done surgically.
              Based on what I've heard about the injury, I'd tend to agree. Don't want to comment more than that on it, though.
              Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

It is 10:30AM and no one has started the score thread yet. If it is not started by noon, I will be happy to start it.
                I thought that Burgie or FrJoe would have taken care of it by now.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                Gary Player

Comment

As I had mentioned in a much earlier and detailed post-ashoulders are very tricky when it comes to certain sports and certain positions played in those sports. I can give a lot of insight about shoulder surgical repair but i know zero about how much a shoulder injury affects a goaltender in particular. A pitcher in baseball, a tennis player, a golfer, a quarterback-it is a major part of their game and very often career ending even with what is called successful surgery. I can imagine how important a 100% functioning shoulder is to a goalie, but I just do not know how well they can play with a shoulder that gives them 75-90% full function. In the other sports and positions men tioned-that kind of 'successful' surgery may mean their career is either over or signif icantly curtailed.

I strongly suspect that the shoulder problem for our boy Kas is a chronic situation already. It would take a shoulder expert and a hockey goalie expert to know what the ramifications of doing a surgical repair at any time would be. There is a great difference between performing what medically might be considered a 'curative surgery' and an athlete getting back full 100% function and not having some sort of lingering post operative limitations. I am sure that Coach Appert would be far more of an expert on exactly how much range of motion affects a goalie's performance than any of us(including any orthopedic surgeon who performs the surgery). This one is tricky-could be a ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't kind of thing and sometimes in medicine doing nothing is better for the patient than doing something. Just my medical 2¢

Comment

Final Score-Hobart 35 RPI 13. Hobart is indeed as advertised-a very talented team.

Comment

Schroeder is back tonite....

Tinordi-Higgs-Rogic
                      JL-McGowan-Hags
                      Z - Neal -Bubela
                      Wood-Miller-Scroeder

Leonard-Bradley
                      LeBeef-Dolan
                      BRO-Reno

Scotty D.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Schott's College Hokcey Notes article ran yesterday....Kasdorf quotes: " I was doing a goalie session. A puck got behind me, and I reached back for it. When I fell back, (the shoulder) popped out. I wasn't reaching that far back. It wasn't a very awkward movement. It just happened to come out. " ....later in the article: "I'm not really sure what's going to happen with my shoulder right now. We're to wait and see and talk to some doctors, and see what's going to happen. "
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

After giving it some thought, I believe that the team played a very good third period last night. At first I thought that they should have spent more time in the offensive zone, but they seemed to be content to just shoot the puck in and wait for UNH to come to them. This can be a very foolish move, as the opposing team is given far more chances to score then would be the norm.
                          However, RPI broke up a lot of the rushes in the neutral zone and gave up very little when UNH got set up in our defensive zone. Diebold only had to make a couple of tough saves and one very difficult one near the end of the period. But as I have always said, the goalie is part of the team, and every once in a while he has to bail out the guys in front of him.
                          I don't think that it was a perfect period, but we found out that they could shut down a very good team in the third period when playing with a lead.
                          These guys are fun to watch.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            After giving it some thought, I believe that the team played a very good third period last night. At first I thought that they should have spent more time in the offensive zone, but they seemed to be content to just shoot the puck in and wait for UNH to come to them. This can be a very foolish move, as the opposing team is given far more chances to score then would be the norm.
                            However, RPI broke up a lot of the rushes in the neutral zone and gave up very little when UNH got set up in our defensive zone. Diebold only had to make a couple of tough saves and one very difficult one near the end of the period. But as I have always said, the goalie is part of the team, and every once in a while he has to bail out the guys in front of him.
                            I don't think that it was a perfect period, but we found out that they could shut down a very good team in the third period when playing with a lead.
                            Learning to play w a lead is important. Boys could have folded but showed mental toughness.
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              Learning to play w a lead is important. Boys could have folded but showed mental toughness.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                                Kevin was a real credit to program. Great Loss for the program. Thanks for everything Seek. Three words...Our Great Seeker.
                                I agree, and he would have stayed if he had gotten what he was promised for the past 3 years!
                                I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Working...
                                X