PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

FlagDUDE08
10-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Apparently we can make his head explode by just pointing out the following.

RPI beat Sacred Heart
Sacred Heart beat Lowell
Lowell beat Michigan
Michigan beat BC
BC beat RPI

Derrrrrr.

And yet, I'm the one that overreacts... :rolleyes:

DrDemento
10-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Only one that I could possibly think of is Brad Tapper. I remember him having a lot of goals and few assists early in the season that he had 31 goals. But that's a good question.

That was my thought also but after 5 games that year I think Brad had 10 goals and 2 assists. We were at the game at UNH that year (game 5 of the season) where he scored an unusual hat trick-a power play/ an even strength/ and a short hander at the end.

engineerhockeyfan
10-28-2013, 11:03 AM
It sure seems like the drivel is getting heavier. ;)

DrDemento
10-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Apparently we can make his head explode by just pointing out the following.

RPI beat Sacred Heart
Sacred Heart beat Lowell
Lowell beat Michigan
Michigan beat BC
BC beat RPI

Derrrrrr.

Years ago i posted something similar using the football team to show how with matchups we should be able to beat Notre Dame that year. As you rightly point out-it is all an exercise on paper. Means absolutely zero. When and if we paly Minnesota how we do will depn\end solely on how we match up and play that game against that team on the ice.

Ralph Baer
10-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Years ago i posted something similar using the football team to show how with matchups we should be able to beat Notre Dame that year. As you rightly point out-it is all an exercise on paper. Means absolutely zero. When and if we paly Minnesota how we do will depn\end solely on how we match up and play that game against that team on the ice.

When we finally beat Middlebury back in 1965 to end our winless streak, someone went through a similar exercise to get us ahead of ND. IIRC, it was quite a lengthy chain.

AspyDad
10-28-2013, 11:50 AM
RPI cracks top ten on the mothership poll.

JCrawford
10-28-2013, 11:57 AM

And Minnesota with the unanimous #1 vote :eek:

RPI fan 4 life
10-28-2013, 12:56 PM
And Minnesota with the unanimous #1 vote :eek:

Anyone who beats BC 6-1 after what they did to RPI would get my #1 vote. Of course, rankings before November don't mean much. And has Minnesota played a road game yet?

RPI fan 4 life
10-28-2013, 12:57 PM

And Union didn't get a single vote. Life can be good.. :)

DrDemento
10-28-2013, 01:04 PM

Can't really fault the poll all that much this early in the season. Although i think Yale is a very good team-as far as i can tell they have yet to show it on the ice so their votes have to be somewhat based on expectations and last year's performance. 10 is a very comfortable spot for us to be at this time of year.

FlagDUDE08
10-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Anyone who beats BC 6-1 after what they did to RPI would get my #1 vote. Of course, rankings before November don't mean much. And has Minnesota played a road game yet?

They played two games at Bemidji State.

kdiff77
10-28-2013, 01:30 PM
And Union didn't get a single vote. Life can be good.. :)

They'll always be #26, however.

C-H-C
10-28-2013, 01:32 PM
"UPDATED: UNH Digs Early Season Hole - Loses to RPI" (http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/updated-unh-digs-early-season-hole.html)

Updated to include video highlights of RPI and UNH goals.

lugnut92
10-28-2013, 02:00 PM

There's a website that will do this for you (http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/).

Unfortunately, we can't say that RPI > Notre Dame this year unless you include a "bigger margin of victory/smaller margin of defeat" path. The path does meander through some interesting locations (including D-I, II, III, and the NAIA):

RPI beat Alfred
Alfred beat Frostburg St
Frostburg St beat Case Western
Case Western beat Trinity (TX)
Trinity (TX) beat Howard Payne
Howard Payne beat SW Assembly of God
SW Assembly of God beat Panhandle St
Panhandle St is better than UC Davis (smaller margin of defeat to Montana)
UC Davis beat Southern Utah
Southern Utah beat South Alabama
South Alabama beat Western Kentucky
Western Kentucky beat Navy
Navy beat Indiana
Indiana beat Penn State
Penn State beat Michigan
Michigan beat Notre Dame

DrDemento
10-28-2013, 03:41 PM
There's a website that will do this for you (http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/).

Unfortunately, we can't say that RPI > Notre Dame this year unless you include a "bigger margin of victory/smaller margin of defeat" path. The path does meander through some interesting locations (including D-I, II, III, and the NAIA):

RPI beat Alfred
Alfred beat Frostburg St
Navy beat Indiana
Indiana beat Penn State
Penn State beat Michigan
Michigan beat Notre Dame

You come up with some of the most outstanding information for me to wade through. This kind of thing is the stuff i used to do for entertainment and it literally took hours. Greatly appreciate it-now find a way for the Cardinals to win the next 2 games and i will be a very happy camper this year.;)

fishcore12
10-28-2013, 04:24 PM

RPI beat Alfred
Alfred beat Frostburg St
Navy beat Indiana
Indiana beat Penn State
Penn State beat Michigan
Michigan beat Notre Dame

I was denied admission to Panhandle St and SW Assembly of God....

DrDemento
10-28-2013, 06:57 PM
I was denied admission to Panhandle St and SW Assembly of God....

What were you planning on majoring in?

lugnut92
10-28-2013, 07:20 PM

Texas.

fishcore12
10-28-2013, 08:39 PM

At Panhandle St. it was gonna be Swine Management, at SW Assembly of God it was gonna be Hymn writing.

DrDemento
10-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Texas.

Good!:)