PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

FlagDUDE08
10-25-2013, 01:54 PM
How did that happen?? RPI is playing at Hobart at Noon tomorrow. What are they playing, back to back days? I know they're good, but not THAT good.

Hobart played WPI on the 5th of October.

DrDemento
10-25-2013, 02:25 PM
How did that happen?? RPI is playing at Hobart at Noon tomorrow. What are they playing, back to back days? I know they're good, but not THAT good.

I am just hoping that the stats listed from 10/5 are not what is going to happen tomorrow.:eek: Hobart is a very big, deep and talented Division III team that probably could play well against some D-I teams. They might be in the Mount Union category this year.

fr joe
10-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Burgie12, help restore the pace of tradition... please start the game thread... ;)

Ralph Baer
10-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Burgie12, help restore the pace of tradition... please start the game thread... ;)

but not until after midnight. :D

Actually either of you could start it.

AspyDad
10-25-2013, 05:56 PM
RPI hasn't lost Vinesy, (or Sachi yet) but we will be without Kevin "seeker" Anderson who will be going back home to Minn. with MSU..... https://twitter.com/SethAppert

Kevin was a real credit to program. Great Loss for the program. Thanks for everything Seek. Three words...Our Great Seeker.

Ralph Baer
10-26-2013, 04:42 AM
Ed Weaver's game-day article http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/20131025/engineers-play-host-to-14th-ranked-new-hampshire.

Kasdorf has been at practice this week, without his shoulder braced, and said if its possible and practical for him to return this season, he will.

Speedy junior winger Zach Schroeder, who missed the final 24 games last season with injuries, and has yet to play this year, may be in the lineup tonight.

DrDemento
10-26-2013, 04:51 AM
Ed Weaver's game-day article http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/20131025/engineers-play-host-to-14th-ranked-new-hampshire.

Getting Schroeder back would add another measure of depth to this team. Getting Kasdorf back.....well.......that would call for a celebration gimlet here(but i am not holding my breath just yet).:)

Ralph Baer
10-26-2013, 05:09 AM
Getting Schroeder back would add another measure of depth to this team. Getting Kasdorf back.....well.......that would call for a celebration gimlet here(but i am not holding my breath just yet).:)

You know more about this than any of the rest of us, but I am concerned that this will become chronic unless something is done surgically.

vicb
10-26-2013, 05:41 AM
You have until Tuesday at 7PM to get your picks in.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?105625-ECAC-Pick-The-Standings-Contest-20013-14

engineerhockeyfan
10-26-2013, 07:36 AM

Last year, before the team started to come together, I thought that Schroeder was our best forward. If he can stay healthy, it gives the team one more offensive threat. It will also give some of the freshmen forwards a chance to sit and watch some games before being thrown into the fire. It makes us a better team all around.

hawthr
10-26-2013, 08:51 AM
You know more about this than any of the rest of us, but I am concerned that this will become chronic unless something is done surgically.

Based on what I've heard about the injury, I'd tend to agree. Don't want to comment more than that on it, though.

engineerhockeyfan
10-26-2013, 09:33 AM
It is 10:30AM and no one has started the score thread yet. If it is not started by noon, I will be happy to start it.
I thought that Burgie or FrJoe would have taken care of it by now.

DrDemento
10-26-2013, 10:17 AM

As I had mentioned in a much earlier and detailed post-ashoulders are very tricky when it comes to certain sports and certain positions played in those sports. I can give a lot of insight about shoulder surgical repair but i know zero about how much a shoulder injury affects a goaltender in particular. A pitcher in baseball, a tennis player, a golfer, a quarterback-it is a major part of their game and very often career ending even with what is called successful surgery. I can imagine how important a 100% functioning shoulder is to a goalie, but I just do not know how well they can play with a shoulder that gives them 75-90% full function. In the other sports and positions men tioned-that kind of 'successful' surgery may mean their career is either over or signif icantly curtailed.

I strongly suspect that the shoulder problem for our boy Kas is a chronic situation already. It would take a shoulder expert and a hockey goalie expert to know what the ramifications of doing a surgical repair at any time would be. There is a great difference between performing what medically might be considered a 'curative surgery' and an athlete getting back full 100% function and not having some sort of lingering post operative limitations. I am sure that Coach Appert would be far more of an expert on exactly how much range of motion affects a goalie's performance than any of us(including any orthopedic surgeon who performs the surgery). This one is tricky-could be a ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't kind of thing and sometimes in medicine doing nothing is better for the patient than doing something. Just my medical 2

DrDemento
10-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Final Score-Hobart 35 RPI 13. Hobart is indeed as advertised-a very talented team.

Wicked Slappaahs
10-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Schroeder is back tonite....

Tinordi-Higgs-Rogic
JL-McGowan-Hags
Z - Neal -Bubela
Wood-Miller-Scroeder

Leonard-Bradley
LeBeef-Dolan
BRO-Reno

Scotty D.

Wicked Slappaahs
10-26-2013, 02:07 PM

Schott's College Hokcey Notes article ran yesterday....Kasdorf quotes: " I was doing a goalie session. A puck got behind me, and I reached back for it. When I fell back, (the shoulder) popped out. I wasn't reaching that far back. It wasn't a very awkward movement. It just happened to come out. " ....later in the article: "I'm not really sure what's going to happen with my shoulder right now. We're to wait and see and talk to some doctors, and see what's going to happen. "

engineerhockeyfan
10-27-2013, 07:55 AM
After giving it some thought, I believe that the team played a very good third period last night. At first I thought that they should have spent more time in the offensive zone, but they seemed to be content to just shoot the puck in and wait for UNH to come to them. This can be a very foolish move, as the opposing team is given far more chances to score then would be the norm.
However, RPI broke up a lot of the rushes in the neutral zone and gave up very little when UNH got set up in our defensive zone. Diebold only had to make a couple of tough saves and one very difficult one near the end of the period. But as I have always said, the goalie is part of the team, and every once in a while he has to bail out the guys in front of him.
I don't think that it was a perfect period, but we found out that they could shut down a very good team in the third period when playing with a lead.
These guys are fun to watch.

AspyDad
10-27-2013, 09:03 AM
After giving it some thought, I believe that the team played a very good third period last night. At first I thought that they should have spent more time in the offensive zone, but they seemed to be content to just shoot the puck in and wait for UNH to come to them. This can be a very foolish move, as the opposing team is given far more chances to score then would be the norm.
However, RPI broke up a lot of the rushes in the neutral zone and gave up very little when UNH got set up in our defensive zone. Diebold only had to make a couple of tough saves and one very difficult one near the end of the period. But as I have always said, the goalie is part of the team, and every once in a while he has to bail out the guys in front of him.
I don't think that it was a perfect period, but we found out that they could shut down a very good team in the third period when playing with a lead.

Learning to play w a lead is important. Boys could have folded but showed mental toughness.

AspyDad
10-27-2013, 09:03 AM

Learning to play w a lead is important. Boys could have folded but showed mental toughness.

sk8tronthepond
10-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Kevin was a real credit to program. Great Loss for the program. Thanks for everything Seek. Three words...Our Great Seeker.

I agree, and he would have stayed if he had gotten what he was promised for the past 3 years!