X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I would suggest burying some even strength pucks to your whine list. Shots were something like 18-6 early in the 2nd and we had one goal to show for it . Lest we not forget, BC is a stacked squad from top to bottom. Credit to them weathering the storm early and putting us on our heels in third.

I didn't see the game so I can't comment on the PP. We sure as heck have enough skill on this team to make it work.

As many have said -- the beauty of the season is that there's no time for the lads to dwell ...right back at it Friday at BU. GO RED!
    At least from what I heard on the radio, the majority sounded like our traditional pass-pass-pass-turnover. I fully understand working the good shot, and BC's PK may have been strong enough that nothing was open; that's going to happen. I do recall a number of shots vs. SHU. Sounds like the boys will be working on recognition of openness this week in practice, or other ways to create openness without all of the cross-ice passes that results in turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      We have quite a bit to correct. Penalty kill. Putrid power play, which I believe was 1 for 11 on the weekend. Focus on D.
      I think one RPI goal on Sunday was just a few seconds after a Matheson penalty expired and the puck never left the zone. De facto PPG for RPI in my opinion. But, I thought the RPI player in the crease entered before the puck and interfered with Demko enough that it should have been disallowed. The review on that might be the longest review I've ever seen in my life. Thankfully for the officials the building wasn't full because it would not have been pretty if they took that long in front of a full house.

RPI wasn't able to clog the neutral zone once it got to 3-1 after BC struck twice in a matter of seconds. Prior to that they were clogging it up like crazy but did a good job doing it cleanly (much different than the way some HE teams do it). The game got away from them from there.
      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 10-15-2013, 08:42 AM.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        Does anyone on the tailgate committee (aka babo) know if we will have enough room for the 6 burner grill? I just have to double check to make sure its still available for Saturday. If it isn't, I can get at least a portable grill.
        WS is right...if you CAN bring it (and it's not trouble) feel free! I'm bringing a camp oven/grill too so don't kill yourself. I'm awaiting confirmation on the Lot we'll be using so stand by...
        Let's just pray (is that even allowed anymore?) for good weather. If it rains, I'm going to have to see if we can get hold of a pop up shelter...or go in the lobby...right now I'm finalizing the parents' bus to BU so I'll focus on tailgate when I'm done with this.
        RPI Hockey is back and it's gonna' be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
          WS is right...if you CAN bring it (and it's not trouble) feel free! I'm bringing a camp oven/grill too so don't kill yourself. I'm awaiting confirmation on the Lot we'll be using so stand by...
          Let's just pray (is that even allowed anymore?) for good weather. If it rains, I'm going to have to see if we can get hold of a pop up shelter...or go in the lobby...right now I'm finalizing the parents' bus to BU so I'll focus on tailgate when I'm done with this.

Well, the cake is ordered. The Cookie Factory didn't have cherry filling, so I went with strawberry. (I figured more people like strawberry, and hey, it's still red.) I can't stay for the whole thing, it's my in-laws anniversary so we are taking them out. Just tell me when and where to bring it and it will be there. (I'll probably want to bring some home, though.)
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Sounds good, I will be making the trek out to BU as well. Figure why not do all the Boston area schools these next few weeks. NU and BC last weekend, BU this weekend, Harvard coming up at the start of November.
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
              Well, the cake is ordered. The Cookie Factory didn't have cherry filling, so I went with strawberry. (I figured more people like strawberry, and hey, it's still red.) I can't stay for the whole thing, it's my in-laws anniversary so we are taking them out. Just tell me when and where to bring it and it will be there. (I'll probably want to bring some home, though.)
              However you want to handle the cake dealyo is great...

UPDATE ON TAILGATE LOCATION: Show Time 3pm. We have been asked to have the Tailgate in Lot E (yes, E). Therefore, if we encounter inclement weather, I ask anyone who may have one of those stadium/pop-up tent thingy's to please bring it. Should the weather be a storm, I suggest the Hilton Garden Inn and gather in the lobby by the fireplace. We will have to make some adjustments (like no grilling...haha!) but we can still gather...

Comment

Hope to see kassie back healthy soon, Scotty d in net this weekend good luck
                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                  it doesn't look good....at all.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    it doesn't look good....at all.
                    This is the first I'm hearing of this-- did something happen in practice this week?
                    Season ticket holder since 2007. I BELIEVE IN SETH APPERT.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                      When did Kazzy get hurt?!
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

https://***********/PeteCiamandias/s...73736539078656

No confirmation from anywhere but that one blogger... this sucks.
                        Season ticket holder since 2007. I BELIEVE IN SETH APPERT.

Comment

Originally posted by NBinks View Post
                          https://***********/PeteCiamandias/s...73736539078656

No confirmation from anywhere but that one blogger... this sucks.
                          That will make things a bit more difficult. Diebold is a good replacement, but not as good as Kas.
                          I would like to know when this happened. I don't remember any collisions at BC.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            That will make things a bit more difficult. Diebold is a good replacement, but not as good as Kas.
                            I would like to know when this happened. I don't remember any collisions at BC.
                            The tweet doesn't say which shoulder, either. Kazzie was beaten high on his left side on several of the goals on Sunday. The injury might have happened before Sunday's game but had originally been shrugged off as "nothing out of the ordinarly, just a typical ache and pain" until it wasn't healing properly and they then looked into it further. I'm sure details will emerge soon enough to squelch all the interim speculations....
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

However you want to handle the cake dealyo is great...

UPDATE ON TAILGATE LOCATION: Show Time 3pm. We have been asked to have the Tailgate in Lot E (yes, E). Therefore, if we encounter inclement weather, I ask anyone who may have one of those stadium/pop-up tent thingy's to please bring it. Should the weather be a storm, I suggest the Hilton Garden Inn and gather in the lobby by the fireplace. We will have to make some adjustments (like no grilling...haha!) but we can still gather...
                              Ok so I am unable to get the grill mostly due to my after game activities, so Im working on a plan B which may include a smaller portable grill to complement the grill/oven babo is bringing. Plan B also may just be a whole bunch of Bella Napoli treats like I did last year....hence plan B
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

AspyDads friend Steve Hagwell will be on his other friend Ken Schotts show tomorrow morning. Im sure they tried to reach AspyDad to come on...

Comment

Working...
                                X