PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

AspyDad
10-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Great response for the boys especially after BC and Kazzie. I know that OGC is stressing mental toughness and our young men exhibited that last night. Great team effort. Glad to see Haggs is finally starting to listen to stay at home dad. Scottie, you the man!!!!!

J.D.
10-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Nice rebound win for you guys. Kinda strange schedule to begin the year, no? Home and home with a non conference opponent and games at bc and bu across two different weekends?

GRussinko
10-19-2013, 10:09 AM
I'll have a smallish grill and a full propane tank along with some brats and hot dogs. Not sure exactly when yet, but I believe I heard mentioned that WRPI is covering the women's game so I'll be able to listen and post updates from the lot.

FlagDUDE08
10-19-2013, 03:30 PM
I did this last year, but I might as well do it again...

999, WE WANT MORE!!!

fishcore12
10-19-2013, 03:54 PM
I apologize for not being able to make it to tailgate...hard to leave when visiting with a 3 year old and a 7 month old on a "quick" stop in springfield on the way home. Great response from the boys last night hope we keep it up tonight. If anyone was really looking forward to my Bella Napoli treats sorry.

DrDemento
10-19-2013, 08:29 PM
After a very successful weekend-any guesses on whether we get ranked higher than #15?

RPIfan216
10-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Nice win tonight! Haggerty is just on fire right now, the chemistry is coming along better and better, and the speed and skill was just to much for Sacred Heart. New Hampshire should be a great game next weekend and another test in this early season. I watched New Hampshire on TV against Minnesota last weekend and they have some pretty big, puck moving defensemen. Looked like a big crowd tonight, I think I will be making a trip up to visit some relatives the weekend they play Union. So I'll for sure check that game out. Go Red!

jericho
10-19-2013, 08:45 PM
After a very successful weekend-any guesses on whether we get ranked higher than #15?

turk181
10-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Not to be a Debbie Downer but I really don't like the Li'l Bo Beef pairing. Maybe they just need more time together but they weren't on the same page all night. Probably explains how both were a -1 in a 7-1 win.

FlagDUDE08
10-19-2013, 10:15 PM
WIN #1000!!!!!

Or, for jericho's benefit: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D^:D:D:D

Sad we didn't get it on game #2000, but it's all good.

FlagDUDE08
10-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Not to be a Debbie Downer but I really don't like the Li'l Bo Beef pairing. Maybe they just need more time together but they weren't on the same page all night. Probably explains how both were a -1 in a 7-1 win.

I wonder if it was more of a matter that Appert was looking at the chemistry of some of the other players, and by luck of the draw, those two ended up together. Leonard and Bradley are great on the 2nd PP unit, and perhaps Coach wanted to see how they'd play together in even strength situations. I believe we've already figured out that Reno and Curadi are playing well together thus far. Who does that leave you?

Given LeBœuf was an effective -2 on the weekend (-1 by the box, but the goal he was on the ice for was a Laliberté-Haggerty faceoff move), in the BU GA it looked as if he was playing sort of a zone instead of collapsing to mark the man on an obvious break and got caught out of position, and with the SHU GA as I said in the score thread, I understand they were looking to break out, but that's why you have forwards and your D pair stays even with the puck to give options against the press. It looks like there will be some work being done in practice this week before the UNH game.

Ralph Baer
10-20-2013, 03:59 AM
Who is Sam Mayasich? https://twitter.com/SethAppert/status/391761582994124801

Welcome @Mayasich08 to RPI Hockey Family. Excited for you to join our coaching staff.

and is he related to John?

Edit: Grandnephew.

DrDemento
10-20-2013, 06:41 AM

Thank you Turk-i have been saying that since the BC game. Their communication and chemistry is suspect. mentioned it after the SH goal on the thread last night. I am sure, however, that SA is on top of this. There will be something done before UNH i would surmise.

engineerhockeyfan
10-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Thank you Turk-i have been saying that since the BC game. Their communication and chemistry is suspect. mentioned it after the SH goal on the thread last night. I am sure, however, that SA is on top of this. There will be something done before UNH i would surmise.

I think we will see a few tweeks when the games count. When Schroeder gets healthy, he will replace one of the freshmen, and I think that Fulton might replace the other. Wood has been good, but I think he should watch a game or two, he has been good in the offensive zone, but needs to work on his defensive zone play. I think that he is going to be a good one. DeVito is just a step behind him. He also is going to be good. Reno is already good.
The depth on this team gets better with every game.

fishcore12
10-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Solid weekend for the team to build upon. Haggerty is playing out of his mind right now. Good test coming up on Saturday night and then a Harvard team who has the talent once again it seems, but do they have the ability to put it all together. Our Great Coach will have the guys ready to go for sure.

DrDemento
10-20-2013, 08:37 AM
I think we will see a few tweeks when the games count. When Schroeder gets healthy, he will replace one of the freshmen, and I think that Fulton might replace the other. Wood has been good, but I think he should watch a game or two, he has been good in the offensive zone, but needs to work on his defensive zone play. I think that he is going to be a good one. DeVito is just a step behind him. He also is going to be good. Reno is already good.
The depth on this team gets better with every game.

All true-3 and 11 are individually quite good. I really like Dolan on the PP point. But playing together they often times just seem out of sync and it is in several aspects of the game. They have not been forcefully clearing the puck out of the zone when we need to releive the pressure on goal and they have been out of position relative to each other just a bit oo often and it has already cost-as evidenced by the +/- ratings. They are far too good to sit so maybe SA looks at some pairing tweak or some extra practice together doing some of the fundamentals together. It certainly has not been a disaster-with Scotty pitching 2 one hitters but if the games were closer, it could have been more important. Just my 2˘ as usual but even with a 3-1 start and some decent success always have to find something to improve. I have tried to find something to complain about with the start this season of Haggerty, but so far so good.;)

Wicked Slappaahs
10-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Good win by the boys last night. Outcome was never in doubt...a little too much free skating our end in the 3rd -- physicality was missing. A better team would've buried a few chances. As has been said, Hags is competing at another level now -- he'll challenge for a league scoring title if he can maintain this early pace.

Good effort by everyone at the tailgate -- seemed to be a record crowd probably 40+ parents and fans. Special thanks to Babo for putting it all together -- we had a mountain of food -- all of it delicious ! I think a repeat is in order! Looking forward to seeing UNH at HFH -- they'll provide a very stern test. GO RED

Wicked Slappaahs
10-20-2013, 08:48 AM
All true-3 and 11 are individually quite good. I really like Dolan on the PP point. But playing together they often times just seem out of sync and it is in several aspects of the game. They have not been forcefully clearing the puck out of the zone when we need to releive the pressure on goal and they have been out of position relative to each other just a bit oo often and it has already cost-as evidenced by the +/- ratings. They are far too good to sit so maybe SA looks at some pairing tweak or some extra practice together doing some of the fundamentals together. It certainly has not been a disaster-with Scotty pitching 2 one hitters but if the games were closer, it could have been more important. Just my 2˘ as usual but even with a 3-1 start and some decent success always have to find something to improve. I have tried to find something to complain about with the start this season of Haggerty, but so far so good.;) I dont think its a major problem --I think more practice time and they will gel. Seth doesn't have a ton of options, as the other pairings are playing well, so he won't want to mess with them. I'd be remiss if I didnt mention JL's contributions to Hags' early tear -- Jake has been excellent at both ends. His responsbility in our zone was excellent last night -- in short he is fast becoming a complete, two way player. His feeds to his linemates haven't been too bad either. :D

lugnut92
10-20-2013, 11:12 AM
he'll challenge for a league scoring title if he can maintain this early pace.

He'll have a 60 goal season if he continues at this clip. That's challenging (and breaking) records, not just this year's scoring title.

engineerhockeyfan
10-20-2013, 11:16 AM
I am so impressed with Haggerty's accuracy. In the past, his shots would have gone wide or high, this year he is picking spots and hitting them. I am sure that they all practice this daily, but if something clicked with him, we could be looking at a real scoring threat on every shift.
Laliberte has also added to the scoring by winning faceoffs clean and getting the puck to Hags. And best of all, we have two other lines that can score, so they can't concentrate too much on the JL line.
It all looks so promising, and then I remember, this is the ECAC. So I will just climb this wall of worry until we beat them all. :)