PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

DrDemento
10-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Our great equipment manager did on awesome job on the new design on the sweaters. Notice how quick he picks a stick off the rack after one of our guys breaks one and gets it to him. Big man can move quick when he wants. Great job on Unis D-Man!!!! I love em!!!!

Don't you just think we could do with about one less horizntal stripe? Sort of looked a bit like a red and white bumble bee at times. But then again, i was always a big fan of the swarm:) and would not mind a campaign to bring back the bee(buzz buzz):eek:

turk181
10-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Our great equipment manager did on awesome job on the new design on the sweaters. Notice how quick he picks a stick off the rack after one of our guys breaks one and gets it to him. Big man can move quick when he wants. Great job on Unis D-Man!!!! I love em!!!!agree on Dana but the new uni's look like Albany Academy. Not a fan.

FlagDUDE08
10-06-2013, 02:44 PM
I might be wrong, but isn't Wood a little small for the checking/energy line? He seemed to me to be more of a finesse player-- I was most impressed with his laser one-timers (with no stopping of the puck!) from right outside the slot.
Also, I'm back in section 16 for another season and I hope to lurk a bit less and post a bit more :)

That didn't stop Johnny Rogic from getting on the energy line. His size is very misleading, though. From yesterday's game, as well as what I saw him do in juniors, he is one tough little cookie, and opposition best not mess with him. His goal from yesterday was something he did in juniors (although it's good to see he now puts it in). I remember expecting to see a lot from DeVito and Bourbonnais when I went to watch that, and left that rink in Lincoln knowing that Appert found a real gem in Wood.

Senna
10-06-2013, 02:52 PM
agree on Dana but the new uni's look like Albany Academy. Not a fan.

Really - I love them as a change-up. How can you move away from the "RPI" across the sweater though ? Please just dont bring back "Rensselaer" or "Engineers".

fishcore12
10-06-2013, 03:08 PM
agree on Dana but the new uni's look like Albany Academy. Not a fan.

Someone has to pay the fat contact OGC got to stay here....hence the new Uni's that fans will buy.

RPI_2003
10-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Acceptable jerseys include RPI and Puckman. Unacceptable jerseys include "Rensselaer" or Dr. Jackson's grinning face floating in a sea of benjamins. The new jerseys are somewhere in the middle.

FlagDUDE08
10-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Acceptable jerseys include RPI and Puckman. Unacceptable jerseys include "Rensselaer" or Dr. Jackson's grinning face floating in a sea of benjamins. The new jerseys are somewhere in the middle.

Ah, motherland! :D

Welcome to these fine forums. :)

RPI_2003
10-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Ah, motherland! :D

Welcome to these fine forums. :)

Thank you kind sir! :D

AspyDad
10-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Someone has to pay the fat contact OGC got to stay here

Thank God he stayed my friend. The Denver folks were courting me as well for their thread. At the end of the day, I stayed loyal to Ralph.

FlagDUDE08
10-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Thank God he stayed my friend. The Denver folks were courting me as well for their thread. At the end of the day, I stayed loyal to Ralph.

Heck, the Denver folks were courting me for the Colorado College thread! :eek::D

Ralph Baer
10-06-2013, 07:02 PM

That is odd since (Ken) Ralph went to Colorado College a few years ago. ;)

Ralph Baer
10-06-2013, 07:05 PM
QU beat SMU 7-2. Not having seen the game, I can't compare the performances.

hab
10-06-2013, 07:38 PM

Said it before on a different thread but I'll repeat it here. Check out this year's version of the women's uniform if you want to see the perfect combination. Diagonal RPI on the front, RPI crest on the shoulder, and predominantly red with small amount of black trim. Keep them forever, and get the men to copy.

10-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Really - I love them as a change-up. How can you move away from the "RPI" across the sweater though ? Please just dont bring back "Rensselaer" or "Engineers".

Agree, particularly with the RPI across the chest. The away sweater might have a sharper look to it with the white contrasting the Cherry Red.

Havasu M
10-06-2013, 07:53 PM
QU beat SMU 7-2. Not having seen the game, I can't compare the performances.
Canadian teams had a tough weekend all around.

Wicked Slappaahs
10-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Canadian teams had a tough weekend all around.

McGill tied #1 UML. My guess they were ok with the outcome .

fr joe
10-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Don't you just think we could do with about one less horizontal stripe? Sort of looked a bit like a red and white bumble bee at times. But then again, i was always a big fan of the swarm:) and would not mind a campaign to bring back the bee(buzz buzz):eek:

I like the new sweaters. Am wondering if there will two home jerseys eventually... an RPI version (last year's sweater) and the RPI shield (as seen last night). Change of pace is good. I wonder what the road jersey will look like?

Talking about the swarm, I don't recall seeing Puckman last night. I hope this is not a sign of things to come (unless he was serving drinks to Shirley's guests in her suite... the 'Tute Suite, maybe? :D)

I would miss Puckman bigtime. www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQFqRX0Qh6A

Wicked Slappaahs
10-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Agree, particularly with the RPI across the chest. The away sweater might have a sharper look to it with the white contrasting the Cherry Red.

Overall I thought the sweaters looked a lot like Sacred Heart's. I don't mind the stripes, but don't like the Harvardesque coat of arms. I hope the away sweaters say RPI on them, or I won't be happy.

lugnut92
10-06-2013, 08:07 PM
I like the new sweaters. Am wondering if there will two home jerseys eventually... an RPI version and the RPI shield (as seen last night). I wonder what the road jersey will look like?

Talking about the swarm, I don't recall seeing Puckman last night. I hope thuis is not a sign of things to come (unless he was serving drinks to Shirley's guests in her suite. (The 'Tute Suite, maybe? :D)

Puckman was there.

Wicked Slappaahs
10-06-2013, 08:09 PM
I like the new sweaters. Am wondering if there will two home jerseys eventually... an RPI version and the RPI shield (as seen last night). I wonder what the road jersey will look like?

Talking about the swarm, I don't recall seeing Puckman last night. I hope thuis is not a sign of things to come (unless he was serving drinks to Shirley's guests in her suite. (The 'Tute Suite, maybe? :D)

Puckman was on the ice during pre game.