PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2013/14: Sunny, with a slight chance of drivel

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

RPI fan 4 life
10-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Did anyone who posts here go to the open house on Sunday? Visiting the men's locker room totally blew me away... :)

Wicked Slappaahs
10-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Couldn't help but laugh at the T/U this morning (a regular occurrence). The day following RPI naming captains and on the eve of RPI's opener, the T/U chooses to profile U goalie Stevens. I don't have anything against the kid, but U isn't even playing this weekend, but they ran his profile instead of RPI's captains. Oh well, perhaps we'll see it tomorrow. Good thing we have Fast Eddie and the Record on our side.

Waite21
10-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Helps to be a big Division I program. From http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-10-02/sports/bs-sp-navy-air-force-1003-20131002_1_football-game-army-navy-game-government-shutdown :

Not only will Air Force, Army, and Navy play football this weekend, the Coast Guard Academy will, as well. USMMA is the only one of the five U.S. service academies whose team will not play.

Evidently the distinction is between military and non-military service academies, rather than between Division I and Division III.

turk181
10-04-2013, 11:56 AM
USofHockey includes Kazzy in it's, "25 Players to Watch".... http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2013/10/04/2013-14-college-hockey-preview-25-players-to-watch/

RKarger
10-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Not only will Air Force, Army, and Navy play football this weekend, the Coast Guard Academy will, as well. USMMA is the only one of the five U.S. service academies whose team will not play.

Evidently the distinction is between military and non-military service academies, rather than between Division I and Division III.

The Coast Guard Academy has a home game while USMMA would have been traveling, which I assume affects the decisions as well.

Red Cloud
10-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Couldn't help but laugh at the T/U this morning (a regular occurrence). The day following RPI naming captains and on the eve of RPI's opener, the T/U chooses to profile U goalie Stevens. I don't have anything against the kid, but U isn't even playing this weekend, but they ran his profile instead of RPI's captains. Oh well, perhaps we'll see it tomorrow. Good thing we have Fast Eddie and the Record on our side.

The Times-Useless has been clueless on college hockey ever since Matt Graves retired and then after JP Morosi left.

I do, however, find the newspaper to be of some value, it makes excellent kindling.

JCrawford
10-04-2013, 02:21 PM
The Coast Guard Academy has a home game while USMMA would have been traveling, which I assume affects the decisions as well.

Being a D-I program certainly makes it easier for Air Force, Army, and Navy to come up with non-government funds to pay for the competition/travel expenses. Coast Guard's football staff are apparently faculty members at the academy.

From http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9759741/army-boston-college-air-force-navy-games-await-final-approval:

Meanwhile, Division III Coast Guard will play its home game against Western New England on Saturday as planned because coach Bill George and his staff are also faculty members and therefore exempt from the furloughs.

Lt. Paul Rhynard, a Coast Guard spokesman, says because it is part of the Department of Homeland Security, the Coast Guard is making its own decisions regarding sports and "right now, the plan is to hold any at home athletic events."

Wicked Slappaahs
10-04-2013, 02:34 PM
The Times-Useless has been clueless on college hockey ever since Matt Graves retired and then after JP Morosi left.

I do, however, find the newspaper to be of some value, it makes excellent kindling.

Amen.

fishcore12
10-04-2013, 04:16 PM
This seems to be the longest day of the off-season. The dawning of a new season in which hopes will be high among the RPI faithful. Im ready for some hockey. :)

AspyDad
10-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Good thing we have Fast Eddie and the Record on our side.

To me Ed Weaver is a hero, last of his kind, a conservative in the newsroom. Ed I know you read my stuff because you have told me you admire my knowledge of hockey, conservative credentials and my courage to take the league office on. Ed from the bottom of my heart....you are a great American.

AspyDad
10-04-2013, 06:20 PM

Two words...Liberal Rag.

AspyDad
10-04-2013, 06:25 PM

Can't get a fair shake in the gazette either, if you know what I mean.

lugnut92
10-04-2013, 07:28 PM
So I decided/was pressured to make the trip up to Troy for the game tomorrow. I just can't stay away from RPI hockey. I'll teach the new freshmen how to yell at a hockey game properly.

Wicked Slappaahs
10-04-2013, 07:42 PM
So I decided/was pressured to make the trip up to Troy for the game tomorrow. I just can't stay away from RPI hockey. I'll teach the new freshmen how to yell at a hockey game properly. We're proud of you Lug! By the way -- seeing as how you are now in New Haven, we expect you to have completed several rounds of pizza taste testing - and be prepared to defend your position when we visit town when RPI plays at Yale. :D

Wicked Slappaahs
10-04-2013, 07:44 PM
So I just took a glance at SMU's roster --loaded with former OHL/WHL major kids....all of them 23-24-25 years old. This will be their 4th game of the season. I have no idea what to expect from them, but I suspect they can play a little. Hope our boys have their game faces on !! GO RED

Ralph Baer
10-04-2013, 07:56 PM
My tickets for the CU*2 games showed up. :)

lugnut92
10-04-2013, 09:05 PM
We're proud of you Lug! By the way -- seeing as how you are now in New Haven, we expect you to have completed several rounds of pizza taste testing - and be prepared to defend your position when we visit town when RPI plays at Yale. :D

It's Pepe's. No contest.

RPI fan 4 life
10-04-2013, 09:08 PM
So I decided/was pressured to make the trip up to Troy for the game tomorrow. I just can't stay away from RPI hockey. I'll teach the new freshmen how to yell at a hockey game properly.
Thanks for coming, lugnut. Someone has to teach them. Hope to see you there...!

lugnut92
10-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Thanks for coming, lugnut. Someone has to teach them. Hope to see you there...!

I'll be in the pep band corner, in a rugby, like always. Watch for the guy who yells the most in the band. That's me.

Ralph Baer
10-04-2013, 10:02 PM
So I just took a glance at SMU's roster --loaded with former OHL/WHL major kids....all of them 23-24-25 years old. This will be their 4th game of the season. I have no idea what to expect from them, but I suspect they can play a little. Hope our boys have their game faces on !! GO RED

I wouldn't think that Southern Methodist had a lot Canadians. :D