No announcement yet.

Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Bulldogs Hockey 2013-14: Repeat after me.......CHARACTER IS DESTINY

CGYF: I agree. And as I said over there earlier in the week, if you can beat Princeton 2-0 and then follow that up with a 2-1 or better win at Lynah or TD Bank (I know, I know, wishful thinking) that's actually much better for PWR than 4th place, a bye and a home 2-1 win. And, unless we win at Lake Placid, we need all the PWR help we can get. Friday is critical, because there are 4.5 QWB points at stake. Yale has been hurt this year in the PWR by a paucity of these so-called Quality Wins (2 vs. Colgate, the QPac and UVM ties are all we have -- big problem).

Comment

Originally posted by cornellgradyalefan View Post
      I read on the Yale Hockey FB page that fans are speculating what needs to happen with the teams above us in the ECAC standings for Yale to gain a first round bye. I say that it's hardly a given that the Bulldogs are able to take care of business at home next weekend with possibly the best team in the country, Union, coming in on Friday, and RPI, a team that always plays us tough on Saturday. Yale will have to raise it's game considerably to have a 4 point weekend regardless of what Cornell and Quinnipiac do in their games. At this point I would be happy with us protecting the 5 spot we are currently in so that we draw Princeton in the first round rather than deal with the rivalry aspect of playing Harvard, or the very real possibility of being knocked out of both the ECAC and NCAA picture by Dartmouth, a team that appears to have Yale's number this year.
      Has Yale even had a 4 point weekend this season? I can't think of one. It seems that if they lose on Friday, they step it up for Saturday. If they win on Friday, like this weekend, the Saturday game is a struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
        Has Yale even had a 4 point weekend this season?
        Nope, They are consistently inconsistent.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

I miss Red, watch this right until the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2muVp...&feature=share
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Only standing room tickets left for this weekend, get them while you can.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Only standing room tickets left for this weekend, get them while you can.
              Got em! And I don't think I ever thanked you for all of your recommendations earlier. I booked a room at the Omni and will hit up some of the bars you recommended after the game.
              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Got asked by a Blackhawks fan for a quick scouting report on Hayden. Anybody have a few words on this first year w/ the Bulldogs?

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
                  Got asked by a Blackhawks fan for a quick scouting report on Hayden. Anybody have a few words on this first year w/ the Bulldogs?
                  He's a great kid. Great size and LOTS of raw talent. Still learning the ropes,but works really hard to scale the learning curve. As a Blackhawk draft pick, the expectations may have been somewhat unreasonably high.
                  I expect a big sophomore year from him; by the time he's a senior (I hope), he'll be ALL-ECAC !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
                    He has advanced a lot this year. His draft status was based clearly on size, and his talent is growing to match. He's on the line with Agostino and Root now, so he's not required to carry the line by himself... but he's a presence. I agree with yaledoc. Hayden and Stu Wilson will be the big producers on this team next year.

Comment

He works the cycle very well in the corners. Still waiting for that breakout game from him scoring wise. He has the tools, but like others have said he is third fiddle with two great players. I also believe that he still stuggles with the speed of play at the D-1 level. He is certainly improving and hopefully will progress into the dominant player that he sometimes looks like. Hayden, Doherty and DiChiara will be tough to play against for three more years.
                      Last edited by LTsatch; 02-26-2014, 09:17 PM.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                        Got em! And I don't think I ever thanked you for all of your recommendations earlier. I booked a room at the Omni and will hit up some of the bars you recommended after the game.
                        Anna Liffeys has a free etched Guinness glass promotion on Friday night from 6-8. I am changing pregame and going there for dinner around 5:15. the ad copy, This Friday from 6 to 8pm, please join us at Anna Liffey’s and get a complimentary Guinness Gravity glass with your name laser-etched into it. Show off to your friends, make your neighbors jealous… A glass with class!

If you walk there, we can most likely give you a ride to the rink and a ride back to the hotel area if needed. Ordinary around the corner from the Omni on Chapel St. is also a great pub, http://ordinarynewhaven.com/
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Four points this weekend or win the ECAC's, that seems to be the options. Should be two great games.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Pretty even match up last night, Stevens was surely the difference in the game. Gotta make a run in the ECAC's or this season is done.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Pretty even match up last night, Stevens was surely the difference in the game. Gotta make a run in the ECAC's or this season is done.
                              I was by ice on aisle 8, stopped by top of 9 at 2nd intermission sorry did not catch you. Best of luck rest of the way.

Comment

Yup. Pretty good game, but it's now autobid or bust. Too many teams ahead of us. First round against any of the bottom 4: Princeton, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence or Harvard... A combined 7-1-3 against those 4, which just shows how mediocre the rest of the season has been. The nice thing about not caring about the pairwise anymore is that we could even win a 2-1 series in this round and it won't matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X