This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

My view on PC, which might be off base since I have only seen them play four games this season, is that they succeeded early on due to exceptional goaltending and skaters of average D1 skill that outworked their opponents--so they won with grit and goaltending. The goaltending is now just slightly above average and I don't think it's possible to outwork your opponents week after week as the long season grinds on. Also, in HE if you don't have one or two snipers (like Schaller last year) it is very hard to win consistently.

That said, I wish them the best of luck and hope the goaltending and grit kick in again in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by czeckthebody View Post
      My view on PC, which might be off base since I have only seen them play four games this season, is that they succeeded early on due to exceptional goaltending and skaters of average D1 skill that outworked their opponents--so they won with grit and goaltending. The goaltending is now just slightly above average and I don't think it's possible to outwork your opponents week after week as the long season grinds on. Also, in HE if you don't have one or two snipers (like Schaller last year) it is very hard to win consistently.

That said, I wish them the best of luck and hope the goaltending and grit kick in again in the playoffs.
      That's pretty accurate.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

This is now officially getting depressing. Brown beat Union last night. Is PC still the best team in Providence?

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
          This is now officially getting depressing. Brown beat Union last night. Is PC still the best team in Providence?
          brown didn't play union
          pc beat brown easily

Comment

I meant Q. PC beat Brown by a goal in a close game. PC has won 2 of its last 11. What is your point?

Comment

I watched the Brown game, it wasn't a close game. PC carried the play start to finish.

The point was they didn't play Union and PC beat Brown easily. Doesn't look ambiguous to me. Brown is in 8th place, 1 pt out of 10th. Our heros. PC is 2 pts out of home ice with a game in hand.
              Last edited by Hokydad; 02-16-2014, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                I watched the Brown game, it wasn't a close game. PC carried the play start to finish.

The point was they didn't play Union and PC beat Brown easily. Doesn't look ambiguous to me. Brown is in 8th place, 1 pt out of 10th. Our heros. PC is 2 pts out of home ice with a game in hand.
                "Heros" has an e. PC has sucked since before xmas. Keep thinking otherwise if you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by dillon View Post
                  "Heros" has an e. PC has sucked since before xmas. Keep thinking otherwise if you want.
                  PC has sucked since the a Quinnipiac game...played marginal against Brown, terrible at Northeastern and so on.
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

PC is 3 points out of home ice
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Optimism is for people who don't follow this team.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        PC is 3 points out of home ice
                        i thought top 5 this year

Comment

they will play in the garden

Comment

they will play in the garden
                            Please let this be one of the few times you are right.

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

i thought top 5 this year
                              I believe 5 is the one team that gets no home at all. 1st 4 get home in semi's and 6, 7, and 8 get home in the play In game, with all of those winners and 5 going on the road in the semi's
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                Optimism is for people who don't follow this team.
                                You do get cynical about things!
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X