PDA

View Full Version : PC - A new start and a new venue

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58

The Zlax45
03-24-2014, 05:27 PM
That's also the family section in addition to where the opposing team leaves the ice. They think it's a good idea to remove families and put students there? Dumb.

They are relocating the family section to the other end of the rink and jacking those prices up to 400.

PC91
03-24-2014, 05:38 PM
They are relocating the family section to the other end of the rink and jacking those prices up to 400.

I don't mind the bump up as much as the relocation. I'm sure I won't get the same seats at the other end. Whatever. Typical PC move. Break what's already fixed. Students get in for free and most leave after the the 2nd period if they show at all. I don't see the need for changing the traditional student section but whatever.

Thanks for the info. Thanks '13 for giving these dopes the idea. ;)

The Zlax45
03-24-2014, 05:47 PM
I don't mind the bump up as much as the relocation. I'm sure I won't get the same seats at the other end. Whatever. Typical PC move. Break what's already fixed. Students get in for free and most leave after the the 2nd period if they show at all. I don't see the need for changing the traditional student section but whatever.

Thanks for the info. Thanks '13 for giving these dopes the idea. ;)

I am just moving to better seats and giving up the family plan since it was cheaper than two tickets...

PC91
03-24-2014, 06:55 PM
I am just moving to better seats and giving up the family plan since it was cheaper than two tickets...

I didn't want to pry so thank you for offering the info. Did they assign you seats in a new section? I'm wondering where they assigned me in the "new" family section. My invoice didn't come today but I'm wondering if it's just easier to move into the regular seats and sit in a better location. I don't feel like looking through netting or sit in crappy seats. I wonder what they are going to do with the season ticket holders sitting in the seats under the Leary FOF Room who now are being notified that their seats are a family section. Do they get to stay if they chose etc.?

theprofromdover
03-24-2014, 09:21 PM
I sit in lower M. I wonder if I'm getting the boot. I'd hate that as I've had the seats for 17 years.

I'll miss you.

The Zlax45
03-24-2014, 09:23 PM
I didn't want to pry so thank you for offering the info. Did they assign you seats in a new section? I'm wondering where they assigned me in the "new" family section. My invoice didn't come today but I'm wondering if it's just easier to move into the regular seats and sit in a better location. I don't feel like looking through netting or sit in crappy seats. I wonder what they are going to do with the season ticket holders sitting in the seats under the Leary FOF Room who now are being notified that their seats are a family section. Do they get to stay if they chose etc.?

I gave them my preference for new seats and they said they will be in touch with choices in April. I did put a deposit down.

They are also changing from letter seating (A,B,C etc) to section numbers like 100, 101, 102

The Freds
03-25-2014, 12:35 AM
Section E - RIP :(

It just won't be the same. Had seats there since 1980-81 before handing them down. Section 104 just doesn't seem right.

squidjigger
03-25-2014, 08:39 AM
First off, I don't get the game times on friday. NCAA is soo worried about attendance and they have games at 2:00 and 5:30 on a Friday in Bridgeport? I assume it's an attempt to show the most games on TV, but unless your coming from QU your going to have to take some time off from work. Unfortunately I won't be making the trip down friday, maybe thats why I'm so bitter.

Secondly, I know people are attached to their seats but the student section move seems to make sense. Right now the sections on the side that PC shoots twice are either the away seats or the student section. My seats are in lower V and I usually only sit there for the second period and split the 1st and 3rd either in friends of friars or in the upper corner of the student section. When I get my renewal I'm going to see if I can make the move to the "old" student section.

PcFriars13
03-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Secondly, I know people are attached to their seats but the student section move seems to make sense. Right now the sections on the side that PC shoots twice are either the away seats or the student section.

Thank you. We were the only team in Hockey East that had a student section not directly behind the visiting goaltender (excepting Northeastern, who has students on upper level). Also, it was irritating as a student to get yelled at by other fans for standing up and cheering during the game. Moving the section to that end will eliminate that issue. Also, the move takes the student section away from the penalty boxes, which eliminates the need for a member of PC security to come stand in the aisle next to the penalty boxes and blocking everyone's view during power plays (my number one pet peeve as a PC student). I think this move is definitely a good thing, although it is sad that people will have to give up their old seats.

The Zlax45
03-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Thank you. We were the only team in Hockey East that had a student section not directly behind the visiting goaltender (excepting Northeastern, who has students on upper level). Also, it was irritating as a student to get yelled at by other fans for standing up and cheering during the game. Moving the section to that end will eliminate that issue. Also, the move takes the student section away from the penalty boxes, which eliminates the need for a member of PC security to come stand in the aisle next to the penalty boxes and blocking everyone's view during power plays (my number one pet peeve as a PC student). I think this move is definitely a good thing, although it is sad that people will have to give up their old seats.

There is going to be major security issues with the visiting tunnel now with the student body there...remember there was issues in the last game with a little kid and an adult.

Also, Lowell's student section is basically in the same area that PC's has been for years!

PcFriars13
03-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Random: is there any sort of no-purse policy during the NCAA tournament? I only ask because I wasn't allowed to bring a purse into penn state's arena earlier this year.

The Zlax45
03-26-2014, 06:58 PM
Random: is there any sort of no-purse policy during the NCAA tournament? I only ask because I wasn't allowed to bring a purse into penn state's arena earlier this year.

I would call the arena....I would expect them to at least search it

F O F room fan
03-27-2014, 10:26 PM
Cant wait to get there tomorrow! Leaving here around 12:15 and hoping to get there for puck drop of game 1. Got an email today about a pregame party at the bar attached to the arena. Wondering if i can go into the 1st game at 2 and attend the pregame at 3:30?

QUAlum2004
03-27-2014, 10:44 PM
Cant wait to get there tomorrow! Leaving here around 12:15 and hoping to get there for puck drop of game 1. Got an email today about a pregame party at the bar attached to the arena. Wondering if i can go into the 1st game at 2 and attend the pregame at 3:30?

You can't go into the rink leave and then go back I believe.

The Zlax45
03-28-2014, 12:05 AM

According to the email, the bar is INSIDE the arena and you need a ticket to get into the bar.

The Freds
03-28-2014, 12:56 AM
Wishing the Friars well. Just win the next game. It's been a long, long time. It's Tournament Time and my team is in it!

The Zlax45
03-28-2014, 01:08 AM
Been following this team for 25 plus years and this is the first time that i have had the chance to attend a regional. Should be fun down there in Bridgeport and lets hope PC shows up for two games.

The Freds
03-28-2014, 01:13 AM
I've attended many regionals but never with PC playing. I do remember the excitement of PC hosting NCAA tournament games on campus long ago when it was an 8 team tourney. That was fun and we just expected home ice for the NCAAs. I'm just bummed I can't be there this weekend.

The Zlax45
03-28-2014, 02:33 AM
Yea I meant a regional with PC in it!

boblav1
03-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Good luck to the Friars today in Bridgeport. Go Hockey East.