This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Who cares? BC is a better team than PC, it showed on the ice on Friday and they got that call right. That's all you can hope for from this frigging league.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

this reminds me of when there was uproar after umass wasn't credited with an illegal goal earlier in the year against BC. as far as i know, zlax, the ref in this case did everything he could to see if it was a legal goal or not. if they had any evidence whatsoever that it was a high stick, they would have called it off. trust me, i've seen more than enough waved off goals at conte.

Comment

It's almost like TBA became a Providence fan.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          My point is conferring with them AFTER the replay not before the replay which he should do. He looks at the replay, and comes out to conference with them again? How many times have you seen a ref do that? It doesn't happen as the linesmen's opinions are NOT going to change after the replay. So what was the reason he went to speak with Leaman after making the call, and going back into the box to look at the replay again?

The play in question happened right in front of me and Hansen hesitated on making a call on it waiting 5-10 seconds before making a goal or high stick call as he was unsure.
          In 2008 we went to Vermont for two games. Hansen was the official. BC tied it in the 3rd. Hansen signaled a goal, then talked to his crew and THEN spoke to the goal judge before waiving the goal, claiming a high stick. Replays, which weren't in use at the time clearly showed a good goal. Because he left the ice to speak with the goal judge he was sent home by Bertagna and another crew was brought in the next night. Get over it.
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

BC sucks and fans of BC suck (especially the REALLY old ones which is about all of them). Plus I don't care for that part of Chestnut Hill. Just sayin....

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
              BC sucks and fans of BC suck (especially the REALLY old ones which is about all of them). Plus I don't care for that part of Chestnut Hill. Just sayin....
              It's good to have some sanity in this thread for once.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                In 2008 we went to Vermont for two games. Hansen was the official. BC tied it in the 3rd. Hansen signaled a goal, then talked to his crew and THEN spoke to the goal judge before waiving the goal, claiming a high stick. Replays, which weren't in use at the time clearly showed a good goal. Because he left the ice to speak with the goal judge he was sent home by Bertagna and another crew was brought in the next night. Get over it.
                Goal judges are hired by the home teams. PC doesn't even have goal judges anymore.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  Who cares? BC is a better team than PC, it showed on the ice on Friday and they got that call right. That's all you can hope for from this frigging league.
                  Yet, BC couldn't beat Brown..a middling ECAC team. At least, PC can do that :-)

So Holy Cross is a better team?
                  Last edited by The Zlax45; 01-13-2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                    Correct. Nobody sucks better than us.

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    Yet, BC couldn't beat Brown..a middling ECAC team. At least, PC can do that :-)
                    So Holy Cross is a better team?
                    Wait...
                    We can't beat Brown, we can't beat Holy Cross...BUT WE CAN WHOOP FRIAR ARSE!
                    PC91, PC91... you SUCK, at life, at fandom. It's all your fault, it's all your fault, it's all your fault!
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Correct. Nobody sucks better than us.
                      We've been waiting years for that admission.

PC is probably heading into the CC weekend at the right time....

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

That "middling" ECAC team is a much more dangerous opponent than the slumping (and, frankly, not all that talented outside Gillies) Friars at the moment. I think BC and Denver would attest to that.

Comment

zlax, what measure would be acceptable to you then if you don't want to use your eyes? the hockey east standings? PWR?

Comment

I think multiple people need to let it go at this point. At least throw in some inappropriate jokes about BU while you're on our thread. Standards people! Standards!

(I might have made this thread worse...)

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

PC is probably heading into the CC weekend at the right time....
                              even though they suck this year, going out there for two is not ever easy. We're rooting for you though, at least i thought so before all this vitriol today

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                zlax, what measure would be acceptable to you then if you don't want to use your eyes? the hockey east standings? PWR?
                                Nice job putting words in my mouth..I never said PC was better than BC....just using your way of saying one team is better than another on the ice thus HC is better than BC.

Comment

Working...
                                X