PDA

View Full Version : PC - A new start and a new venue

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

PcFriars13
02-07-2014, 04:54 PM
I was looking at PIM's today as we grabbed another dman who picks up penalties as well as the previous 2 pickups but to this point in the season in the I can't believe that is possible department. Only 2 Division I men's teams have not picked up either a major or a misconduct----Providence and Maine.

You definitely just jinxed them.

QUAlum2004
02-07-2014, 05:01 PM
Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch 13m
94 D Logan Day (@SouthShoreKings) commits to Providence. Top scoring defenseman in the @USPHL with a 12-25-37 line in 44 GP. H/T @MarkDivver

New recruit for the Friars.

The Zlax45
02-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Big issue this season for PC has been the decline in play of Gilmour and Parisi. Both of them have regressed since their freshmen seasons.

The Freds
02-07-2014, 11:58 PM
I was looking at PIM's today as we grabbed another dman who picks up penalties as well as the previous 2 pickups but to this point in the season in the I can't believe that is possible department. Only 2 Division I men's teams have not picked up either a major or a misconduct----Providence and Maine.

Are you saying that PC can no longer be regarded as goons? :eek:

cavbim
02-08-2014, 06:30 AM
Big issue this season for PC has been the decline in play of Gilmour and Parisi. Both of them have regressed since their freshmen seasons.

Bingo.......that plus Florentino suffered from not having played above prep means a bigger learning curve.

Secondarily that the seniors really have not capped out their careers with their best season

cavbim
02-08-2014, 06:31 AM
Are you saying that PC can no longer be regarded as goons? :eek:

No but they do need to take remedial math so we stop getting those Too Many men on the ice calls

The Zlax45
02-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Bingo.......that plus Florentino suffered from not having played above prep means a bigger learning curve.

Secondarily that the seniors really have not capped out their careers with their best season

The seniors since Leaman has come to campus have been the WORST players on the team minus Schaller.

PC91
02-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Dangerous game tonight. UConn has nothing to lose and everything to gain. PC is expected to win and if the Friars sleep on the Huskies this could be a long night. The Friars haven't put in a solid effort for all three periods many times this year. Hopefully they start off this stretch by giving consistent effort tonight.

The Zlax45
02-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Dangerous game tonight. UConn has nothing to lose and everything to gain. PC is expected to win and if the Friars sleep on the Huskies this could be a long night. The Friars haven't put in a solid effort for all three periods many times this year. Hopefully they start off this stretch by giving consistent effort tonight.

When have they put 60 minutes together all year outside of AIC?

The Zlax45
02-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Does Ellis get the start tonight?

PC91
02-11-2014, 11:52 AM
When have they put 60 minutes together all year outside of AIC?

I have to agree

pucks711
02-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Husky fan making my first trip up to Schneider arena tonight. Looking forward to making the trip every year from here on out. Any suggestions on the best place to go for a pre game dinner, have to try some RI seafood right?

Jon
02-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Husky fan making my first trip up to Schneider arena tonight. Looking forward to making the trip every year from here on out. Any suggestions on the best place to go for a pre game dinner, have to try some RI seafood right?

Not sure about seafood, but there's a ton of places on Federal Hill and this is my favorite.

http://bobandtimmys.com/

cavbim
02-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Does Ellis get the start tonight?

Gillies--you don't screw around

AIC wasn't even a good 60 minute effort, the D sucked that night giving up 4 goals

pucks711
02-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Not sure about seafood, but there's a ton of places on Federal Hill and this is my favorite.

http://bobandtimmys.com/

I should rephrase that. If the beers are good then I'm there.

Jim
02-11-2014, 01:00 PM
Dangerous game tonight. UConn has nothing to lose and everything to gain. PC is expected to win and if the Friars sleep on the Huskies this could be a long night. The Friars haven't put in a solid effort for all three periods many times this year. Hopefully they start off this stretch by giving consistent effort tonight.This UConn team is not terrible and they don't quit. I'm not claiming they are a high end Hockey East club, but they are pretty solid defensively and can score. When they get solid goaltending they can be trouble. Not sure who will be in net tonight. Matt Grogan had a really good stretch last year and is not bad. Nichols, the frosh has played pretty well but had a bad night at Bentley. Not sure what Cav has in mind or how he's approaching this game. UConn is in the hunt in the AHA. Kind of strange scheduling, in the heat of the conference season, for both teams really. UConn has upgraded their talent over the last few seasons.

The Zlax45
02-11-2014, 04:07 PM
This UConn team is not terrible and they don't quit. I'm not claiming they are a high end Hockey East club, but they are pretty solid defensively and can score. When they get solid goaltending they can be trouble. Not sure who will be in net tonight. Matt Grogan had a really good stretch last year and is not bad. Nichols, the frosh has played pretty well but had a bad night at Bentley. Not sure what Cav has in mind or how he's approaching this game. UConn is in the hunt in the AHA. Kind of strange scheduling, in the heat of the conference season, for both teams really. UConn has upgraded their talent over the last few seasons.

PC was off over the weekend though.....

Jon
02-11-2014, 08:36 PM
And PC is losing.

I'm not sure how good UCONN's goalie is right now, but we have one goal in 49 shots. We don't run into great goalies- we create them.

PcFriars13
02-11-2014, 09:10 PM
What even is this.

Patman
02-11-2014, 09:21 PM
And PC is losing.

I'm not sure how good UCONN's goalie is right now, but we have one goal in 49 shots. We don't run into great goalies- we create them.

looks like they've been on a good run this season... I haven't paid that much attention but I was interested in how this one was going to turn out... sort of can you guys prove your mettle (and yes, Lowell's first year of our current run featured a loss and an OT win against UConn). Still that was more about a specific deficiency (that Lowell team couldn't handle size).