This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    All I keep hearing is that Gillies is gone around the rink at the end of the year...maybe mentally he is checking out!
    Maybe Calgary will tell him he needs another year in college after his recent play (wishful thinking). He looks like he's fighting the puck a lot and giving up tons of rebounds since the World Jrs started and it's continuing here. Gotta turn it around quick.

Comment

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Originally posted by Friar Away View Post
      Maybe Calgary will tell him he needs another year in college after his recent play (wishful thinking). He looks like he's fighting the puck a lot and giving up tons of rebounds since the World Jrs started and it's continuing here. Gotta turn it around quick.
      Agreed! He needs to be PC's best player and right now besides Mauermann...noone is playing up to their level.

Maybe this PC team just isn't that good.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Recurring theme: Providence doesn't play full 60 minutes. I'm still high on the Friars, but they need to play hard the whole game and not just part of it.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ovidence-recap
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Maybe I was imagining it but I thought the camera panned over to Brian Burke in one of the "luxury boxes" during the game. On the plus side I guess if we want gillies to stick around one more year that was a great game for Calgary to watch live...

Comment

Maybe Burke sitting in the stands had Gillies on edge and the show he put on will keep him here one more year......GM said no decision has been made

Comment

Take a deep breath and step back from the computer. He was the best goalie in college hockey in 2012/2013 and is so today
              A little adversity on the teams part gives the coaches the opportunity to get them focused and make adjustments. They didn't become bad coaches overnight and Gilles didn't become a so so goalie in 3 or 4 weeks,

No matter what happens at BC they will be fine. Getting hot in dec/early January should not be the objective.

If anything. A little blip should simply make you appreciate how special Gilles was over the past 16 months. He is not a worry,

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                Take a deep breath and step back from the computer. He was the best goalie in college hockey in 2012/2013 and is so today
                no kidding.. heck Tukka looked shaky last night. it happens.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                  Maybe Burke sitting in the stands had Gillies on edge and the show he put on will keep him here one more year......GM said no decision has been made
                  What show? The 970 save pct in regulation? The 1 goal on 28 shots
                  What a train wreck
                  Score some goals and give the kid a chance to catch his breath. Knowing you have to shut out a team like Northeastern, who has been explosive offensively is a tough nightly task for anyone

Didn't see Bruins shoving Rask under the bus last night

watch the highlight film on hockey east website, pc had many chances, unlucky not to score on 3 or 4 minimum

could have easily been 3 or 4-0 vs 1-0 at end
                  Last edited by Hokydad; 01-08-2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Hokydad, you going to Conte on Friday?
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      What show? The 970 save pct in regulation? The 1 goal on 28 shots
                      What a train wreck
                      Score some goals and give the kid a chance to catch his breath. Knowing you have to shut out a team like Northeastern, who has been explosive offensively is a tough nightly task for anyone

Didn't see Bruins shoving Rask under the bus last night

watch the highlight film on hockey east website, pc had many chances, unlucky not to score on 3 or 4 minimum

could have easily been 3 or 4-0 vs 1-0 at end
                      What we do? Go after your guy or something? You really think Gillies played well last night? Did you see his terrible rebound control? He wasn't tested too often last night and when he was it went in the night.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        What we do? Go after your guy or something? You really think Gillies played well last night? Did you see his terrible rebound control? He wasn't tested too often last night and when he was it went in the night.
                        Terrible rebound control? What rebound goal did they get? I must have missed them on the tape
                        He stopped 27 of the first 27 shots and PC was snake bitten 3 or 4 times, could have been 3 or 4 to 0. 2 or 3 times from the tape it looked like PC scored.

Maybe he wasnt tested but he still stopped 27 shots in a row

I can name 10 other Hockey East coaches who will swap golaies with you today. As would the ECAC and the rest of the leagues. A Gilles comes along every 20 years, if you are lucky to a program, last time someone this good was there was Tom Barraso, oh I forgot, he went pro instead....

Better to have a trip up now vs March/April

Comment

Terrible rebound control? What rebound goal did they get? I must have missed them on the tape
                          He stopped 27 of the first 27 shots and PC was snake bitten 3 or 4 times, could have been 3 or 4 to 0. 2 or 3 times from the tape it looked like PC scored.

I can name 10 other Hockey East coaches who will swap golaies with you today. As would the ECAC and the rest of the leagues. A Gilles comes along every 20 years, if you are lucky to a program, last time someone this good was there was Tom Barraso, oh I forgot, he went pro instead....

I don't think Lowell takes Gillies... :-)

I guess you missed Gillies kicking out rebounds to scoring areas and struggling to find the puck. Gillies has struggled since the Quinnipiac games. The Brown game saw him give up a couple of bad goals and it continued at Northeastern with him beat on a Manson shot to start the game that every D-1 goalie has to stop and Roy beating him with a wrist shot on a shot from around the top of the face-off dot. He struggled in the World Juniors and has continued now. That is now over a month of him struggling.

It is better to have a trip up now over March/April but I don't think this team gets to late March/April with the way Gillies has been playing.

Comment

Just because NU wasn't potting the rebounds doesn't mean it isn't concerning. He just hasn't looked like himself for a little bit. He really looked mediocre in Sweden, was fighting the puck, and got burned by leaving juicy rebounds and loose pucks in front of the net at World Jrs. The tying goal last night should have never got past him and it continues a trend of him not looking like himself. I think he's just in a rut and will bounce back. He's our best player, our backbone so we better hope he bounces back. Maybe we're not as good as we seemed early in the season, perhaps were a 6-10 team not a top 5 team. As they say you are never as bad as you are at your worst, and never as good as you are at your best.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              I don't think Lowell takes Gillies... :-)

I guess you missed Gillies kicking out rebounds to scoring areas and struggling to find the puck. Gillies has struggled since the Quinnipiac games. The Brown game saw him give up a couple of bad goals and it continued at Northeastern with him beat on a Manson shot to start the game that every D-1 goalie has to stop and Roy beating him with a wrist shot on a shot from around the top of the face-off dot. He struggled in the World Juniors and has continued now. That is now over a month of him struggling.

It is better to have a trip up now over March/April but I don't think this team gets to late March/April with the way Gillies has been playing.
                              I agree with some of this. Especially since MOST, if not all PC's recent success has been squarely on the shoulders of Gillies. They will go as he will go. It seems that he is not getting much support from his team mates. I don't however, think it's fair to railroad an elite player when they struggle. Elite players will occasionally struggle, and obviously through his play lately, that is evident. It is more glaring because he is a goalie. Any other player can hide when struggling. Time will tell what he is made of!
                              Last edited by sk8tronthepond; 01-08-2014, 01:14 PM.
                              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                                I agree with some of this. Especially since MOST, if not all PC's recent success has been squarely on the shoulders of Gillies. They will go as he will go. It seems that he is not getting much support from his team mates. I don't however, think it's fair to railroad an elite player when they struggle. Elite players will occasionally struggle, and obviously through his play lately, that is evident. It is more glaring because he is a goalie. Any other player can hide when struggling. Time will tell what he is made of!
                                Oh, you want to hear more...

PAGING MARK JANKOWSKI!

Comment

Working...
                                X