X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

Originally posted by Netman View Post
    They are all set aside for Alumni. Contact the Alumni Office. I tried to get some and was told no.
    You were told no for MANY reasons. No of which were because tickets are being set aside for alumni!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
      They are all set aside for Alumni. Contact the Alumni Office. I tried to get some and was told no.
      Thank you!
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
        Thank you!
        Isn't that that the weekend Notre Dame and The Freds are in town? They were selling a three game package for that weekend. I was also told there was a set aside for alumni.

For those going to Fenway today have fun. I have heard from friends from other schools it is not the best place to watch a hockey game. But hey, it is Fenway. I didn't see anything in the Projo today other than the TV listing. Too bad this #4 ranked team does not get better press (although it has been light years better than just a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
          Too bad this #4 ranked team does not get better press (although it has been light years better than just a few years ago.
          Unfortunately, RI is still a college basketball state. Always will be. It's sad that PC's lowest crowd of the season so far was the Mayor's Cup. That says a lot about local public interest and both teams' fanbases.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
            Unfortunately, RI is still a college basketball state. Always will be. It's sad that PC's lowest crowd of the season so far was the Mayor's Cup. That says a lot about local public interest and both teams' fanbases.
            Yes and the less said about the rudderless course PC and URI's programs have had since the late nineties, the better. And I do like Ed Cooley, but his job is possibly even more difficult than Nate Leaman's.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              Yes and the less said about the rudderless course PC and URI's programs have had since the late nineties, the better. And I do like Ed Cooley, but his job is possibly even more difficult than Nate Leaman's.
              I respectfully have to disagree about Cooley's job being more difficult. Cooley has the school's utmost support both financially and in terms of hype. Hockey is the ugly step sister at PC and ALWAYS has been even during the periods of snoozefest seasons that the hoop program has produced. Basketball is king at PC despite the program having done nothing on the national stage in about 20 years and the program still gets all the focus and resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                I actually love Ed Cooley and consider myself a fan of PC's basketball team (since Brown and Ivy League basketball are so irrelevant). He seems to have the program headed in the right direction, but then again, so did Keno Davis a couple years ago.

In a perfect world, Providence would be a borderline elite basketball program (comparable to a Marquette or Villanova), while still fostering a quality hockey program with a dedicated following. This is a tough number to hit, however.

And in a perfect hockey world, Brown and PC would play a very heated and bitter Mayor's Cup between top ten programs and in front of a packed Dunkin Donuts Center year in and year out, a la BU-BC. But that's just getting greedy.

Comment

Some images from Providence's practice are here http://www.uscho.com/photos/2014/01/...way-practices/

Didn't manage to get all I wanted up in time I had post thawing out, but will add more after the weekend.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                  HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                  HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ross-mauermann

Stats comparison, a few notes.
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Just saw a tweet by Gillies saying his bags were misplaced by JetBlue and he will not be dressing.
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                        Just saw a tweet by Gillies saying his bags were misplaced by JetBlue and he will not be dressing.
                        He misplaced his game in Malmo.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                          And in a perfect hockey world, Brown and PC would play a very heated and bitter Mayor's Cup between top ten programs and in front of a packed Dunkin Donuts Center year in and year out, a la BU-BC. But that's just getting greedy.
                          That is not being greedy at all. That's how it should be.

Comment

I have no desire to ever do an outdoor game ever again.
                            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                              nor does anyone else that has ever been to one

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                                a quick learner

Comment

Working...
                                X